big problem....i been trying to get my 8350i up and running and now i ran into the problem that my desktop manager isnt reading my pin and continues to display none...and i dont kno why cuz it was working juss a few minutes ago...

i been goin thru **** tryna turn this thing on...i bought the phone off ebay on fri and i purchases an starter kit from a wireless store in dee ghetto....so the only thing i got goin on right now is that i can make and recieve calls but i cant do anything else....a boost rep told me that it can take up to 24 hours for internet to become functional and 72 for text due to the fact that im being "uploaded to the server".....seems like a hot pile of u kno what to me but did that happen to any other boosters?

but anyhow...i followed the instructions in the sticky as well as i could but ran into the problem of not being able to select browser,java script and help in the App loading part of DM....and i thought by downloading what i thought was a new version of DM plus OS would help that but now my pin wont even log in DM like the device isnt connected which it is???

plz help....im in the middle of launching the 8350i out the window if i dont get this thing up n running!!!
    09-27-09 02:05 AM
    @ jayrojo

its not your blackberry. its your computer..... try a different USB port, and do NOT use a hub
    09-27-09 07:24 AM
    I am currently a nextel customer do I need to buy a boost sim card before I can switch my BB to a boostberry? I have the 8350i but I need to know how to start. Do I regidter my phone on boost and use the same sim I have or do I need to buy a boost sim and activate service from there also do I download the necessary info before or after the sim card switch if there ever is a sim switch please help I am dying paying 118.00 per month
    with nextel.
    09-27-09 09:03 AM
    I am currently a nextel customer do I need to buy a boost sim card before I can switch my BB to a boostberry? I have the 8350i but I need to know how to start. Do I regidter my phone on boost and use the same sim I have or do I need to buy a boost sim and activate service from there also do I download the necessary info before or after the sim card switch if there ever is a sim switch please help I am dying paying 118.00 per month
    with nextel.
    You need a Boost SIM card. Get a Boost Mobile starter kit. You can activate the SIM in your 8350i over the automated phone system and use your Blackbery IMEI provided you have removed it from your Nextel account.
    09-27-09 09:29 AM
    thanks for that casper....i un installed and re installed everything, followed the sticky and i finally got my text working but no internet tho...

keeps on sayin its a wi fi service.Please ensure your device has an active wi fi connection and try again...

now i got the 50 bucks unlimited and i dont need to use wi fi to go online to the internet...but it keeps on hittin me wit that error....

any suggestions?
    09-27-09 12:24 PM
    thanks for that casper....i un installed and re installed everything, followed the sticky and i finally got my text working but no internet tho...

keeps on sayin its a wi fi service.Please ensure your device has an active wi fi connection and try again...

now i got the 50 bucks unlimited and i dont need to use wi fi to go online to the internet...but it keeps on hittin me wit that error....

any suggestions?
    Which browser are you trying to use, Blackberry, Opera, or Bolt?
    09-27-09 12:38 PM
    blackberry
    09-27-09 12:48 PM
    blackberry
    Make sure that when you have the browser started, it says "Browser" in the upper left corner instead of "HotSpot Browser". If not, with the browser open, click the BB button, then options, then browser configuration. ClickHotspot Browser, and switch to Browser. Then click the BB button and save.
    09-27-09 01:30 PM
    Just a heads up, if you havent tried the browser "Bolt" give it a try. I downloaded the ota on my bb today and i like it. Its just a tad bit slower than opera mini, but it displays websites alot better than the other browsers. It just has a better web browsing experience imo.
    09-27-09 06:42 PM
    Oh yeah, Nimbuzz works great to!..i tested it wit all my messaging programs, it works for AIM, yahoo, facebook, windows live, myspace, etc..Nice program give it a try also
    09-28-09 01:35 PM
    hello i just recently done this with my blackberry 8350i and it worked , i was very pleased with it, however i ran into a problem not sure what happen but the signal is switched to OFF in the upper right hand cornner. does anyone know how to fix this problem. on my nextel i880 in had to go into setting and advanced options and reset the transmitters to ON. but i cant do this on the blackberry. does anyone know how to restore this function...
    09-28-09 10:03 PM
    Hey guys..so based on all said here I bought my BB. Put the battery in before doing anything and it seemed to automatically hook up to Nextel..got nextel logo etc but of course no service. Took OUT the battery got a Boost Sim card which btw came with its own IMEI which originally I used because it started with 00--unlike the phone which started with 01 which the computer activation didnt like much..so anyway no help with all that..still no service..I called Boost Mobile and they actually put the phones original --01 IMEI onto my account (paid in full)..still no service. And most importantly I dont think Im connected to Boost at all..the screen on power up doesnt say Boost and looks like Nextel..says Nextel..Am I supposed to load those combined books before it will say Boost, or should I have had been able to connect up with boost mobile at least for phonecalls before doing the amy thing with the combined books file..which by the way still is confusing as I dont know how to use the BB DM to get the combined 3 file into the BB..Can anyone be of any help to someone whose never used a BB before? Thanks..K.
    09-28-09 11:12 PM
    hello i just recently done this with my blackberry 8350i and it worked , i was very pleased with it, however i ran into a problem not sure what happen but the signal is switched to OFF in the upper right hand cornner. does anyone know how to fix this problem. on my nextel i880 in had to go into setting and advanced options and reset the transmitters to ON. but i cant do this on the blackberry. does anyone know how to restore this function...
    Find your Manage Connections icon, and click it. See if the Mobile Network box is checked. If not check it, and you should be OK.
    09-29-09 06:49 AM
    Hey guys..so based on all said here I bought my BB. Put the battery in before doing anything and it seemed to automatically hook up to Nextel..got nextel logo etc but of course no service. Took OUT the battery got a Boost Sim card which btw came with its own IMEI which originally I used because it started with 00--unlike the phone which started with 01 which the computer activation didnt like much..so anyway no help with all that..still no service..I called Boost Mobile and they actually put the phones original --01 IMEI onto my account (paid in full)..still no service. And most importantly I dont think Im connected to Boost at all..the screen on power up doesnt say Boost and looks like Nextel..says Nextel..Am I supposed to load those combined books before it will say Boost, or should I have had been able to connect up with boost mobile at least for phonecalls before doing the amy thing with the combined books file..which by the way still is confusing as I dont know how to use the BB DM to get the combined 3 file into the BB..Can anyone be of any help to someone whose never used a BB before? Thanks..K.
    Your phone will not say Boost. Look at the previous post to make sure the mobile network is selected, you should have phone service without doing anything. Setting up the Boostberry is not difficult. Just follow the instructions at the beginning of the thread.
    09-29-09 06:56 AM
    thanks hightrack..but what previous post? I have a feeling the mobile network is NOT on, but I dont know how to check that..can you get more fundamental for me? It would be greatly appreciated. Right now I have a REd SOS upper right corner. thanks.
    09-29-09 07:42 AM
    thanks hightrack..but what previous post? I have a feeling the mobile network is NOT on, but I dont know how to check that..can you get more fundamental for me? It would be greatly appreciated. Right now I have a REd SOS upper right corner. thanks.
    Post #765. The red SOS could mean you are in a very poor service area, or your SIM is inserted improperly (clean off and re-insert), or bad.
    09-29-09 08:05 AM
    U Are Da F*ing Man Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-29-09 12:52 PM
    Is anybody having an issue doing an ota download of shangmail? I deleted it this morning & cant seem to download it again now... What are you putting in opera browser to get to the page? Thanks.
    09-29-09 04:30 PM
    Is anybody having an issue doing an ota download of shangmail? I deleted it this morning & cant seem to download it again now... What are you putting in opera browser to get to the page? Thanks.
    I don't think you can do downloads with opera, go to en.shangmail.com, download it to your pc, extract the file, and use your DM to install it in your phone.
    09-29-09 04:45 PM
    I don't think you can do downloads with opera, go to en.shangmail.com, download it to your pc, extract the file, and use your DM to install it in your phone.
    Thank you very much. Havent used a BB in years since the iPhone was released. Im a little out of touch with the files.

Quick question, will the update posted in the bottom of your post affect the boost service books, or any of the programs that are running now on the 8350 w/ boost service?

THANKS AGAIN
    09-29-09 09:03 PM
    Thanks..the SIM I got was from ebay..I will now order one from boost..if that doesnt work..guess I will need to find one of those guys that will fix my phone for a price..anyone out there who does that?
    09-29-09 11:02 PM
    Thanks..the SIM I got was from ebay..I will now order one from boost..if that doesnt work..guess I will need to find one of those guys that will fix my phone for a price..anyone out there who does that?
    This worked for me... FInd a friend with an a actual Nextel sim that has service, put it in your phone & let it "verify software" & go through all the registering to the actual Nextel network drama. Then go through the directions step by step, dont rush! Then insert your boost sim, got to boost online & change the imei to the nextel BB. Make sure after you click continue on the info update in your account that it displays the correct sim & imei. Take the battery out & leave it out for a minute or so. You should have a working phone after that. Make sure you check your "manage connections" & that the "mobile networks" has a green check in the box next to it. If not then obv highlight it & press your trackball. Good luck.
    09-30-09 06:59 AM
    I sure will try this if the new sim card (already paid for) doesnt work out actually my phone came with a nextel sim that seemed to boot up on its own when the battery was put in and did connect to the nextel network, though I didnt do the whole set up at that time--I thought that was my problem. thanks for the advice. K.
    09-30-09 08:15 AM
    Ok tell me what you think about this..my phone's IMEI starts with an 01 not an 00 and Ive already gotten Boost to reigster it along with the Boost SIM already in the phone--which has not been able to connect up to the network, I dont want to have to hassle with Boost again to put the phone's IMEI in the system--with that in mind, exactly how can I use your work around..
    09-30-09 08:39 AM
    Thank you very much. Havent used a BB in years since the iPhone was released. Im a little out of touch with the files.

Quick question, will the update posted in the bottom of your post affect the boost service books, or any of the programs that are running now on the 8350 w/ boost service?

THANKS AGAIN
    No problem.......no, it does not negatively affect anything. The 8350i latest software version is the 4.6.1.204.
    Do this...press ALT+SHIFT+H...for App Version you should see 4.6.1.204. If it is not that, then use that link to update it.
    09-30-09 10:09 AM
1,439 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD