Hello everyone... I have a question that i hope someone can answer as i myself have not been able to come up with one...the other day my BBM went haywire after i downgraded back to 4.7 so i jotted down all my BBM contacts pin numbers and then proceeded to re-add them 1 by 1 however i noticed that sometimes when i added a contact my BB would beep twice... but it didnt do this all the time just every so often... and i was curious as to why it did that? is there a reason for the "Beep Beep" sound it made? is it trying to tell me somthing? i dont know i added about 175 contacts and it did it maybe like 25 times... any thoughts?
    07-25-09 03:56 PM
    no one? really?
    07-25-09 04:20 PM
    I have no idea what the "Beep Beep" is that you're talking about but man you should never have to jot down each and every PIN down. When you do a backup you can do an advanced restore and it will put back whatever BBM contacts you had on that backup....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 04:51 PM
    Are you positive the beep beep is directly related to what you were doing with BBM?

07-25-09 05:27 PM
    yea i have a back up at home but i was at a relatives house visiting and was really bored and with out a PC sooo thats why i did it manually... and Yes im certain it was related to the BBM cause it did it when i added certain contacts... im thinking it was maybe the the pins that were also associated with a contact in my phone book...
    07-25-09 05:49 PM
    Probably off-topic but your situation is what gets me annoyed with RIM to no end for not giving these phones the ability to restore from a memory card. But all I can do is vent about it....

07-25-09 05:54 PM
    Probably off-topic but your situation is what gets me annoyed with RIM to no end for not giving these phones the ability to restore from a memory card. But all I can do is vent about it....

I def agree but then again in 5.0 it seems we will be able to back up and restore BBM atleast from a memory card...it would be nice if you could restore the whole phone... Contacts,emails,bbm,etc but i guess with in due time...

Now wheres kevin on this one i mean isnt he like the Blackberry King or somthing... LOL im still really curious to find out why it beeped like that with certain contacts... its driving me nuts not having an answer!
    07-26-09 09:55 AM
    Recreate the circumstance, do what you were doing before and try to make it happen again.

07-26-09 10:00 AM
    I was able to recreate it several times... im just not sure what it means... it only does it on BBM when im adding contacts...
    07-28-09 04:47 PM
    Could be it designates that you successfully added a contact but mine doesn't do that and I would have thought if it was normal for BBM that somebody would have said so by now.

07-28-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD