is incoming mms just hit and miss as far as when you recieve them, they could be 2 minutes late, they could never come at all, etc.. I did everything right browsser works shangmail works, outgoing mms works, but incoming mms is flaky.. Any one experience this, is this normal? Is there any way I can improve this, Also, Google Maps isnt working, it just says locational temporarily unavailable awaiting GPS
    10-04-09 02:17 PM
    Hey everyone. I've been lurking around for sometime and decided to try this today, but I have Mac. Is it possible to get the service books in Mac format? Cause I've tried opening the one OP handed but it won't open..OP, THNX for your work by the way!
    I use mac as well. Instead of figuring it out for mac, I just installed BB desktop in an XP vmware fusion image. Works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 02:46 PM
    Duh...of course that's the way to do it! Ha, I successfully registered on the site. I even put my email accounts on the site while I was waiting for my phone to reboot after a battery pull (:
    How did you do it? I had version 1.0 & it stopped sending any mail. So I did the ota w version 4.5.1. I tried registering on the BB, but when it asks me to bind the accounts it keeps giving me "account information error" prompt. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
    10-04-09 06:31 PM
    Ok this is what I did to be able to send email trhu shangmail, I erased version 1.0, and downloaded over the air trhu wap.shangmail.com version 4.5.1 Now I am anble to send and receive natively, also I changed the signature from "powered by Shangmail" everythime i send a message to "Sent from my Blackberry Smart Phone" Pretty cool. thanks guys. Now I have a fully working 8350i exept for pin messages running on the boost network.
    I tried to PM you but I dont have enough posts yet... Sorry if this seems like a double post.

I was wondering how exactly you registered on shangmail w/ the 4.5.1 version? I have tried to register & it all goes fine until I have to bind the accounts, & then when I enter my info IE: domain name, account name & password it gives me an error message saying "account information error." I had 1.0 installed & it worked for a few days, but as of this past Friday I am only able to receive mail, not send... Any help would be great. Thanks ahead of time.
    10-04-09 06:42 PM
    I have converted over the blackberry all went well but one problem when I go to setup email I only have the enterprise server option and not the internet service option and can't add email address did I do something wrong or how do I get the internet service option back .
    10-04-09 08:59 PM
    I have converted over the blackberry all went well but one problem when I go to setup email I only have the enterprise server option and not the internet service option and can't add email address did I do something wrong or how do I get the internet service option back .
    Have you read any of the posts? You wont have BB email services... You need a third party provider/app for email.
    10-04-09 11:31 PM
    I haven't seen any new updated posts in this section for new Service Books for the 8350i to work on Boost Mobile Network.

Are there any available?

I've seen some postings on Youtube where the guy unlocked everything except the blackberry messaging...he shows two unlocked boostberrys communicating with eachother via text and MMS with a pic attachment and it goes through instantly. (Search Youtube: Phreek3988 ...I cannot post a link cause I'm a newbie here).

Any new SBs or apps would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    10-05-09 02:41 AM
    I haven't seen any new updated posts in this section for new Service Books for the 8350i to work on Boost Mobile Network.

Are there any available?

I've seen some postings on Youtube where the guy unlocked everything except the blackberry messaging...he shows two unlocked boostberrys communicating with eachother via text and MMS with a pic attachment and it goes through instantly. (Search Youtube: Phreek3988 ...I cannot post a link cause I'm a newbie here).

Any new SBs or apps would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Huh? I can do that w/ the service books I have now that were posted on the first page... Do you mean pic attachments in email?
    10-05-09 06:47 AM
    Huh? I can do that w/ the service books I have now that were posted on the first page... Do you mean pic attachments in email?

I installed the service books from this thread numerous times, even sometimes i've thrown battery pulls in there as well, each time with the same result..

I can't recieve MMS reliably without having to cycle my connection in manage connections, off then on again, and then they all come in in bulk.

My IMEI # with boost is fine, it knows im on a blackberry,

MMS is way less reliable then SMS or something isn't right. Im trying updating to the latest OS on here right now.

Also Google Maps isnt working.. Anyone else experiencing these?
    10-05-09 07:56 AM
    I installed the service books from this thread numerous times, even sometimes i've thrown battery pulls in there as well, each time with the same result..

I can't recieve MMS reliably without having to cycle my connection in manage connections, off then on again, and then they all come in in bulk.

My IMEI # with boost is fine, it knows im on a blackberry,

MMS is way less reliable then SMS or something isn't right. Im trying updating to the latest OS on here right now.

Also Google Maps isnt working.. Anyone else experiencing these?

Guess I shouldve done that first, installed new bb OS, everything working 100%, ty uploader
    10-05-09 11:39 AM
    I just would like to thank for the post, everything works great, at the first time i did it, it didnt work so well, but then i deleted everything and did it again and now is great, haven't done the shangmail, maybe latter, cuz i dont think im gonna be using a lot, i cant just logon on my hotmail or gmail and check my mail from there or when i get home... thanks a lot
    10-05-09 01:07 PM
    just forgot to add. im only able to send MMS is that normal, no SMS available?
    10-05-09 01:08 PM
    If you want to log on to Gmail or Hotmail, you can from the browser. You should install Bolt or Opera Mini if you are going to do that. There is a Google Mobile app for Gmail that works great, and downloads your mail to your phone automatically. Lastly, only MMS is available on the 8350i.
    10-05-09 02:00 PM
    I'm not at all that computer Savvy and your directions were XCELLENT and made my BB work perfectly with Boost!!! I was especially frustrated with the lack of text ability..but your helpful tips worked beautifully! Thanks so much for your easy to digest, step-by-step instructions!! I did have to try it twice, due to my own error..but the 2nd (correct) time was the charm! God bless you!!! You've made yet another very happy BoostBerry user!

Jes!
    10-05-09 06:09 PM
    nice this work great on my boostberry
    10-05-09 07:49 PM
    Bump... any ideas? Seems odd that I can't see the MMS but when I forward it I can.
    at least you can recive some of your pictures.......my 8350i wont let me sent or recive mms text or emails....im about ready to sell it.......the phone has been flashed 3 to 4 times with the same results.......one reason is when boost systems ask for a imei number my 8350i started with 01 and boostsystem wont process it unless it starts with 00 so i got 00 number from my old nextel phone and used my boostsimcard to activate my 8350.....but i can recive or send mms text messages.......any ideas on how to get my messages going.......anybody please help
    10-05-09 08:10 PM
    Actually, I cannot even receive any text messages much less any picture messages. I can't send any text messages at all either.

When I try to text it says, "No MMS Service Record, message cannot be sent. You will only be able to Save Draft".
    10-06-09 12:31 AM
    Try it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 06:58 AM
    Actually, I cannot even receive any text messages much less any picture messages. I can't send any text messages at all either.

When I try to text it says, "No MMS Service Record, message cannot be sent. You will only be able to Save Draft".
    I had the same issue. Re-install the service books and you should be good to go. That fixed it for me!
    10-06-09 11:33 AM
    Emaildoc (post #764),

Read my post (#596) in this thread and especially the Update at the bottom of it. Most likely your first SIM card is good. I think I went through the same issues and all that a Boost service rep (not you) had to do is "update the SIM" on their system and I got the "sos" to turn into service bars. You can also ask them to "refresh the phone" from within their system, if the SIM update does not do it. Good luck!
    When I called Boost they tried to walk me thru a bunch of steps to do a reboot but the options they talked about were not on my 8350i. When I said I don't have those options they asked what knid of phone I had and when I said a 8350i, they replied they don't support BB phones.
    10-06-09 02:17 PM
    Okay, here's my situation. I've read the entire thread, but it was weeks ago and I can't remember if it was addressed.

The first device that I owned had issues with the phone, so there were no data services that could be used. Everything was off the Hotspot Browser. I had about 35 apps that ran smoothly through WiFi.

Now, that I am able to use data and the default browser, some of those apps won't open. I have the default browser as hotspot, but they still won't open. When I am denied access, it says that I was attempting to use the default browser.

For the apps that will open, it takes me to the Nextel screen first and I'm using Nextel Online, which I am assuming is the default browser.

So, that's the background for my questions.

1. Is the Nextel logo normal for using the default browser?

2. Isn't WiFi supposed to be the dominant and first source for getting online? Or is it vice versa?

3. If the network data is the dominant and first source, how can I change it back to the way I had it before? I know there are times where I'll need the network, but I'd like to choose those moments.

I've tried editing permissions, but for certain web apps, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I really enjoyed the one touch access of these launchers on WiFi.
    Any solutions for my previously written issue?

Also, are as Boosters able to have multiple calendars? I know that you can get them when adding e-mail accounts to a BB, but do you still get them through Shangmail or 3rd party e-mail apps?

One more, have any of you been able to extend the ring time through Boost? Were they able to get more than three rings for you?
    10-06-09 03:11 PM
    Hi amysharren

i'm in the shangmail's page but i dont know what operation system i have?? can you please help me with that.

thanks
    10-06-09 06:41 PM
    Hi amysharren

i'm in the shangmail's page but i dont know what operation system i have?? can you please help me with that.

thanks
    Do this:>>>>>>Please choose your cell phone brand: Blackberry

Please choose your cell phone model:8300

Please choose the operation system of
    your cell phone:4.2.1
    10-06-09 07:15 PM
    Thanks piloso

can you please tell me how can transfer that information to my bb8350i?

thanks.
    10-06-09 07:56 PM
    Thanks piloso

can you please tell me how can transfer that information to my bb8350i?

thanks.
    Once it's in your pc do this...
    1. right click the file (shangmail) and hit extract all
    2. connect your phone to your pc and open Desktop Manager
    3. hit APPLICATION LOADER
    4. Now find the shangmail file, click it and hit open...and then just keep on clicking next, and then finish.
    10-06-09 08:56 PM
1,439 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD