Here is a guide to the things I had to do to make it work properly. As things change or move, I will try to keep both this thread and Jezghani's World with the most up-to-date information. Also, if you get stuck and you need help, I don't mind helping, but please, please, PLEASE READ all this information before you send me a PM!
    -------------------------------------------
    ALSO BE AWARE:

Sorry ladies and gentlemen, but currently we CANNOT use BLACKBERRY MESSENGER.

WE CANNOT USE PIN MESSAGING.

WE CANNOT SEND ATTACHMENTS VIA EMAIL.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make this work, great, post it, let's make some magic happen. Otherwise, come on guys...

-------------------------------------------

EDIT: *This whole time I was more concerned with writing a how-to that had all the FAQ so everyone had a one-stop shop. I didn't even think to thank the person that actually combined my books with anworm's for us!

So anyways, a big thanks to http://forums.crackberry.com/members/ffdk/ for combing the books and making SO many Boosters happy!*

So there were a couple of things I had to do to start with in order for me to get some of my stuff going the way I wanted them to:

1) I had to copy all of my contacts from my SIM card

a) Click on the “Contacts” Icon

b) Click on the Blackberry menu key; Contacts from SIM card

c) Click on the Blackberry menu key; Copy all to Contacts

2) I had to turn off Smart Dialing (+1) dialing to be able to place calls from my phone book.

a) Click on the Green phone icon key

b) Click on the Blackberry menu key; Options; Smart Dialing

c) Change the country code to “unknown”

Then, you need to get all the correct service books installed so you have full access to everything. You can download them here: http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...-combined3.zip

NOTE: This is a ZIP file. You will have to extract in order to use with BB DM. If you do not know how, read this: How To: Open a Zip file

1) ENABLE SERVICE BOOK COMPLETE BACKUP / OVER WRITE / RESTORE on the Device, like this:

a) On your device, go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books hold Alt and hit {S}{B}{E}{B} let go of alt and it should show a message about how legacy service books are enabled.

2) BACKUP EXISTING SERVICE BOOKS

a) Hook up the phone to the laptop

b) Open Blackberry Desktop Manager -> Backup/Restore -> Advanced

i) On the right side, scroll down to Service Books, then press the <<

ii) Click on Save, and save them some place just in case

3) WRITE NEW SERVICE BOOKS TO DEVICE

a) First, clear your service books by scrolling down on the right side, high light Service Books, then press Clear

b) Check your device now (Options -> Advance Options -> Service Books)

i) If there is anything left besides something that mentions TCP/IP or Browser, delete those also

c) Open BB DM, go to Backup/Restore -> Advanced -> Left Window -> File -> Open -> select the service book file you downloaded, then the >> button to move it over. A pop-up will ask if you want to over-write. Say "Yes."

d) Disconnect phone from Computer.

e) Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> BB Menu key -> Register

f) go to advanced settings -> browser and change the hot spot to browser.

i) Now your browser should be enabled, along with this, you should also be able to send/receive MMS. Now would be an okay time to test this, by sending one to yourself. If you are able to send, but not receive, make sure your phone is updated with the correct IMEI on Boost's "My Account" area and that you have disabled text forwarding. It might also be a good idea to put your SIM in a different phone and make sure your number is receiving texts.

g) If you do not get the browser option restart and try again. You will need to restart with step 1 (holding down alt+sbeb).

Now that you’ve done that, you should also be able to use the BB inbox for email via Shangmail. This is an application that runs in the background and pushes your email to your BB.

1.) Go to Shangmail’s website: Shangmail-Cell phone mailbox, mobile phone e-mail, take with you freely I used the English version but it does go down from time to time. I have heard the Chinese version is more reliable but I do not know this from experience.

2.) From there, you should be able to register, add up to 5 pop3 email accounts, and download the app and install via Desktop Manager.

3.) Once installed, you have to open the application and log in. After that, it should start up instantly and push your email to you instantly.

Now you should have full use of your BoostBerry! Here are a few additional applications I recommend:

1.) Opera Mini (Opera Mini - Download)

a. You do not have to use this for web browsing since you have the native browser working, but there are some sites that load better with Opera and it’s faster.

2.) Google Maps (You will have to download this via the BB Browser OTA. You have the option to do this when you go to google.com with your BB Browser).

a. You now have the Blackberry Maps application installed but certain functions are blocked out because you do not have BIS/BES so this program will help. (EDIT: go into options;service books and delete 5 click ipppp) There are also other GPS programs out there. I have heard good things about AmazeGPS but I haven’t personally tried it.

3.) VyMail (http://www.joekrill.com/vymail/0.8.3...il-0.8.3.5.zip)

a. This is a third-party App for using YouMail. As of right now, you can only download YouMail via the Blackberry Store Application but you won’t be able to use that since you don’t have BIS/BES. I’ve used both and this works just as well.

4.) “Visible Menus Theme” (http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/de...8/#post2119635)

a. A lot of third party pieces of software such as Opera Mini do not support the transparent menus that are utilized in the default them for the 8350. This theme is simply the default theme but with the fix so you don’t have to worry about that anymore.

Now, if you still have the urge to forward your text messages to your email, here is the how-to on that. This is a little more updated than the other one.

1) Go to Sprint.com and where you can sign in, click on “Sign Up.”

2) The rest should be pretty straight forward, just fill out the form. Once you get logged it, it might say “Cannot access your account at this time.” Don’t worry about that, just move on.

3) Go to http://mms.nextel.com/mms and log in with the same information.

4) You will see a red bar that says “Your messages cannot be read. Please try again later.” Do not worry about that, this is made for Sprint customers so you will never be able to read your messages on this page.

5) Click on Preferences, then Forward Messages.

6) At this point, you can choose a place to forward your messages too. This can be any email address, but the most popular is a gmail or msn account b/c you can download the app for the respective email accounts and they poll often enough. Since I downloaded shangmail, I have push email so I just used my favorite email account. I also tested sending it to [email protected]. This comes in as an SMS message which is instant (sometimes shangmail can take up to 15 minutes). However, it does not show who the message is from. If you get it as an email, it will tell you it’s from “your friends number/[email protected]” If you want to reply, you will have to send a message to “your friends number@their service provider.com.” It’s a pain, but it’s better than nothing. Anyway, type in your email address and click “add.” If you want to test different ones to see which comes in faster or how they come in, you can add more than one address.

7) Be sure to check the boxes that say “Enable Forwarding Address” and “Keep a Copy in my Inbox until it expires” and then click “Okay” to save everything.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by amysharren; 07-20-09 at 09:56 PM.
    06-03-09 07:07 PM
    Will this work for the bb 7100i?
    06-06-09 06:43 PM
    8350i only i believe
    06-06-09 07:06 PM
    i have been waiting 4 this 4ever!!! i almost gave my phone up 4 the most recent boost phone that came out. but now im extremely happy with it all!!
    06-06-09 10:59 PM
    This sticky also made me keep this phone. I almost went back to my I880 that I had on Boost (which took forever to get a text message). I sold my Storm to get this phone, so I could have the cheapest cell phone plan with a really good phone (even though Iden is slower).

Thanks,

Apschaps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 12:00 AM
    Its crazy because this fis is going to definatly hurt the i9 sales along with the new boost phone with the keyboard. The blackberry is cheaper can do more and the internet looks better. I say this again thank you amy for letting us have BB phones and they work how they should, now the last hurdle is BB messaging and email with attachments. But I sent a mms today with attachment and it went through in under 1 minute so things are looking good.

06-07-09 10:10 AM
    I have just gotten my 8350i, Is this an app that I need or could use. Trying to find some info on this app.

thanks all
    Robbie
    06-07-09 12:02 PM
    Thanks alot! I was so frustrated yesterday with this phone, but i found this post which helped alot with the MMS. The instructions were so easy.
    06-08-09 10:01 AM
    I tried the service books and they work absolutely great! Now i can sent text and mms fast and unlimited, I was paying $100 a month for the same deal on Nextel, YOU ROCK! thanks MAN!
    06-08-09 06:01 PM
    Will this work for the bb 7100i?
    From what I understand, this will help unlock some stuff on the 7100 but not all of it. I have never touched that phone, so I can't help you too much personally, however, I do know of a complete how-to for some of the other BBs which you can find at HowardForums.com:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - BoostBerry How-To...everything you need to get the native browser and MMS working
    06-08-09 07:36 PM
    I have just gotten my 8350i, Is this an app that I need or could use. Trying to find some info on this app.

thanks all
    Robbie
    By "this app" do you mean the service books I posted here?

If so, read the how-to carefully, follow the directions, and you will be able to have MMS, Native Browser, and Email on the native inbox via Shangmail.

EDIT: I just realized that you're on Sprint/Nextel according to your profile. If that's the case, then you don't need this. This is all geared towards using Boost Mobile.
    Last edited by amysharren; 06-08-09 at 08:30 PM.
    06-08-09 07:38 PM
    Its crazy because this fis is going to definatly hurt the i9 sales along with the new boost phone with the keyboard. The blackberry is cheaper can do more and the internet looks better. I say this again thank you amy for letting us have BB phones and they work how they should, now the last hurdle is BB messaging and email with attachments. But I sent a mms today with attachment and it went through in under 1 minute so things are looking good.

Yeah, the not being able to send attachments or view the ones I receive easily is starting to bug me. You would think after all the progress we've made I could just let it go! But...I can't. I have another set of Nextel SBs that had an email account hooked up on it, but it doesn't seem to have the Attachment Service Books either. I'm hoping that when I find some spare time I might be able to find where someone else posted some SBs for some reason or another that has the attachment service book and we can throw that into the mix!
    06-08-09 07:40 PM
    I Read Ur Post But Im Still Havin Trounle Wit the Sending Messages. After I do the stuff with the service books then it says i have to change from hotspot to browser. How do i do that my phone just says ''Hotspot Browser'' and it wont let me change it Wat Did I Do Wrong?

Thanks By Da Way
    06-08-09 10:22 PM
    I Read Ur Post But Im Still Havin Trounle Wit the Sending Messages. After I do the stuff with the service books then it says i have to change from hotspot to browser. How do i do that my phone just says ''Hotspot Browser'' and it wont let me change it Wat Did I Do Wrong?

Thanks By Da Way
    You probably didn't do one or both of two things:
    1.) Press alt+SBEB...you have to do that every time
    2.) Clear the SBs before you put on the new ones.

Those are the ideas off the top of my head.
    06-08-09 10:43 PM
    thanks for all the work. things is good now,but my Q is:

can you tell me if i can add AIM's SB into the phone now? since i bought the phone i never had the AIM app,but friends on nextel's service did. i was wondering if i can get the SB working on this boostberry NOW?

instango gives me problems. i have it on the phone,but can NEVER login.
    06-08-09 10:51 PM
    With these service books the wifi is not working, Are you having the same problem? mms working good shangmail I receive mail but i cant reply.
    06-08-09 11:54 PM
    With these service books the wifi is not working, Are you having the same problem? mms working good shangmail I receive mail but i cant reply.
    why do you want to connect through wifi? it connects with the wifi turned off, but if you do want to do that, go to options>advance options>Browser>and change browser to hotbrowser.

You should be able to reply, that's odd.
    06-09-09 12:02 AM
    I got it working thanks, I wanted to connect trhu wifi to do the gmail app download, by the way it works great, Can anyone send Emails trhu the bb natively trhu shangmail? please let me know. thanks
    06-09-09 01:00 AM
    cant find or open service book download what am i doing wrong
    06-09-09 06:53 AM
    Ok this is what I did to be able to send email trhu shangmail, I erased version 1.0, and downloaded over the air trhu wap.shangmail.com version 4.5.1 Now I am anble to send and receive natively, also I changed the signature from "powered by Shangmail" everythime i send a message to "Sent from my Blackberry Smart Phone" Pretty cool. thanks guys. Now I have a fully working 8350i exept for pin messages running on the boost network.
    06-09-09 10:56 AM
    Can You use youmail with boost? i tried and the site said Boost isnt compatible with youmail.
    06-09-09 03:04 PM
    Can You use youmail with boost? i tried and the site said Boost isnt compatible with youmail.
    I'm using it, but, my phone number ORIGINALLY was given to me by Nextel, then it went to Tmo, then back to Nextel, then MetroPCS, then Helio. For some reason, when I signed up, it said I had a Nextel number even though I'm on Boost. But my husband's number won't work. I wrote YouMail an email explaining that I am using with Boost and it works great and could they let my husband on also and they wrote back:

Thanks so much for your interest in YouMail! Unfortunately at this time YouMail does not support Boost Mobile. They do not give us the information we need to identify your account for your callers. We do not at this time have a set date when we will be able to support your carrier. However, we are expanding our services over the next few months, so feel free to check back periodically, and that may change. Thanks for your interest in YouMail!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call tech support at (800)374-0013 Mon-Fri 7am-6pm PST. Thanks! Best regards,

---
    EDIT:
    Since they say that "Boost doesn't give us the information we need to blah blah blah your callers," maybe a bunch of us should say something on the Twitter/FB site. From what I understand, they listen to what happens on there. Maybe Boost can make this thing happen.
    Last edited by amysharren; 06-09-09 at 08:34 PM.
    06-09-09 06:01 PM
    Oh My bad thanx. Now Everything works fine.
    06-09-09 07:33 PM
    Ok im confused it wont let me change hotspot browswer to browser what am i doing wrong ?
    06-10-09 02:14 AM
    Did u have to register with the chinese site also or did ur user/pass just work? When u login what does it say for "network"?
    06-10-09 08:15 AM
1,439 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD