Once it's in your pc do this...
    1. right click the file (shangmail) and hit extract all
    2. connect your phone to your pc and open Desktop Manager
    3. hit APPLICATION LOADER
    4. Now find the shangmail file, click it and hit open...and then just keep on clicking next, and then finish.
    Thanks piloso
    10-06-09 10:22 PM
    Thanks piloso
    You are welcome!
    10-06-09 10:46 PM
    I have the 8350i and converted it to boost everything is working except my voicemail. When I call my voicemail from the phone I get a busy signal and when I call from a landline I get the message "The person you have called is unavailable right now"
    10-07-09 09:02 AM
    If you want to log on to Gmail or Hotmail, you can from the browser. You should install Bolt or Opera Mini if you are going to do that. There is a Google Mobile app for Gmail that works great, and downloads your mail to your phone automatically. Lastly, only MMS is available on the 8350i.
    yeah i did that, i wrote down i CANT but i meant i CAN just logon from the browser , have installed those app u said, no word about how to view email atachments yet? like pdf files?

thanks
    10-07-09 11:21 AM
    yeah i did that, i wrote down i CANT but i meant i CAN just logon from the browser , have installed those app u said, no word about how to view email atachments yet? like pdf files?

thanks
    You need something like Premium Docs 2 GO which has a pdf viewer.
    10-07-09 12:46 PM
    Anyone having an issue with shangmail today? I keep getting the message "network error! Please check network setting and signal level!" I cannot send or receive emails anymore & the prompt comes up every minute or so & of I dont clear it, it sends people straight to VM when they call... I have uninstalled & reinstalled it, & now I can not even login. HELP!
    10-07-09 02:08 PM
    im new to all of this so pardon my elementary question. if i purchase a 8350i and have an activated boost sim card can i just insert the sim card or do i have to have the phone flashed or can i just follow the instructions posted here to get it working. thanks for any help.
    10-07-09 03:42 PM
    im new to all of this so pardon my elementary question. if i purchase a 8350i and have an activated boost sim card can i just insert the sim card or do i have to have the phone flashed or can i just follow the instructions posted here to get it working. thanks for any help.
    There's no such thing as unlucking this phone...activate the sim card, snap it in...and just follow the instructions...you'll be good.
    10-07-09 04:11 PM
    The SIM card will work. The 8350i does not have to be flashed, just follow the instructions at the beginning of this thread.
    10-07-09 04:12 PM
    awesome. thanks a lot for you help.
    10-07-09 04:12 PM
    Will the guide in this thread work on a 7520?
    10-07-09 05:47 PM
    I just got a Blackberrry Curve by NEXTEL so that I can use my unlimited boost plan but now I am totally stumped with not having even use of basic functions such as getting my voice mail to work. Can I get help with at least that? PLEASE HELP !!!!

Ben
    10-07-09 06:14 PM
    Anyone having an issue with shangmail today? I keep getting the message "network error! Please check network setting and signal level!" I cannot send or receive emails anymore & the prompt comes up every minute or so & of I dont clear it, it sends people straight to VM when they call... I have uninstalled & reinstalled it, & now I can not even login. HELP!
    I am having the same exact problems. If anyone knows how to correct this please let me know.
    10-07-09 08:38 PM
    I am having the same exact problems. If anyone knows how to correct this please let me know.
    I think they are having server issues. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. I have tried everything there poss is at this point. I'll let you know if anything changes on my end.
    10-07-09 08:46 PM
    I think they are having server issues. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. I have tried everything there poss is at this point. I'll let you know if anything changes on my end.
    shangmail is down again. just pause the shangmail program until further notice. unless u want ur phone to keep on going to voicemail
    10-07-09 09:52 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks for the tutorial and service books. Followed it to the letter and everything works great (voice, mms, youmail, vlingo, google mobile, palringo, etc...). Also, I did not have any issues activating the IMEI number on boost's website, it worked my first try. Yay boostberry 8350i!
    10-08-09 11:47 AM
    you are a life saver i really appreciate it
    10-08-09 04:11 PM
    I had the same problem , but this is how i Fixed it. 1.) make sure the sim card is in before you change the service books. 2.) restore the original service books (hopefully you saved em!) 3.) delete all your service books exept the Wi-Fi tcp/ip browser and transport service books 4.) restore the new service books according to instruction.

When you clear service books using the desktop manager, it leaves the Wifi TCP/IP service books on there, and I deleated them manually. Thats why it didnt work, only after I restored the original SBs and redid it was I able to send MMS and get browser workin.
    10-08-09 05:20 PM
    I had the same problem , but this is how i Fixed it. 1.) make sure the sim card is in before you change the service books. 2.) restore the original service books (hopefully you saved em!) 3.) delete all your service books exept the Wi-Fi tcp/ip browser and transport service books 4.) restore the new service books according to instruction.

When you clear service books using the desktop manager, it leaves the Wifi TCP/IP service books on there, and I deleated them manually. Thats why it didnt work, only after I restored the original SBs and redid it was I able to send MMS and get browser workin.
    Who's issue is this directed towards?
    10-08-09 05:47 PM
    do you have to do this for calling and texing only , or is it a direct swap , without doing the interent fix and etc.. bc i only need the text and calling.
    10-08-09 06:54 PM
    hi amysharren i followed your directions, the browser showed up as another option besides hotspot browser but it will not open , it keep saying "unable to find the requested server" can anybody please help me with this. But i can send and receive text now thank you
    10-08-09 07:45 PM
    hi amysharren i followed your directions, the browser showed up as another option besides hotspot browser but it will not open , it keep saying "unable to find the requested server" can anybody please help me with this. But i can send and receive text now thank you
    Do the process over again step by step, slowly. I had the same issue when I first loaded the new service books. Did the process again & everything worked.

do you have to do this for calling and texing only , or is it a direct swap , without doing the interent fix and etc.. bc i only need the text and calling.
    YES. Not sure if it works for your model though... Anyone?
    Last edited by the_infamous; 10-08-09 at 07:59 PM.
    10-08-09 07:52 PM
    when i cleared the service books i had 2 other things on it besides tcp/ip service books on there but i did not know how to take them off so i went on ahead with the process. i think that may be the reason why my browser is not working . can any one help me with this issue. how do you take of the service books if they are left on it
    10-08-09 07:53 PM
    when i cleared the service books i had 2 other things on it besides tcp/ip service books on there but i did not know how to take them off so i went on ahead with the process. i think that may be the reason why my browser is not working . can any one help me with this issue. how do you take of the service books if they are left on it

When you clear service books using the desktop manager, it leaves the Wifi TCP/IP service books on there, and I deleated them manually. Thats why it didnt work, only after I restored the original SBs and redid it was I able to send MMS and get browser workin

KURT6208 post #845
    10-08-09 08:02 PM
    thank you so much the infamous i followed your directions and now i have mms and browser working you are a genius
    10-08-09 09:23 PM
1,439 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD