Never mind. If you create a separate contact for the direct connects it works.
    03-31-10 07:03 PM
    Usabsa1 grab another app such as GoogleMaps

Brent Thanks for the follow up so we'll know next time someone asks at least one solution
    03-31-10 08:02 PM
    will this work for BB 8330 ??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 03:37 PM
    hello there fellow bb fam. man I am a very, very, new to this world, so I appreciate all and every bit of help!! I have been flashing my nextel bb to work with my boost service and running into a prob... I have been working at this from this site for a couple of days now and I'm having some success but, the mian problem that I'm having is on my device the signal icon that would normally show you how strong or week your conn. is, just says "off" and it seems that no matter what I do or update nothing changes that! Is this a user error? (which I wouldn't be surprised... 8P )or am I just missing something?... i appreciate any and all suggestion
    04-06-10 11:00 PM
    THANK YOU THANK YOU for all this great info!
    04-08-10 05:01 PM
    hello there fellow bb fam. man I am a very, very, new to this world, so I appreciate all and every bit of help!! I have been flashing my nextel bb to work with my boost service and running into a prob... I have been working at this from this site for a couple of days now and I'm having some success but, the mian problem that I'm having is on my device the signal icon that would normally show you how strong or week your conn. is, just says "off" and it seems that no matter what I do or update nothing changes that! Is this a user error? (which I wouldn't be surprised... 8P )or am I just missing something?... i appreciate any and all suggestion
    I am not sure what you have or have not done. But I will tell you from expereince and with the help from the guys on here I have a working Boostberry. With detailed instructions from this forum I did everything and in the end I had to do a complete phone and radio wipe, then I started from the beginning and went to the end. Bingo everything works !!!! Good luck ! Details on how to wipe your phone and radio are listed on this forum.
    04-11-10 12:31 AM
    Hello everyone!! Here I am with the best deal out there $50.00 and a Blackberry trying to figure out all the ins n outs. I will read the whole thing and take it from there.
    04-13-10 01:57 PM
    OK, great info!! THANK YOU!! However I opened an account with gmail, I got the notifications of email received but 4 hours later!! Question?

Will this only work if I am in a WIFI place or anywhere?

If I want to write an email from my BB, can I do it right from contacts or it won't link it to gmail? Meaning, must I go to gmail application to write an email?

Also, correct me if I am wrong, the only way to get Yahoo forwarded to my Gmail is by paying yahoo plus right?

Thanx in advance!
    04-14-10 01:43 PM
    I try that and it's not letting me and also I try to call and talk to a rep and they saying it's not taking it because it's a nextel phone not boost.
    Same problem here and to wait for support is like waiting for the cable company. "You wait there. And we will try to get to your issue sometime...."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 06:39 AM
    its a bit of a late comment but do you have to have the 50 unlimited plan, or is it also possible with the pay as you go plan
    04-19-10 07:12 PM
    I have been using my boostberry 8350i for about a year now... but a strange thing happened the other day and I cannot seem to get it fixed.

It was almost as if the Boost network stopped recognizing the phone. The SIM card works... I have it in another phone now and the phone receives calls fine. The Boostberry just won't receive any calls... won't pick them up at all. I tried reloading the service books, and doing a hard restart on the phone... all of that did not work.

Any ideas on what to do?
    04-20-10 08:26 PM
    i did everything and my phone is saying sos in the area where the signal bars are please help
    04-22-10 10:21 AM
    i did everything and my phone is saying sos in the area where the signal bars are please help
    sos means no signal, have you moved around? do a battery pull.

also goto "manage connections" and confirm mobile network is ON.

good luck
    04-23-10 06:42 PM
    ok did everything but in the left plane it says 23 service books in the right it says 22 please help i want this to work right?
    and i cant get the imei registered with boost it keeps saying invalid and when i call customer care i dont know what option to hit
    please help me ?
    Last edited by mamccrory; 04-24-10 at 07:19 AM. Reason: new issue
    04-23-10 07:15 PM
    I was previously able to send pictures via mms to email.

Now I am unable to do so. I can't even send regular mms to email. Any ideas why?
    04-24-10 01:16 PM
    can anyony tell me if yahoo messenger facebook and myspace apps work and if there is an app for yahoo mail that will work on the 8350 boostberry!
    04-25-10 09:10 PM
    Thanks for the help... I really appreciate the work you put in to give..
    04-26-10 07:13 PM
    You are the bomb! Thank you for bringing my Boostberry back to life. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your info. All the best to you! Sincerely,
    Al C. / Daytona Beach FL
    04-27-10 08:04 AM
    where do i savew the compressed servicebooks to?
    04-27-10 07:22 PM
    where do i savew the compressed servicebooks to?
    Look at the 1st post here, http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/ho...evised-375896/, it explains everything.
    04-27-10 07:52 PM
    nevermind i got it! BTW thanx a million 4 this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-27-10 08:04 PM
    Have done this to 4 phones, works great except on one, I send a text and it shows an X (not sent) any ideas. All the settings seem the same.
    04-28-10 01:48 PM
    can anyony tell me if yahoo messenger facebook and myspace apps work and if there is an app for yahoo mail that will work on the 8350 boostberry!

I know with mini opera you can go to Facebook and I've seen Myspace as well. I use mini opera to check my yahoo emails.

I downloaded Facebook 6.1 because 7.1 won't work and is almost the same. Type facebook 6.1 on your search in these forums because I forgot where I found it.
    04-28-10 07:02 PM
    im having trouble with putting back the service book in the phone. it shows that it has 23 files but on the other screen where it shows how many service books it has it only says 5
    04-28-10 10:51 PM
    im having trouble with putting back the service book in the phone. it shows that it has 23 files but on the other screen where it shows how many service books it has it only says 5
    You have to do this again.

On your device, go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books hold Alt and hit {S}{B}{E}{B} let go of alt and it should show a message about how legacy service books are enabled.

WRITE NEW SERVICE BOOKS TO DEVICE

a) First, clear your service books by scrolling down on the right side, high light Service Books, then press Clear

b) Check your device now (Options -> Advance Options -> Service Books)

i) If there is anything left besides something that mentions TCP/IP or Browser, delete those also

c) Open BB DM, go to Backup/Restore -> Advanced -> Left Window -> File -> Open -> select the service book file you downloaded, then the >> button to move it over. A pop-up will ask if you want to over-write. Say "Yes."

d) Disconnect phone from Computer.

e) Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> BB Menu key -> Register
    04-29-10 07:18 AM
1,439 ... 4849505152 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD