Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700AllLang_v6.0.0.499_P6.6.0.189 folder. Delete everything in this folder. The next thing you will do is open up Kyle's hybrid using WinRAR. Whatever gets extracted, dive in until you see a Java folder, a UMTS folder, and a bunch of *.alx files. do a <ctrl>A to select all, then paste it into the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700AllLang_v6.0.0.499_P6.6.0.189 folder you just emptied.

Now you have the proper hybrid OS on your PC ready to be loaded onto your BB. Do a full backup of your BB using Desktop Manager, do a security wipe, and then run C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe. When Loader offers up the available programs to load, check the modules that you use. If you don't use Visual Voice Mail or Voice Activated Dialing or any foreign languages then make sure they aren't checked.

After loader does it's thing, then use Desktop Manager to restore all data, programs and settings and you should be good to go! Just as in loading a leaked or official OS, you may have to re-enter third-party application passwords, settings, etc.
    04-03-11 04:09 PM
    Ok I tried that thanks, however I get this error

04-03-11 04:22 PM

I didn't get that error, looks like you may be trying to load apps that has missing files. I loaded the basics and worked fine.
    04-03-11 04:38 PM
    I'm having a problem with my facebook, I have Facebook 2.0 and the chat wont connect. It did with just the the straight OS 480, my Places finds me, my chat wont.
    04-03-11 04:44 PM
    I tried starting all over again with it, still have the same problem. My phone has been security wiped. The file it's asking for isn't in the OS folder. Have you guys got that file? I might give it a try on my other computer.
    04-03-11 04:49 PM

Try redownloading the hybrid as maybe a file was not extracted properly or corrupt. Everyone else who has succesfully loaded the hybrid will confirm that they didn not get that error message

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 04:54 PM
    I would love to have .461 radio files with .499 browser as currently stands

Instead of using 499 umts. U could simply try replacing the entire UMTS folder with that of the .461 oS

04-03-11 04:56 PM
    I tried it on my other computer and works fine, very odd. Using exactly the same files! Nevermind, thanks for your help I will report back on how well it works.
    04-03-11 05:00 PM
    Instead of using 499 umts. U could simply try replacing the entire UMTS folder with that of the .461 oS

Browser won't be affected? I will try this then

04-03-11 05:03 PM
    I am goin to address all the concerns and issues in one single post on the main page of the thread. So all those with questions concerning the BIS login errors,appworld errors,gps errors and any other errors or concerns about the hybrid. This is ur chance to be heard and have them promptly addressed. This is how its going to work. Ur are going to send me a personal msg.and the title will be the area of concern.etc gps issue...then by tomoro night I will provide both answers and fixes to everyone on the OP. The fix will be able to be loaded thru bbsak so u are fine with downloading and running the hybrid now if u are already doing so.

Thank you for ur continued support and appreciation. I'm trying to keep everyone satisfied and happy so if you could do me this favour it will make both of our lives easier. Thanks. Lkyleobrien

04-03-11 05:09 PM
    i see should me java swap. did this hybrid support arabic keyboard ?
    04-03-11 05:20 PM
    I'm having a problem with my facebook, I have Facebook 2.0 and the chat wont connect. It did with just the the straight OS 480, my Places finds me, my chat wont.
    It is a known issue, thread already going on beta zone about this, voice your concern there, I did.

04-03-11 05:23 PM
    The group chats not going to inbox seems to be going on with .56 only, rolled back to .31 and all is swell. Wth?

04-03-11 05:27 PM
    Hey guys

i deleted all the files, copied in the new ones... but im getting an email setup libary error when i try to proceed?

Anyone know how to fix?

Thanks
    04-03-11 06:22 PM

That simply did not work the way I plan lol, phone loaded fine but the display is ghastly. It's like am back in the 19th century I will stick to your build, as I do not find any issues other than the 3G drops every now and again. I will load .31 BBM instead of .56 as it screwes with my group, I have 5 groups and use it rather a lot.

.56 group chat is a bug not only on your build but on the torch as well by the looks of it. So if there are any gurus out there, .... they can probably fix this with a flick of a switch.
    04-03-11 06:35 PM
    Hey guys

i deleted all the files, copied in the new ones... but im getting an email setup libary error when i try to proceed?

Anyone know how to fix?

Thanks
    What is the error? On the device or on the PC? to get on to email set up on device you need to create a new BB ID ...
    04-03-11 06:37 PM
    its on the computer mate, when i try to install with apploader... it comes up straight after when youve selected what to install

Email setup libary cannot be loaded because some required files are unavailable
    04-03-11 06:40 PM
    The group chats not going to inbox seems to be going on with .56 only, rolled back to .31 and all is swell. Wth?

i know what's up with that? and they lost the color time zone thingy! so basically this upgrade was just for color chat boxes?!! i'm rolling back too
    04-03-11 06:41 PM
    Ok, I spent some time sorting a few things out. Got my main apps installed and I'm very happy with it now!

Installed my OS5 look theme:

68mb free Before I never saw above 40mb, and this would gradually work down to about 13kb before I had to do a battery pull

Installed the Facebook 2.0 Beta, having problems with chat but everything else is perfect.

HUGE thanks to the creator of this, never thought I'd try a hybrid but I'm very glad I did I will report back in a couple of days once it's had time to settle in Also it's fantastic having the cursor back in messages lol
    04-03-11 07:06 PM
    Got it running, manually pulled 3 times, everything seems fine to me.
    04-03-11 07:32 PM
    Has anybody been able to get the new facebook running? When i install it i dont even get an icon :/
    04-03-11 07:43 PM
    Has anybody been able to get the new facebook running? When i install it i dont even get an icon :/

This i don't know, because I use socialscope for twitter/fb/foursquare. Everything else is working fine.
    04-03-11 08:20 PM
    Hi,

Running this on my 9780. When my Blackerry starts up it has around 316MB free app memory but suddenly drops to around 297-298 and slow builds back up. Anyone else experiencing this?
    04-03-11 08:41 PM
    Hmm, I'm experiencing this also. Facebook works fine but the chat isn't connecting.
    04-03-11 08:43 PM
    I cannot connect to Facebook Chat either. Everything else seems to be working perfectly.
    04-03-11 08:56 PM
276 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD