i copied this from murderousone!!!! sharing it with all of u that wanna pin message.

Default Boost 8350i BBM Alternative PMID Messenging
    You Can Use Pmessenger On Your BB On Boost Mobile 8350i Now. On your BB browser enter pmessenger.net/bb after the htt stuff

I Been Seeing Alot Of Peeps Like Myself That Want Their Own BBM On The Boost 8350i. PMessenger Does The Same Thing. Gives U A PMID Instead of Blackberrys PIN. I Tested It Out With My IPOD Touch 2G & Was Able 2 Add & Sent Messages To My Blackberry. It Works Fine & Im On The Boost Network. I Also Sent The App To A Friend On Nextel/Sprint Network, Who Also Has The 8350i & It Also Worked. He Sent Me A Request But I Didnt Recieve It. But Wen I Added His PMID It Worked Fine & Added Him. I Messaged Back & Forth Wit No Probs. Sent To A Friend On Boost With The 8350i But Runnign OS 4.6 & It Didnt Go Through. It Kept Saying Pending & He Also Added Me.. Im Wondering If It Actually Does Work With Boost To Boost Though. The Friend I Sent On Nextel Has 5.0 OS & So Do I & Ipod/Iphone Works. Can Anyone On Boost C If This Is Working. So if u wanna try it here's my PMID 402ADBEB...... if anybody knows what the combine files are that would help or if any body has an updated OS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-05-10 01:28 AM
    i just set it up and sent u a request 403a201f. im running boost 8350i, with reflash just a few minutes ago with these books. so we shall see!
    12-07-10 01:09 PM
    hello Amy, well i gots my BB working just can't get the e-mail set up yet, question?? can i upload the combine3 books and then upload the combined 30, also? would it work???? i also have the p-messenger but seems to just say pending, well hope to hear from you soon, thanks again for the help, ur the bomb girl!!!!!!
    12-09-10 01:32 AM
    hello Amy, well i gots my BB working just can't get the e-mail set up yet, question?? can i upload the combine3 books and then upload the combined 30, also? would it work???? i also have the p-messenger but seems to just say pending, well hope to hear from you soon, thanks again for the help, ur the bomb girl!!!!!!
    If I recall, the combined 30 does not work. If you are trying to use the Blackberry email setup, or pin messaging, they do not work on Boost Mobile.

You can use the Gmail app. or one of the other 3rd party mail apps like Logic Mail.
    12-09-10 09:07 AM
    i have the combine 30 and my bb works good, i tried updating my accout on boost so i could update my account and it said it's being used by another user, do i call boost and let them do the update on my account???
    12-09-10 02:51 PM
    i have the combine 30 and my bb works good, i tried updating my accout on boost so i could update my account and it said it's being used by another user, do i call boost and let them do the update on my account???
    I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish.
    12-09-10 05:03 PM
    you know, i just realized i don't either, hahahahaha
    12-10-10 01:49 AM
    i dont get this can someone explain me moore clearly step by step im confused
    12-12-10 02:27 AM
    my mms does sstill not work...i can receive them but i cant send them and idk why?
    12-12-10 10:12 PM
    Facebook version 1.6 is not compatible with OS 5.0. The new version of facebook (1.8) does not work for me either..This was kind of a big deal since I upload a lot of pictures to facebook...lucky I finally got a Social Scope invite
    This is the only problem I am having with my phone right now...No facebook app! Can you (or anyone) tell me how can I get the facebook app working on my phone...thanks!
    01-18-11 10:27 AM
    This is the only problem I am having with my phone right now...No facebook app! Can you (or anyone) tell me how can I get the facebook app working on my phone...thanks!
    The only version that works for BoostBerry with OS 5.0 is v1.6.0.22. If you search through the forums the files are somewhere. This version is VERY limited. You can update your status and pictures but that's about all. You won't be able to view real time status updates, you can see highlights but they usually don't post correctly. Other than being able to update your status and pics, your better off using the mobile site to actually check Facebook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 12:20 PM
    I took my sim card out of my old boostberry 8350i and it is the same type of phone but I am not able to send text messages or receive them. I do not know what I doing some one please help me.
    01-19-11 12:58 PM
    forgot to mention could not register at the host routing table phase as it says message will be sent once data coverage is available.
    How did you make it work? I just copied the Boost Mobile Service Books to my 8350i, but I get that message when I tried to register.

Thanks,

Victor
    01-28-11 11:07 PM
    I see a LOT of the same questions that are answered on the first page of this thread. I do understand that some are having a hard time understanding some things, So i'll try to help out a bit. DM means Desktop Manager - the one on your computer, not your phone.
    If you have the new version, the steps are a little differently the same. On your phone - go to options > advanced options > service books. Now in that directory hold down the "alt" key (on the phone) and press S>B>E>B, a message will pop up stating that legacy restore is enabled.
    Now on Desktop Manager on your computer - go to "Device > Delete Data"
    choose "selected data" and scroll down to "service books" check that box and proceed. It will ask for confirmation. After that there should be 2 service books left. They mention tcp/ip and browser. Delete anything else by highlighting over the service book you want to delete, press the blackberry button on your phone, select "delete" and confirm. After that's all done, back on your computer in Desktop manager select device > restore. Choose "selected data" and change the file path to the "combined3" folder. Service books should be the only item listed on the bottom. Check mark it and press ok. Confirm and voila.
    Hope that helps. If you still have issues recieving MMS (you CANNOT sms) text messages, check your boost account under "update handheld" and verify the imei matches your blackberry, if not call them and make them put it in the system. They will give you a song and dance about no tech support and cannot troubleshoot, yada yada. Say yes and ok, and ask them to proceed anyway. Once that's updated, a good battery pull can help.
    oigres and autobuyer663 like this.
    02-02-11 08:26 PM
    I bought my blackberry 8350i from ebay. I received it today and I have spent 7 hours straight trying to figure out why I can not text. I can scroll down to compose sms message. I can put in who it is going to and my message. I get as far as "sending" it but noone receives my texts. I also cannot receive texts on this phone. I tried to do the host thing with registration and I tried to update the service books. I have taken the battery and powered down the phone. Still nothing. I am so confused. I did download the zip file but I cannot open it. I am on boost mobile unlimited plan. Do I need to be on a different plan? Please help I have a total of 3 of these phones and we need to text....Ugh
    02-07-11 08:49 PM
    I bought my blackberry 8350i from ebay. I received it today and I have spent 7 hours straight trying to figure out why I can not text. I can scroll down to compose sms message. I can put in who it is going to and my message. I get as far as "sending" it but noone receives my texts. I also cannot receive texts on this phone. I tried to do the host thing with registration and I tried to update the service books. I have taken the battery and powered down the phone. Still nothing. I am so confused. I did download the zip file but I cannot open it. I am on boost mobile unlimited plan. Do I need to be on a different plan? Please help I have a total of 3 of these phones and we need to text....Ugh
    You need to go back and re read all the steps and make sure you did ALL of them correctly. You should have the option for MMS, sms does not work with this phone. If you don't have that option then you missed one the steps in the process.

Just go back and look over the guide and see if you missed anything and if you still need help send me a direct message. I have something that will make the process easier. Good Luck
    02-07-11 09:24 PM
    @jaimeBratcher i am confused you said u downloaded the books but cant unzip them..so how did you install the proper books??
    verify this??have you or have you not unzipped the download..because you cannot continue with the rest if you havent..in witch you state you havent..
    02-19-11 11:18 AM
    THANKS EVERYONE...WITH THIS INFO I CAN USE MY BOOSTBERRY NOW
    02-21-11 08:19 PM
    Hello all. Thx for this immensely insightful conversation! I have a boost unlimited account and am seriously considering buying a blackberry 8350i, but I wanted to make sure before I drop the $ that this still works on the regular unlimited plan now that Boost has a Blackberry plan. I am a student, and have the shrinkage plan, so I would rather not switch. Thanks!
    03-01-11 05:19 PM
    hi i have a problem with my bb 8330m i cant get the mms or web to work ive tried all i cud and nothing i only get the 1xev not the 1XEV im pretty shur i installed the services books correctly and every time i provision it says it completed but still no mms
    IPHONECW likes this.
    03-03-11 08:26 PM
    I am new here, but this tutorial is specifically for the 8350i, so it may be that the steps listed here will not all work on the 8330. At least, many people have asked about other models at previous places in this thread and the answer has always been "8350i only". Sorry.
    03-04-11 03:24 PM
    q: Exactly what does deleting the 5 click service book do for the native map? Also ;do you have a link for an ota shangmail download that works on 8350i or at least tell me what version of shagmail actually works?
    03-10-11 06:36 PM

1) ENABLE SERVICE BOOK COMPLETE BACKUP / OVER WRITE / RESTORE on the Device, like this:

a) On your device, go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books hold Alt and hit {S}{B}{E}{B} let go of alt and it should show a message about how legacy service books are enabled.
    I'm having difficulty with this step. I've gone to the Service Books section, held down ALT and hit S B E B and no message comes up. Are the { symbols part of the code too? Or am I doing it wrong some other way? Thanks, sorry for a dumb newbie to BB
    03-10-11 08:54 PM
    I'm having difficulty with this step. I've gone to the Service Books section, held down ALT and hit S B E B and no message comes up. Are the { symbols part of the code too? Or am I doing it wrong some other way? Thanks, sorry for a dumb newbie to BB
    Make sure your holding alt while pressing each letter. If it still doesn't work, I would start over from scratch, do a battery pull and try again.
    03-10-11 09:27 PM
    Hello
    Thank you so much for this. I have followed all your steps and my bb is working beautifully. However, it still shows that my network is Nextel, does anyone else's do this? Should it show Nextel or Boost? Please help.
    03-12-11 09:39 PM
1,439 ... 5455565758
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD