Much respect to the OP for this. It should do some well.

I dumped it. Shangmail is down more the its up. Forwarding emails to a gmail account then waiting for gmail app can take up to 45 minutes. IDEN network is slow. Poor call quality. Slow text. Slow web. I wanted to save a few bucks but I have a business to run and this didnt cut it for me.

CDMA 8330 is on sprint with no roaming. So that didnt give me much room to move as sprints service area is small.

I got a solid plan at T-Mobile and got a BB plan. Good luck with this. Im selling my mint 8350i and im done with boost forever.
    02-02-10 12:53 AM
    i kept lookinmg at this post and kept saying to myself, this isnt gonna work... finally i got pissed off for not being able to txt with my blackberry 7520 from nextel. i did everything it sez to do, except u prolly dont need to put allm ur contacts on ur sim. i repeat this for everyone. THIS WORKS FOR THE BOOSTBERRY 7520!!! but before u do that, go to boostmobile and change ur phone to the imei on the bb. it works totally. but just so u know its no sms. only mms. like it matters anyways thank you very much friend
    02-04-10 09:19 PM
    Hi, a little help. I was trying to update my BB curve 8350i to the new OS, and as it was updating a message popped up saying "An error has occurred while updating your device software. Device communications error encountered.[A:0x0000000F].
    I tried to restore from my back up and the message still comes up. So now, my phone does not turn off, unless I take the battery out. The screen of my phone says Reload Software 507. Any body have an idea as to what happened and how can I get my phone working. Thanks.
    02-05-10 02:32 AM
    Hi, a little help. I was trying to update my BB curve 8350i to the new OS, and as it was updating a message popped up saying "An error has occurred while updating your device software. Device communications error encountered.[A:0x0000000F].
    I tried to restore from my back up and the message still comes up. So now, my phone does not turn off, unless I take the battery out. The screen of my phone says Reload Software 507. Any body have an idea as to what happened and how can I get my phone working. Thanks.
    Try a different usb port on the computer. Maybe even a different usb cable. I have no idea why but I have seen that error many times from dm from many phones. Usually changing to another usb port or another cable catches it again.
    02-05-10 02:24 PM
    Thanks alot life saver....worked first try...Recomend using windows alot easier. Just cant compose a new messsage on;y reply...any ideads??
    02-08-10 07:59 PM
    Now that boost offers the bb service anyone successfully merged any service book to make PIN available to us?
    02-09-10 05:36 PM
    [QUOTE=darkshinobi;4646544]Now that boost offers the bb service anyone successfully merged any service book to make PIN available to us?[/QUOTE

It has been stated many, many times, that there is no way to modify service books so that you can use PIN messaging. BB Messenger runs through RIM's servers and without a Blackberry Data Plan, you can not access RIM's servers.
    02-09-10 06:27 PM
    Hey Frotto, I had the same problem. I followed the post # 677 from Iredline5 and everything works great. I have yet to update to the newest O.S. but everything works fine. Good LUCK, and let me know how it works out.
    Last edited by Preacher824; 02-09-10 at 09:47 PM.
    02-09-10 09:45 PM
    By the way, since I am on here. What is the lastest O.S. out there, that is working ? I am running the v4.6.1.204 (Platform 3.0.0.73) Just wondering. I have noticed when I hook to my computer the B.D.M. wants to upgrade, but I cancel since it is working fine now. Let me know guys. By the way I love my phone and it may just be me but it seems to be working alot faster her lately. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Preacher824; 02-09-10 at 10:17 PM.
    02-09-10 10:14 PM
    By the way, since I am on here. What is the lastest O.S. out there, that is working ? I am running the v4.6.1.204 (Platform 3.0.0.73) Just wondering. I have noticed when I hook to my computer the B.D.M. wants to upgrade, but I cancel since it is working fine now. Let me know guys. By the way I love my phone and it may just be me but it seems to be working alot faster her lately. Thanks guys.
    Right now the latest version is 4.6.1.313 (Platform 3.1.0.31) you can get it from here if you like...BlackBerry - Update your Device Software BUT Read first!: I have tried to update to this version and ended up bricking my phone. Use the update at your own discretion. I am currently thinking of going with what you currently have ( 4.6.1.204 as I am hearing more and more it works well with boosters. I have just heard that the .313 update sucks for boost. I dont exactly know the reasons but like i said use at your own discretion! If the .204 is working for you then personally I would stay.
    02-09-10 10:42 PM
    Is there any way I can downgrade??? For some reason when I updated to the .303 version I cannot send picture messages for the life of me. I tried everything resetting the phone, taking the battery out, and nothing works. any info would help. Thanks
    02-10-10 10:37 PM
    man im having a hard time trying to get my phone to work i cant get passed the sb it says wifi tcpi browser
    and wifi tcpi server
    02-14-10 01:57 AM
    omg, I love you. Nothing else... just i love you.
    02-15-10 03:34 PM
    Ok I did everything you said and All my MMS and Browser works fine. But the only problem I have now is that I am not able to recieve incoming calls, go straight to my voicemail and/or says the service provider is unavailable..Etc..? Why

Is it because of the Service Book Tweaks might stop Voice ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 05:42 PM
    when i connect my phone to my mac i only see back up and a restore button so i dont see the options so i dont know what to do and also i can open the zip file on my mac computer so i dont know what to do i really need help
    02-17-10 09:04 PM
    thanks i followed all the isntructions and now my blackberry works with boostmobile, everything works except for the blackberry maps is there any way to make it work again
    02-18-10 04:28 PM
    thanks i followed all the isntructions and now my blackberry works with boostmobile, everything works except for the blackberry maps is there any way to make it work again
    Yeah, go to options>> advanced>> service books, scroll down to ppp5click and delete it.
    02-18-10 04:53 PM
    I tried downloading the software for the service books to convert the 8350i Nextel to Boost. I cannot download the file, i tried winzip, wouldnt work, i even found the link that you posted about how to extract a file, i downloaded a winzip extractor and still nothing. Thanks for any help
    02-18-10 06:14 PM
    Try WinRar from rarsoft.com
    02-18-10 07:22 PM
    First off I don't have smart dialing! I know I see it in the user manual but when I go to OPTIONS its not in the list. Then when I go forward anyway I get to the point when I am at DM and Backup Advanced and it immediately goes to transferring data with two progress bars but just remains there. That is where I get stuck. What am I doing wrong and why do I not find smart dailing?
    02-21-10 04:41 AM
    You guys are the bestttttttttt i got mine workinnnnn after my other sim card assed out and i got an sos signal....does this happen alot cuz i dont want to keep wasting money on sim cards and changing numbers
    02-24-10 02:04 PM
    First, I've been off here for awhile b/c my home was robbed and my laptop went bye-bye. I hate people.

Second, yes, if you remove your SIM you'll have to do the SBs again b/c it looses the function to send MMS. Not sure why that is, but it happens.
    I have a dumb question. This blackberry 8350i doesn't function like my boost phone (no kidding) . So, I think I did everything right to make it a boostberry and everything seems to work except the texting. How does one text from the blackberry 8350i? My other phones were much simpler. You would choose the contact, create and begin the text message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Terry
    02-25-10 08:58 PM
    Thanks A lot!
    03-03-10 02:37 AM
    This site is the best thing since slice bread seriously!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 01:35 AM
    I just wanted to say thank you so much for posting this!!! I got a blackberry and i needed to turn it into a boostberry, I took it to a local phone store and they charged me $40 to do it, and it had to be done a few times untill it finally worked properly. Now I am able to do it my self. This saves me money and time. Thank You again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-05-10 07:41 PM
1,439 ... 4647484950 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD