Can someone please tell me what version of BB DS was used for this?
    Thanks!
    08-26-10 12:03 AM
    huhuuuuuu yes siiiiii gracias i ben looking for this i have a page plus plan and it works great un millon de gracias you are like like jesus now for me huuuuuuhuuuu you dont know how i feel rigth now
    08-26-10 12:05 AM
    I recently went from California to Las Vegas and I forgot to turn my phone off while in the plane....Now my MMS and Internet browsers are not working. I tried reinstalling the service books and I have done numerous battery pulls. When I try registering through the host routing table I get the following message "registration message queued. It will be sent once data coverage is available" and when I try to get using the internet browser I get the following message "you are not currently in an area that can handle data communication"....The only thing I can do now is make and receive calls....PLEASE HELP!!
    You get this problem solved? I just came back from out of state and the same thing happened to me. I tried to restore the phone by following the guide to a T but I can't register under "host routing table" because I keep getting a message that the message is queued and it will be sent when data is available.
    08-26-10 07:10 AM
    hey i recently purchased a 8350i. the person i bought the phone from was supposed to flash it with the service books so thati can use it with boost. at first i was able to recieve mms .. now i cannot recieve or send mms although the option for sms/mms is there in the menu it doesnt appear when i highlight some ones name.. also when i try to send a message it says there is no mms record writen.. some one please help. i have been tryin to download the service books but i am having a very hard time gettin the files to open..

Sorry in advanced for the long post
    08-27-10 09:46 AM
    Hi everyone.!!!

I got a new problem w/my Boostberry 8350i . I would like to know if anybody has a clue about this:

Lately i was having problems to receive MMS.. like some people said before, my MMS were taking hours or even DAYS to get to my phone.. i was about to reinstall the service books again like i did before following the steps described at the begining of this topic. But i noticed that there was an UPGRADE of the BDM .. the new version 5.0 , i decided to upgrade my software on my laptop and then sync my phone to the new 5.0.. After i finished all was soo cool.. the OS graphics more friendly etc etc.. i really love the new look BUT..!! i saw that i completely LOST my MMS icon and i got the SMS icon back... so now im just NOT able to send or receive texts messages.. & that is definetely not good for me

-Anybody has an idea about that what can i do to get my MMS icon back ??

-Has this happened to someone else already ??

i aprecciate ANY help .. ANY detail could save my life now ..

Thank you EVERYONE in advace..
    08-27-10 05:39 PM
    I have a bb8350i and I can send/recieve mms texts. I go into my phone book, select sim phone book then I can send texts to anyone in my sim phone book.
    08-28-10 03:16 PM
    Hi everyone.!!!

I got a new problem w/my Boostberry 8350i . I would like to know if anybody has a clue about this:

Lately i was having problems to receive MMS.. like some people said before, my MMS were taking hours or even DAYS to get to my phone.. i was about to reinstall the service books again like i did before following the steps described at the begining of this topic. But i noticed that there was an UPGRADE of the BDM .. the new version 5.0 , i decided to upgrade my software on my laptop and then sync my phone to the new 5.0.. After i finished all was soo cool.. the OS graphics more friendly etc etc.. i really love the new look BUT..!! i saw that i completely LOST my MMS icon and i got the SMS icon back... so now im just NOT able to send or receive texts messages.. & that is definetely not good for me

-Anybody has an idea about that what can i do to get my MMS icon back ??

-Has this happened to someone else already ??

i aprecciate ANY help .. ANY detail could save my life now ..

Thank you EVERYONE in advace..
    Did you reinstall your service books?
    08-28-10 04:34 PM
    That is Exactly the point that i was trying to reach.!
    I Just dont know how to do it.. i dont know the steps to follow to install the service books again on this..

The process is not the same since i have the 5.0 software.
    I checked on my lap and there�s no "Backup/Restore -> Advanced " or at least i cant find them

Here's where i get lost :

---------------------------------------------------
    2) BACKUP EXISTING SERVICE BOOKS

a) Hook up the phone to the laptop

b) Open Blackberry Desktop Manager -> Backup/Restore -> Advanced

i) On the right side, scroll down to Service Books, then press the <<

ii) Click on Save, and save them some place just in case

3) WRITE NEW SERVICE BOOKS TO DEVICE

a) First, clear your service books by scrolling down on the right side, high light Service Books, then press Clear

b) Check your device now (Options -> Advance Options -> Service Books)

i) If there is anything left besides something that mentions TCP/IP or Browser, delete those also

c) Open BB DM, go to Backup/Restore -> Advanced -> Left Window -> File -> Open -> select the service book file you downloaded, then the >> button to move it over. A pop-up will ask if you want to over-write. Say "Yes."

---------------------------------------------

I already download the " combined3 " package.. i already have it on my lap but how do i replace or add those service books to my phone using the new BBDM .. .. if i knew that maybe that would solve my prob..
    08-28-10 05:56 PM
    I just found the path to do it on BBDS 5.0 .. all fixed.. awesome phone
    Thank u everyone for your help on this.. ..
    08-29-10 04:59 AM
    is it possible to send SMS text messages , mine only lets me send MMS messages . someone help !
    08-31-10 11:00 PM
    How i unzip the file so that it goes into the desk manager, im not sure how to extract the file so it becomes available to follow protocol. Thank you
    09-01-10 06:20 AM
    is it possible to send SMS text messages , mine only lets me send MMS messages . someone help !
    You can only send MMS with 8350i..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 07:36 AM
    How do you get the combined code on 5.0 ppplleeeaasssseee hheellpp!!! What are the steps???
    09-03-10 03:52 AM
    o wait.....Im tired ill go 2 sleep. Im so tired i didnt realize wat i wrote....USE 5.0 *****....lol. Im going to sleep...LMAO.
    09-03-10 04:13 AM
    How i unzip the file so that it goes into the desk manager, im not sure how to extract the file so it becomes available to follow protocol. Thank you
    Use Winrar or 7-Zip.

09-03-10 07:29 AM
    I just found the path to do it on BBDS 5.0 .. all fixed.. awesome phone
    Thank u everyone for your help on this.. ..
    SHARE...... please

I have not been able to. I upgraded my BB to the OS 5, downloaded the BB Desktop because my old computer crashed, the BB desktop is version 6 and I could not download the books again with the instructions from version 5!! I had to delete the desktop and download the older version 5 and I am still hoping this may work.

How did you do it?
    09-04-10 03:03 PM
    DONE!!!! I deleted the BB desktop and downloaded the older version and I was able to download the service books.

NOW I'M HAVING PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING FB 1.6.22 INTO MY BOOSTBERRY OS 5
    09-05-10 12:11 PM
    DONE!!!! I deleted the BB desktop and downloaded the older version and I was able to download the service books.

NOW I'M HAVING PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING FB 1.6.22 INTO MY BOOSTBERRY OS 5
    Facebook version 1.6 is not compatible with OS 5.0. The new version of facebook (1.8) does not work for me either..This was kind of a big deal since I upload a lot of pictures to facebook...lucky I finally got a Social Scope invite
    09-05-10 04:21 PM
    Hello All,
    I am having a problem with my 8350i. When someone forwards a message to me I can't view it tells me (Could not retrieve message content. Try again later). Well I have been trying again and again and again with no luck. Anyone have a clue? I have redone all the SB's. Also another question. Would it make any difference to anything if the phone was unlocked?
    Thanks J-
    09-06-10 03:52 PM
    bull1231
    CrackBerry Newbie Join Date: Aug 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,
    I am having a problem with my 8350i. When someone forwards a message to me I can't view it tells me (Could not retrieve message content. Try again later). Well I have been trying again and again and again with no luck. Anyone have a clue? I have redone all the SB's. Also another question. Would it make any difference to anything if the phone was unlocked?
    Thanks J-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had my boost berry for quite awhile over a year now and just recently updated my phone and have still seen the could not retrieve message on forwards or pics its becuz the file size is to large i use the gmail app and just have people text it to my email and get the attachment within minutes
    09-06-10 10:29 PM
    Thanks for reply. Think it's kinda sad that a blackberry has a problem with messages being to large. Seeing how much they cost verse the 70 dollar boost phone I used to have it opened all messages.

09-11-10 04:22 PM
    I got the service books on my bb and wen i try to send ah txt a red x pops up and if i try to send it again a red clock shows up can someone help..... I cant send or recieve mms but i can get calls and place calls
    09-12-10 03:54 AM
    awesome !!!!
    thank u
    veryyy much ...
    lots of love ! <3
    09-17-10 12:33 PM
    Sorry guys I have bailed on you. I switched to the Motorola i1. I sold the 8350i and I love the i1. Good luck guys with the BOOSTBERRY. I will stay in touch.
    09-18-10 08:33 PM
    i cant find the advanced option after i backup/restore on the desktop manager. where is it?
    09-20-10 01:11 AM
1,439 ... 5152535455 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD