It should still read Nextel. If everything is working you should be good. Welcome to the forums.
    [email protected] likes this.
    03-13-11 12:34 AM
    Amazing how relevant this thread is even after all this time. I'm 3 months along in using my Boostberry 8350i. Works great. Had a small problem with Shangmail for a bit, but got it fixed.

Got around the email delivery issues by paying $20 a year to Yahoo to upgrade to a Yahoo plus account which allows Shangmail to pick it up as Popmail and push it.

Pretty happy with the little thing, and I'm down to $45 a month on shrinkage.
    03-29-11 07:31 AM
    My boyfriend and I both have the 8350i and I converted them to Boost last year. He got his phone wet and it wasn't working so I let him put his SIM card in my phone. Since then we haven't been able to get text messages/internet, etc to work. I was going to start the whole process over so I tried to download BB Desktop Manager, but it doesn't look like the same version that I used last time. It says "Blackberry Desktop Software" now and I can't figure out how to add the new Service Books to my phone. The "backup" and "restore" are two different options and there isn't the advanced option that lets you drag over the Service Books. Please help! I'm getting so frustrated with myself that I can't figure this out!!!
    03-29-11 06:41 PM
    I found a thread that had the answer!
    "If you have the new version, the steps are a little differently the same. On your phone - go to options > advanced options > service books. Now in that directory hold down the "alt" key (on the phone) and press S>B>E>B, a message will pop up stating that legacy restore is enabled.
    Now on Desktop Manager on your computer - go to "Device > Delete Data"
    choose "selected data" and scroll down to "service books" check that box and proceed. It will ask for confirmation. After that there should be 2 service books left. They mention tcp/ip and browser. Delete anything else by highlighting over the service book you want to delete, press the blackberry button on your phone, select "delete" and confirm. After that's all done, back on your computer in Desktop manager select device > restore. Choose "selected data" and change the file path to the "combined3" folder. Service books should be the only item listed on the bottom. Check mark it and press ok. Confirm and voila.
    Hope that helps. If you still have issues recieving MMS (you CANNOT sms) text messages, check your boost account under "update handheld" and verify the imei matches your blackberry, if not call them and make them put it in the system. They will give you a song and dance about no tech support and cannot troubleshoot, yada yada. Say yes and ok, and ask them to proceed anyway. Once that's updated, a good battery pull can help. "
    03-29-11 09:23 PM
    Hey I'm new to this, I'm trying to send pics I taken from my BB to my email but it doesn't go thru. Any ideas?
    03-31-11 12:56 PM
    it went down like it was suppose to but you have open the zip file by opening new folder but QUEBORIQEN is right on the the money with his version useing desktop 5.0 ps hope i got the name right new name same flavor no newbie here
    04-27-11 12:24 AM
    it went down like it was suppose to but you have open the zip file by opening new folder QUE BERICAN351 is right on the the money with his version useing desktop 5.0 ps hope i got the name right PLUS just a different name same game no nubbie here
    04-27-11 12:28 AM
    Ive had my 8350i with boost for about two months, and i just notice if iam on a phone call my texts(MMS) doesn't come through. And when i get off the call they come in.
    Is there a way i can have my text come through while iam on a call?? Thanks
    04-28-11 03:59 PM
    Ive had my 8350i with boost for about two months, and i just notice if iam on a phone call my texts(MMS) doesn't come through. And when i get off the call they come in.
    Is there a way i can have my text come through while iam on a call?? Thanks
    No this isn't possible with iden network

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk
    solidsmith likes this.
    04-29-11 09:26 AM
    i have the steps from here and a guide i bought the only problem, is that the zip folder is not working for me i tried it already on both of my computers and it just doesnt work, can someone please help!
    04-29-11 01:25 PM
    ok i got everything working on mine thanks everyone for your help, but i have some issues first is there a way of getting rid of that" Z "charater when sending texts? alo my internet is working but it is extremly slow is there a chance one of my setting might be off ? Thanks everyone
    04-30-11 05:12 PM
    ok i got everything working on mine thanks everyone for your help, but i have some issues first is there a way of getting rid of that" Z "charater when sending texts? alo my internet is working but it is extremly slow is there a chance one of my setting might be off ? Thanks everyone
    The Nextel network is just slow.. you may want to try downloading bolt browser or opera mini. They seem to be a lot quicker than the stock browser.

05-01-11 09:44 AM
    This forum is great! Thank you to all the contributors.

I can't access my voicemail. I get a busy signal when I call from my phone and when I call from another phone, my outgoing message doesn't play, it says "The person you have called is temporarily unavailable." PLEASE HELP!
    05-01-11 08:50 PM
    The Nextel network is just slow.. you may want to try downloading bolt browser or opera mini. They seem to be a lot quicker than the stock browser.

you know anything about the Z character appearing after every text? thank you
    05-01-11 09:41 PM
    This forum is great! Thank you to all the contributors.

I can't access my voicemail. I get a busy signal when I call from my phone and when I call from another phone, my outgoing message doesn't play, it says "The person you have called is temporarily unavailable." PLEASE HELP!
    Sooo... I used the most important link on Crackberry.com and answered my own question... Thanks Casper ;-)
    05-02-11 04:12 PM
    *sigh* NOW... the browser wont work... I get "unable to find the requested server" I deleted all books and reinstalled everything trying to fix my voicemail issue, and now everything works, EXCEPT for the browser.

I tried the most important link... sifting through search results now, if anyone has the fix to this problem, I'd really appreciate the guidance.
    05-02-11 04:55 PM
    i cant get my 8350 on boost what do i need to download on my mac
    05-08-11 10:38 PM
    the shangmail dosnt give me an option for the8350i only for 8300 8310 8320 8330...which should i use? sorry new and not to computer literate
    05-25-11 08:50 AM
    the shangmail dosnt give me an option for the8350i only for 8300 8310 8320 8330...which should i use? sorry new and not to computer literate
    I think your best bet is 8330.. but Shangmail doesn't work like it used to. You may be able to get it running smoothly but I had nothing but issues. I tried every version multiple times and just ended up sticking with Gmail. That was just my experience.
    05-25-11 11:27 PM
    My phone (8350i) with boost keeps restarting itself. Its doing it about 4 or 5 times a day. It just started doing it out of nowhere. Phone has never been dropped or anything. Has this happen to anyone else?
    06-22-11 03:48 PM
    where do i get service books at for my 8350i bb i have a boost sim card i fill like ive searched every where please help !!!
    07-01-11 07:35 PM
    where do i get service books at for my 8350i bb i have a boost sim card i fill like ive searched every where please help !!!
    The link is in the 1st post at the beginning of this thread.
    07-03-11 05:49 PM
    Is anyone else having problems recieving n sending txts?

I am having a huge problem that I don't recieve the txts or the phone says that the txt was sent but the other person doesn't recieve them and sometimes txts come in much later than when they were sent in ares with good connectivity.

I've tried pulling the battery, reinstalled the servicebooks a bunch of times and everything is the same. I have the $50 Unlimited with SHRINKAGE plan.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    07-10-11 09:07 AM
    first post.. Whats upppp...

Yeah i am having problems.. i will reintall the servicebooks

edit:now working
    Last edited by zeroNSR; 07-25-11 at 05:47 PM.
    07-25-11 05:10 PM
    i just tried to download the combine 3 books and the link is blank!!!! does anybody have a new link or updated one!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    07-28-11 11:57 PM
1,439 ... 55565758
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD