and you have boost mobile? no im new to blackberry and crackberry.. where do i find these instuctions at?
    The very first post in this thread.
    10-26-09 05:52 PM
    good for everyone.
    I am a freshman for this site. thanks again for casper34.
    how many item on your sb after install combined 3? I checked from dm,only
    5 item and I can NOT found EMAIL item, now I cant sent email, but I can received email by shangmail. THANKS FOR HELP AGAIN.(8350I BOOST 4.6), I check sb from bb,total there is 23 items and no " email".
    Last edited by Jeffrey5698; 10-26-09 at 07:30 PM.
    10-26-09 07:24 PM
    Again,i check sb from bb,total there is 23 items and no " email".
    10-26-09 07:28 PM
    does this work for the 8530i?
    10-26-09 08:16 PM
    HI, Regards from Peru
    Do u know how to fix the option of the messages? My problem is that i enter to sms option but i don�t have the "link" to reply anyone. I hope u can help me regards!
    10-26-09 09:34 PM
    Thank you! you were dead on!!!
    10-27-09 05:19 PM
    what do i do when the IMEI is said to have to start with two zeros...do I still enter the bb 8350i IMEI information?
    10-28-09 06:21 PM
    what do i do when the IMEI is said to have to start with two zeros...do I still enter the bb 8350i IMEI information?
    As suggested by someone else, I just called Boost and told them a friend gave me an old Nextel phone. I gave them the IMEI number and they activated it in their system with no problem. The rep did warn me that there may be a delay receiving my messages, although I haven't experienced that. This was about 9am CST today.
    10-28-09 07:53 PM
    Hey does anybody know how to do MMS threaded texting or get the SMS working on this? The texting part is pretty annoying if theres any app or os i could upgrade to let me know.
    10-30-09 05:33 AM
    threaded text does NOT work with MMS.... and since the 8350i does ONLY MMS, no threaded text
    10-30-09 06:20 AM
    Texting service is AWFUL! I guess it's Boost?!?!

Someone can send me a text. I never get it. If I do a battery pull, the text comes in as soon as the Blackberry powers back up.

Sometimes I can get a text and it takes 30 minutes to receive, sometimes 2.

My sister has a Blackberry on AT&T, and her texts seem to come through right away every time!

Any ideas???
    10-30-09 03:15 PM
    do i need another program to open the .ipd file?
    and do i need the bb usb drive?
    10-30-09 06:49 PM
    Texting service is AWFUL! I guess it's Boost?!?!

Someone can send me a text. I never get it. If I do a battery pull, the text comes in as soon as the Blackberry powers back up.

Sometimes I can get a text and it takes 30 minutes to receive, sometimes 2.

My sister has a Blackberry on AT&T, and her texts seem to come through right away every time!

Any ideas???
    Have you checked if you have the latest device software? press and hold ALT+SHIFT+H...for App Version you should see...4.6.1.204.
    10-30-09 08:31 PM
    Is it okay for me to update my OS with this on? or will I have to repeat?
    10-31-09 12:03 AM
    do i need another program to open the .ipd file?
    and do i need the bb usb drive?
    If you don't have one in your pc, use what I attached.
    Last edited by piloso; 07-14-10 at 08:29 PM.
    10-31-09 12:15 AM
    I am not getting MMS/SMS and I cannot send them it says my data package doesn't support it or something, I removed I.T. policy and now it will not let me change web browser to BROWSER instead of HOTSPOT BROWSER help?
    10-31-09 02:22 PM
    Issue fixed i love you!
    10-31-09 02:26 PM
    For some reason when I removed the battery I had to do all this again x( no biggie though.
    10-31-09 07:14 PM
    First off, Thank you AmySharren! You rock!
    Secondly, I performed the painful task of reading every post in it's entirety in this thread. I only say painful because it appears many many people jump to the last page and post questions covered in the first page.
    After reading ALL the posts, I got it on the first try. Everything is Functional. I don't remember who for what exactly, but there's a couple people who helped out in this forum about getting GPS and some other issues working properly. Thank you as well, you know who you are...

*I like the beta Opera Mini 5, no need for a theme fix (as someone had mentioned)
    *Happy with the MMS service, not a glitch and it actually seams to come through faster than they did on my i465 Clutch.
    *I have occasionally gotten the red x when I sent a message, but waiting a second and choosing "resend" goes through fine.
    *For IM i'm using Implus (IM+) but giving Nimbuzz a try today since it's free and appears to have the same functionality.
    *Nav4All is a great GPS program with lots of voice options.

I'm thinking of taking an attempt to play around with a hex editor and see what I can do about the service books to find some other functions or posibilities. I'm also in the process of trying to find a way to "ghost" this thing into thinking it passes the 128M internal benchmark to upgrade to OS5. If anyone has insight on this, lemme know.

Happy Boosting Everyone!!!!

*Update - didn't care much for Nimbuzz. Not very user friendly.......
    *Update - YouMail Rocks!! Everyone loves having their name said to them. Feels so personal...
    Last edited by queberican351; 11-01-09 at 06:21 PM.
    11-01-09 06:16 AM
    First off, Thank you AmySharren! You rock!
    Secondly, I performed the painful task of reading every post in it's entirety in this thread. I only say painful because it appears many many people jump to the last page and post questions covered in the first page.
    After reading ALL the posts, I got it on the first try. Everything is Functional. I don't remember who for what exactly, but there's a couple people who helped out in this forum about getting GPS and some other issues working properly. Thank you as well, you know who you are...

*I like the beta Opera Mini 5, no need for a theme fix (as someone had mentioned)
    *Happy with the MMS service, not a glitch and it actually seams to come through faster than they did on my i465 Clutch.
    *I have occasionally gotten the red x when I sent a message, but waiting a second and choosing "resend" goes through fine.
    *For IM i'm using Implus (IM+) but giving Nimbuzz a try today since it's free and appears to have the same functionality.
    *Nav4All is a great GPS program with lots of voice options.

I'm thinking of taking an attempt to play around with a hex editor and see what I can do about the service books to find some other functions or posibilities. I'm also in the process of trying to find a way to "ghost" this thing into thinking it passes the 128M internal benchmark to upgrade to OS5. If anyone has insight on this, lemme know.

Happy Boosting Everyone!!!!

*Update - didn't care much for Nimbuzz. Not very user friendly.......
    *Update - YouMail Rocks!! Everyone loves having their name said to them. Feels so personal...
    I am pretty sure when you install an APP or uninstall an app or update OS on blackberry browser cannot work on mobile network and MMS/SMS stops working so you have to redo this, a real pain but honestly I barely text, IMing is where it's at! and Nimbuzz is the only multi-IM I know that has G talk, Yahoo, MSN, and AIM with VOIP.

This guide rocks but does not mention the MMS screwin up when your blackberry resets.
    11-01-09 08:10 PM
    I am pretty sure when you install an APP or uninstall an app or update OS on blackberry browser cannot work on mobile network and MMS/SMS stops working so you have to redo this, a real pain but honestly I barely text, IMing is where it's at! and Nimbuzz is the only multi-IM I know that has G talk, Yahoo, MSN, and AIM with VOIP.

This guide rocks but does not mention the MMS screwin up when your blackberry resets.
    I've installed and uninstalled many apps and have not once lost my MMS. Also, when I have had to do a battery pull, it has never resulted in a loss of service books or MMS. I have also updated the OS to the latest without a problem. Maybe there is something that you have done incorrectly, or there is a hardware or OS problem with your phone. The only thing I know that will mess up the settings is turning the phone on without the SIM installed.
    Last edited by hightack; 11-01-09 at 09:09 PM.
    11-01-09 09:07 PM
    I've never had any issues when resetting or battery pull as well. MMS and browser are all good. Same with install / uninstall of apps. Done it many times since I started this. But those who haven't tried IM+ it's awesome.
    11-02-09 04:28 AM
    I cannot dial contacts it says the number or code you have dialed is incorrect please check the number or code and try again
    11-02-09 10:40 AM
    I've installed and uninstalled many apps and have not once lost my MMS. Also, when I have had to do a battery pull, it has never resulted in a loss of service books or MMS. I have also updated the OS to the latest without a problem. Maybe there is something that you have done incorrectly, or there is a hardware or OS problem with your phone. The only thing I know that will mess up the settings is turning the phone on without the SIM installed.
    what? Pull your battery and try sending an MMS... it says it will save a draft until you can get MMS services... meaning you have to put back the service books.
    11-02-09 10:41 AM
    And what I meant was uninstall apps on BB DM or uninstall and restart BB on the BB itself.
    11-02-09 10:45 AM
1,439 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD