will this work on the 8520? (T-Mobile)
    I believe it only works on the 8350i because its a nextel phone. IDEN is the only network that will convert to boost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 01:27 PM
    ok trying to use shangmail but when i add my account it wont validate it....help???
    06-13-10 08:36 PM
    I went thru all the steps listed to make MMS/SMS work on my 8350i for Boost.
    Last nite I had it up and running great. I sent messages with picture attachements and they were received on the other end.

This morning I started texting and all of a sudden I get the Ntxl symbol, lost all data services out of the blue. NO MMS only Google SMS was working.

So I thought Sprints data went offline. I called a friend who has Sprint and hers was fine. So I went thru the steps again and got full NTXL like normal EXCEPT this time NO MMS, only Google Voice SMS.

I cant figure out what happened?

No matter how many times I repeat the process it will NOT work like last nite

Any ideas?
    06-15-10 10:49 AM
    Works Like a Charm! Even the second time around...I had some sms problems and just reinstalled
    06-23-10 07:56 PM
    Can someone please tell me how to get media application. It was not listed in the Service Books or Applications when going through the steps to turn my Blackberry 7520 into a boostberry or if someone can tell me how to get ringtones on my new boostberry it would be greatly appreciated. I am missing the media application at this time and need help.
    06-24-10 08:17 AM
    Can someone please tell me how to get media application. It was not listed in the Service Books or Applications when going through the steps to turn my Blackberry 7520 into a boostberry or if someone can tell me how to get ringtones on my new boostberry it would be greatly appreciated. I am missing the media application at this time and need help.
    I don't have the 7520 but if your looking for new ringtones you can download them str8 from crackberry over the air.

Last edited by crump84; 06-24-10 at 09:37 AM.
    06-24-10 09:34 AM
    I went thru all the steps listed to make MMS/SMS work on my 8350i for Boost.
    Last nite I had it up and running great. I sent messages with picture attachements and they were received on the other end.

This morning I started texting and all of a sudden I get the Ntxl symbol, lost all data services out of the blue. NO MMS only Google SMS was working.

So I thought Sprints data went offline. I called a friend who has Sprint and hers was fine. So I went thru the steps again and got full NTXL like normal EXCEPT this time NO MMS, only Google Voice SMS.

I cant figure out what happened?

No matter how many times I repeat the process it will NOT work like last nite

Any ideas?
    Most likely you will have to wipe handheld and re-install SB from the beginning, making sure not to skip any steps. Do a backup before you wipe the phone so you do not lose any address book, ect info.

06-24-10 02:00 PM
    thank u sooo much this saved me so much aggrivation!!!!
    07-24-10 08:34 PM
    Help!!! I have a 8350i unlocked and working flawlessly.. I want to put in a memory card, but I am afraid to because I had a boostberry before and I took out the sim card and put in a memory card in that one and started getting error messages (uncaught exception Lang nullpointer and such) and could no longer receive texts. I ended up getting a regular boost phone again after that. I have been told that it might be because the memory card wasn't formatted. I have no clue where that one came from. I have a brand new memory card now and want to install it but I am deathly afraid of the same thing happening again! Help!!

07-30-10 02:30 PM
    Help!!! I have a 8350i unlocked and working flawlessly.. I want to put in a memory card, but I am afraid to because I had a boostberry before and I took out the sim card and put in a memory card in that one and started getting error messages (uncaught exception Lang nullpointer and such) and could no longer receive texts. I ended up getting a regular boost phone again after that. I have been told that it might be because the memory card wasn't formatted. I have no clue where that one came from. I have a brand new memory card now and want to install it but I am deathly afraid of the same thing happening again! Help!!

If you take out the SIM you will loose your service books and will not have the web and MMS. The service books would have to be reinstalled. There is no reason to remove the SIM to install a memory card they are next to each other on the motherboard. You can also format the memory card on your PC before installation if it is needed, before you install it in the phone.
    07-30-10 02:47 PM
    i wanted to know if anyone knows how to setup the blackberry 8350i with boost mobile
    07-31-10 12:14 AM
    i cant download the file combined3.ipd in any place
    07-31-10 02:08 AM
    i wanted to know if anyone knows how to setup the blackberry 8350i with boost mobile
    i cant download the file combined3.ipd in any place
    Look at the first post at the beginning of this thread. Search is your friend.
    07-31-10 07:50 AM
    Did all the steps with my 7100i on boost network and i still cannot get MMS
    08-03-10 05:30 PM
    Did all the steps with my 7100i on boost network and i still cannot get MMS
    Does it give the option of mms and just give a red X or is there none and just save to draft?

08-03-10 06:33 PM
    ok now that i have readed every thing i just need help wit the shangmail part if any one can help me outevery time i go back to my dm it ask me to up date should i up date
    08-04-10 09:43 AM
    honestly! i tried other methods from other site and never worked!!
    08-06-10 12:54 PM
    Thanks alot! I managed to have my native browser set on "browser" as well! It only had the "hotspot" option! A big thanks!
    08-06-10 06:07 PM
    thanks alot man
    08-09-10 04:24 AM
    Good Evening, Just Installed everything, It all works GREAT, Thanks.

1 Question though... All my SMS's are coming in and going out as MMS, and its a little annoying, being that im used to SMS on BB, simple, quick..... is there a way to get Regular SMS w/o going thru the Online nextel-email way as described in the description? Thanks.
    08-09-10 08:59 PM
    Hi Im new to the blackberry 8350i, is there any way that you can help me unlock my Nextel 8350i to access Boost
    08-12-10 09:32 PM
    Hi Im new to the blackberry 8350i, is there any way that you can help me unlock my Nextel 8350i to access Boost
    The 8350i does not have to be "unlocked" to work on Boost Mobile. To get started with everything you need, read the 1st post in this thread.

08-12-10 10:55 PM
    I recently went from California to Las Vegas and I forgot to turn my phone off while in the plane....Now my MMS and Internet browsers are not working. I tried reinstalling the service books and I have done numerous battery pulls. When I try registering through the host routing table I get the following message "registration message queued. It will be sent once data coverage is available" and when I try to get using the internet browser I get the following message "you are not currently in an area that can handle data communication"....The only thing I can do now is make and receive calls....PLEASE HELP!!
    08-17-10 01:55 AM
    Hello well I have a blackberry 8350i nextel (Peru). I changed service books and I only can use internet browser over wifi but not wap. I want to know if I can use some wap browser . Also My mms are not working.
    I would like to send sms or mms .

08-19-10 02:43 AM
    Good Evening, Just Installed everything, It all works GREAT, Thanks.

1 Question though... All my SMS's are coming in and going out as MMS, and its a little annoying, being that im used to SMS on BB, simple, quick..... is there a way to get Regular SMS w/o going thru the Online nextel-email way as described in the description? Thanks.
    Sorry . MMS only. SMS is no longer an option. As long as the message arrives, should it really matter if it is MMS or SMS ?
    08-23-10 09:04 PM
1,439 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD