sorry to bring this up again. bbm doesn't work on boost correct? if that's the case why i found this on craigslist. Blackberry 8350i - boost flash w/ working messengers
    12-12-09 07:00 PM
    B.I.S is supposed to be making some changes in 2010. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I seen a similar ad on NY CL for 30.00.

Without a plan that gives you direct access to the servers I just dont see how it is possible. Unless the changes that are coming from blackberry can be compromised.
    12-12-09 07:19 PM
    well i talked to the person and he asked me if the phone was connected to nextel before or was it a phone that i purchased on ebay. he said it makes a difference. in my case this phone was my cousins phone who had it with nextel. he said he will get back to me on monday. he said he doesn't uses the combined3 files
    12-12-09 07:21 PM
    IDK brother. At first it seems a little funny. I did a google search and dont see nothing but CL ads. If he can show you a working one with a boost sim then I guess its good.

I used to be able to get the old nextel BB's working for internet. And had a customer that used a 3rd party paid app for text. Also GSM BB's text with no data plan. So I had a feeling this boostberry thing could be done through the service books. I had no idea how though.

Its just that to my understanding the BB's pin get registered to the servers via the carrier to log on. So without a carrier that has server access im not sure how it can be done.

Truth is I dont deal with BB service only BB hardware. Maybe dude has a connection and can rerout it. Dont hurt to talk to him.
    12-12-09 07:57 PM
    Did you auto provision the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for your reply, but nah ,didnt have to ,they failed to mention my new msid# which was diff than my phone #...guess cause its cdma..still lookin for workin programs for mms,e mail or what ever we can get .Talkin to tha pros on here ,so maybe i wont brick my girls boostberry. as of now ,phone an sms working perfectly an 20x faster than iden text. love to get a working browser,ive read about a few but dont know which is ok for boost berry..esp the cdma phones.any help would be sincerely appreciated.
    Billy
    12-12-09 11:10 PM
    When i try to log on to Shangmail�s i get this message on the phone ! Network error! Please check network setting and signal level can some one please help would like to get this working.
    12-13-09 12:15 AM
    When i try to log on to Shangmail�s i get this message on the phone ! Network error! Please check network setting and signal level can some one please help would like to get this working
    12-13-09 12:16 AM
    Thanks for your reply, but nah ,didnt have to ,they failed to mention my new msid# which was diff than my phone #...guess cause its cdma..still lookin for workin programs for mms,e mail or what ever we can get .Talkin to tha pros on here ,so maybe i wont brick my girls boostberry. as of now ,phone an sms working perfectly an 20x faster than iden text. love to get a working browser,ive read about a few but dont know which is ok for boost berry..esp the cdma phones.any help would be sincerely appreciated.
    Billy
    You have to load new service books on the phone using BB Desktop Manager to get the BB Browser working. This will allow you to add other progams OTA. Opera Mini or BoltBrowser can also be loaded to the phone with BBDM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 07:58 AM
    When i try to log on to Shangmail�s i get this message on the phone ! Network error! Please check network setting and signal level can some one please help would like to get this working
    Shangmail servers are back up. I was able to log in and it sync'd all my emails to my BB.
    12-13-09 10:25 AM
    ok , i have an 8330m , boostberry CDMA, i got a message today from boost that my data services are activeand a ppin #.it gave a web address to gototo enter the pin. im thinking since my phone an sms are working fine,,my mms in,should,,but i have no native browser,what i mean is the icon lil planet thingy ,,is gone,is it a shortcut that was deleted? in browser config its empty. i am sure i can reload the os after a data back up,should that restore my icon,reload the native browser? and afterward,which books should i load,if any are needed, mine are empty.it says i have no sb's. i did a hard wipe after i got the sprint phone, and all i had to change was the msid that the boost lady gave me,an wahlahh phone worked with sms,and like i said,i got a msg from boost today saying my data services is activated? how i dunno ,,i didnt ask but maybe thatll make it work natively..the real question is,,how to replace my icon without messing up my boost service,then i will know what i can do with boost data services,and i can find the sb's. i see links on here for two types ,the 8350 iden, and user cdmaster ..has left sum but they were critisized as combine three with a diff name so i dont know which set to get,and where the h*** my browser went an how to get it back ...i hope we can get it figured out,,if load opera,will i have a browser icon then? thanks for any and all replys.
    12-13-09 11:36 PM
    *update** Phone,sms in/out mms in and browser all working!!!!!!!!! just cant figure out what you guys mean about shangmail,will read more. please explain or tell me what page its on in this forum ..how to set up email. i have no clue about how to set up email on this thing. but i made it this far,,there is hope!!!!!!!! thanks for any and all replys....
    billy_mandi
    boostbery 8330m
    12-14-09 06:09 PM
    What you are missing is the fact that the 8330 is not IDEN capable.
    I think i didnt state the question right. I had an iden acct with boost,they ported my iden # to an 8330m an its cdma,,the prob was my msid#. all fixed now. I can verify ,personally,,that phone ,mms in-only..and sms in/out browser,and gps all work fine. now if i can set up e mail..ill be all done ,for now;p
    12-14-09 06:21 PM
    Shangmail servers are back up. I was able to log in and it sync'd all my emails to my BB.
    how do you sync your e mail..im lost..
    12-14-09 06:23 PM
    all they did was take your boost phone number and mad it so when you got the 8830m that you did get a new number.... thats all porting does. i had the option to port my 8350i (on the NEXTEL iden network) to my att iPhone. 2 totally different phones, and networks.
    12-14-09 06:52 PM
    how do you sync your e mail..im lost..
    You have to Download shangmail to your BB. If you want the english version go to Shangmail-Cell phone mailbox, mobile phone e-mail, take with you freely, Register on site,chose to download the program(cell phone model is 8300)and use the DM to add to phone thru PC.

For the Chinese version follow Peryp9 directions:

The Shangmail BIBLE for BOOST users:
    -----------------------------------------------
    If you didn't realize it yet, with the newest 8350i BB Firmware version (.313) you can SEND e-mail attachments using the Shangmail program. I finally have a full working BB on Boost. Also, now I can reply or forward long e-mails... with previous BB firmwares I would get my radio connection reseted and the message would not go through.
    -------
    Here is what you should do to stop the NETWORK ERROR message:
    ---------------------------------------
    Go to Shangmail/ Settings/ Accounts and select "Delete Account"
    -------
    Go to Settings and select "Reset"
    -------
    Do a battery pull, wait 2-5 minutes and reboot BB.
    -------
    Download the Chinese version of Shangmail directly from your phone (OTA) ... posted above, in my previous post (if you don't have it already).
    ------
    Go to Shangmail and select "Register" ... create a new user name and password... Make sure you have selected "CMNET" in the register menu.
    ------
    After you log in, "BIND" your e-mail address to this new account...
    Make sure you did the first step or you will not be able to add the same e-mail address to 2 different Shangmail accounts !!! You will get the "Account exist" error and you would have to log back into previous Shangmail account and then delete from there...
    ------
    If you use a G-MAIL address, you can get all your other e-mails to be forwarded to your BB... Log in from your computer to the G-MAIL account, go to settings and use the POP3 servers to extract e-mails from other accounts...
    You can even get your Yahoo e-mails, if in the Yahoo settings you change your Time Zone to Asia. After you make this change, you will see the POP/Forwarding option activated in the Yahoo settings. From there, get your POP3 server addresses and put them in the G-MAIL Account so you can get the e-mails to your BB.
    -------
    You can also use the "Download" option to get the attachment to your phone from the e-mail received.
    To get the downloaded location of attachments to a convenient folder (on your SD card) go to Shangmail/ Settings/ Configuration go down to Attachment Storage, click BB Menu button and select "Modify"... Go to a folder on your SD Card.
    --------
    To Upload/send attachments with the e-mail, click the BB Menu button and select "Add Attachment" then select the file you want to send.
    Don't select "Attach File" or "Attach Contact" because those options don't work.
    --------
    After months of headaches and research, I managed to get my BB working properly on the Boost Network... Follow this and you won't have any more problems.
    -------
    Here is the Chinese version of the program:

http://www.shangmail.com/mobile4/Shangmail.jad
    Last edited by grantwelch77; 12-14-09 at 09:19 PM.
    12-14-09 09:11 PM
    *update*
    i wanted to say thanks to all who helped me (you know who you are) p spent much time on me and my probs,,an H helped with a thing or too,,but p-so,,thank you .every thing seems working good ,i am greatful to this site and the people who helped me. I will try to do the same for others,,im hooked now. i would like to flash crickets ,just to know how,,lot of ppl here have them. but i think ill stick with berries. i likem ,imma be an addict if i keep it up . to anyone new ,like me, these guys know there stuff. Your at the right place. thanks guys,and thank crackberry. long live !
    12-14-09 11:03 PM
    *update*
    i wanted to say thanks to all who helped me (you know who you are) p spent much time on me and my probs,,an H helped with a thing or too,,but p-so,,thank you .every thing seems working good ,i am greatful to this site and the people who helped me. I will try to do the same for others,,im hooked now. i would like to flash crickets ,just to know how,,lot of ppl here have them. but i think ill stick with berries. i likem ,imma be an addict if i keep it up . to anyone new ,like me, these guys know there stuff. Your at the right place. thanks guys,and thank crackberry. long live !
    So i take it you got shangmail to work? This is a great site with very knowlegdable and helpful people.
    12-14-09 11:11 PM
    Edit for error
    Last edited by kane2021; 12-15-09 at 12:06 AM.
    12-14-09 11:47 PM
    I think i didnt state the question right. I had an iden acct with boost,they ported my iden # to an 8330m an its cdma,,the prob was my msid#. all fixed now. I can verify ,personally,,that phone ,mms in-only..and sms in/out browser,and gps all work fine. now if i can set up e mail..ill be all done ,for now;p
    It sounds like you just had your number transferred to another service provider.
    12-15-09 12:13 AM
    grantwelch--no sir i was going for g mail,,got it 100% operational,,verified attachments work too(1.4 mb picture) just a sec ago.
    An Kane, yes i did from boost to boost ,
    thanks to everyone ,you know who you are. CH
    12-15-09 01:45 AM
    Thanks for the input, I just got 7250 and I seen that you could send mms but never could find out how until I found your thread. Again, thank you for your time to help
    12-15-09 03:56 PM
    Please let us know what happens with this
    12-16-09 11:19 PM
    im having another problem with the texts, sometimes when someone tries to send a pic text it says could not retrieve message content. try again later, i used to be able to click on the retrieve now option to open it but now i cant open them at all
    12-17-09 08:51 PM
    im having the same problem with pics being send to me by text i cant retrv. them please let me know if you can help thanks.
    12-17-09 09:49 PM
    hi there all I have a bb 8350i nextel phone provider is boostmobile the guy that I bought from hooked it up so I can get the texting and broweser . he wants to charge me to redo it because im not getting the browser now he says that I took out the sim card but I did not .. will this help me if do whats said in the top post
    12-18-09 05:14 PM
1,439 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD