Hi,

I've searched the forums for a possible solution to this, but have had no luck finding anything. I've synced my calendar and tasks from Outlook with no issues, but when I try to schedule a reminder tone to work there is no reminder tone. I've gone to Profiles/Advanced/Calendar/Edit...any I went through the entire list and changed everything to my preferences and saved everything. When I set the preferences on a Calendar entry it'll show a bell icon which I assume this is confirmation that there is a reminder tone set. But when the scheduled appointment arrives there is nothing, no reminder tone no nothing. I even tried entering a test appointment and still no reminder. Please help!
    09-21-07 03:19 AM
    Do a search on here, and do the Calendar update...
    09-21-07 03:27 AM
    Thanks Navilyn! I'll try searching for the Calendar update.
    09-21-07 04:38 AM
    Ah, here it is...
    09-21-07 04:43 AM
    Ok...tried to download Calendar Patch OTA from BB site, but rcv'd message "Insufficient space for application". I went to Options/Status to check on my current state...reads "0 free space". I checked the applications that are residing on my BB and tried to clean things up like my messages and such, but still showing "0 free space". Any suggestions?

CalendarOTAPatcher needs 31068 of space to install.

Thanks,

Brant
    10-01-07 04:32 AM
    Sorry, nevermind. I just did a battery pull and it cleaned my cache, so now I'm updated and working perfectly! Thanks!
    10-02-07 01:56 AM
    not to piggy back on this thread ... but i'm having simular issues ... i HAVE installed the OTA patch ... since then i have also upgraded to Curve 8300 OS - v4.2.2.265 / 4.2.2.146 ... I have daily alarms set in my calendar to go off every morning, some mornings they work, some they dont (havent at all this week so far) ...
    10-02-07 08:34 AM
    Try a battery pull. It's seems to be a quick solution when needing to reset your BB. Although it may not be a long term answer to your problem, it's worth a try.
    10-03-07 03:57 AM
    I, too, am no longer getting a tone reminder for calendar entries. I've updated the OS for my 8310 Curve, I've pulled the battery, I've gone through every preference/setting I can think of. Can anyone offer any other suggestions or have found a work-around for this? Thanks!
    01-12-10 11:25 AM
    I was having the same problem. The solution was as follows:
    1. Open CALENDAR.
    2. Display MENU.
    3. Select OPTIONS.
    4. Select GENERAL OPTIONS.
    5. Change SHOW ALARMS from NO to YES. (SHOW ALARMS is the last item on the GENERAL OPTIONS screen.)

Hope this helps.
    02-08-10 01:49 PM
    I was having the same problem. The solution was as follows:
    1. Open CALENDAR.
    2. Display MENU.
    3. Select OPTIONS.
    4. Select GENERAL OPTIONS.
    5. Change SHOW ALARMS from NO to YES. (SHOW ALARMS is the last item on the GENERAL OPTIONS screen.)

Hope this helps.
    This totally fixed the issue for me. I have my calendar imported from my Gmail account and I had to go into that calendar specifically to change the Show Alarms option. You are a life saver. I was starting to think my phone was worthless, considering I got a BB to have my calendar with me and keeping me in sync with my day to day to-do's.
    08-26-10 02:33 AM
    Good solution! Glad it's still helping folks! I've moved this thread from CB Newbies to BB Native Apps so it will be easier to find next time it's needed.
    08-26-10 07:56 AM
    Good solution! Glad it's still helping folks! I've moved this thread from CB Newbies to BB Native Apps so it will be easier to find next time it's needed.
    08-26-10 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD