when im on opera mini on my phone i press the blackberry button to go to the menu but i can never see the menu, anyone have this same problem
    12-07-09 09:22 PM
    Thank you Very Much. I almost Geeked out, I thought I was going to have to hack my own service books.
    12-07-09 11:36 PM
    when im on opera mini on my phone i press the blackberry button to go to the menu but i can never see the menu, anyone have this same problem
    my understanding is that with the latest Software .313, you do get the drop down menu with Opera...if you are on .204 you need this...http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/de...-menus-194118/
    12-07-09 11:54 PM
    How do we get our personal email setup on our boostberry? I do not want to use gmail. I went to the shangmail site but I didn't see the BB 8350i as a cell phone model.
    12-08-09 11:24 AM
    How do we get our personal email setup on our boostberry? I do not want to use gmail. I went to the shangmail site but I didn't see the BB 8350i as a cell phone model.
    Select the 8300 series.
    12-08-09 11:30 AM
    having problems sending text but no prob recieving them. i can't create a text but i can respond to one ........does that make any since? Please help if you can
    IDEN blackberrys dont have a text or sms option. They send text via mms. Under messages chose compose mms. Let me know if that works
    12-08-09 03:22 PM
    I still cant figure out why I dont have the send option when replying to email. I deleted the desktop cmime service book. Waited and undeleted it. In security/general under services it says desktop unknown.

I choose forward, then I get a send option. But under reply I can only save to drafts?

Am I the only one?
    12-08-09 03:35 PM
    Can someone help me installing msn messenger? For he 7100i, I KNOW HOW TO DO IT, just email me ok?
    12-08-09 04:27 PM
    I'm looking for some help guys/girls. I've bought a used 8350i and inserted a Boost SIM card that I've been using for months in another phone into it but the BB doesn't seem to be recognizing the SIM card and I can't even make a call. I've went through the whole service book procedure, but shouldn't I be able to make a call as soon as I insert the SIM card? What would cause this? Unclear ESN maybe? Anybody have any ideas?
    12-09-09 04:55 PM
    Make sure the SIM is inserted the correct way and fully.
    12-09-09 06:01 PM
    Thanks Grant - I'm pretty sure it's in the right way. I checked it again and I have it the way the internal diagram shows but it's still not recognizing it. If I try to dial a number it says "Insert SIM Card". I'm not sure what's up.
    12-09-09 06:11 PM
    Anybody else have any ideas why my 8350i isn't recognizing my Boost SIM card? I can stick it back in my Nextel i580 and it works fine.
    12-09-09 07:01 PM
    JonnyRingo: I was having the exact same problem today bringing my 8350i online with Boost... then I realized that the 8350i puts the SIM cards in BACKWARDS. The little odd corner on the SIM stays outside the bracket. I fought with the 83501 for an hour and a half... my problem was 110% OPERATOR ERROR!

On that note, THANKS to all for the great work with this. I haven't tested the ShangMail yet, but my MMS texts worked immediatly, and they go through in less than 60 seconds (and we're in almost in the middle of the Everglades!). The web works great too!

Thanks again!
    12-09-09 11:51 PM
    ok, so it looks like I'm into my first (and hopefully last) issue: ShangMail. I've read, and re-read all the posts regarding ShangMail and I am now left with the question of which version, English 1.0 or Chinese 4.5.1 works correctly? I've tried installing the English version which downloads fine, but won't send emails. The Chinese version set up either via DM or OTA continually fails to allow me to 'bind' my email account (an email account through our GoDaddy domain - which means the email account's domain is different than the email server's domain). Which way should I be going with this?
    12-10-09 11:03 AM
    If your blackberry is still not reading the sim card its possible that its a separate blackberry issue if its a used blackberry. I have run into tons of blackberry that wont read sims, or have call failed errors.

JL_cmder it. Full wipe till error 507. Then reinstall the OS with DM. This should also reinstall the radio software.

The blackberry as it is should at the very least read the sim card and give you calls. If its not and you do the full wipe and reinstall then it might be a defective sim slot. These IDEN BB's in my experience have radio problems over time. On the older models I usually get away with a radio update. On the 8350i I think a full wipe and reinstall is your only option.

Also if its used, it might be a corporate used with a IT policy installed that sets limitations for its use. Many corporations disable text functions because email and phone is there preferred means of business communication.
    12-11-09 12:39 PM
    Anyone having issues with shangmail today? It keeps saying network connection error check signal level. Everything else is working. It ran by battery down also.

Battery pull. I deleted it and reinstalled it. I even went as far as to reinstall service books.

Logged onto shangmail told me my aol had permanent error. Reentered info and now says normal. Still nothing.

Anyone else?
    12-11-09 04:24 PM
    newberry here,
    just converted to boost berry,8330 curve,,wouldnt call out.said signal faded.. reset,now i have 1x ev,,but says account inactive when i try to call out. get my v.m. when i call my #. ..i had my # ported from iden,,guess due to an old cdma account i had i was able ..dunno...should i call boost an getem to hit the phone again??? or am i missing a setting? theres 1,068 (69) when im done,,i have read all night. what am i doing wrong? An just for giggles ,, anyone had a palm centreo work on boost yet? I sincerely thank every one who doesnt fuss for asking the same ol questions,,i dont wanna hassle anyone ,,esp boost ill learn the add ons later ,,atm i just want a working phone ..
    12-12-09 06:41 AM
    well im trying
    12-12-09 07:02 AM
    well im trying
    Did you auto provision the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 08:13 AM
    my shangmail keeps saying "Network error! Please check network setting and signal level!" everything else is working but i dont get emails or txt anymore and it sucks cuz i txt like crazy. had my 8350i for about a year. any other push service?
    12-12-09 11:46 AM
    thank you so much! texting is back in business!!!
    12-12-09 02:46 PM
    newberry here,
    just converted to boost berry,8330 curve,,wouldnt call out.said signal faded.. reset,now i have 1x ev,,but says account inactive when i try to call out. get my v.m. when i call my #. ..i had my # ported from iden,,guess due to an old cdma account i had i was able ..dunno...should i call boost an getem to hit the phone again??? or am i missing a setting? theres 1,068 (69) when im done,,i have read all night. what am i doing wrong? An just for giggles ,, anyone had a palm centreo work on boost yet? I sincerely thank every one who doesnt fuss for asking the same ol questions,,i dont wanna hassle anyone ,,esp boost ill learn the add ons later ,,atm i just want a working phone ..
    What you are missing is the fact that the 8330 is not IDEN capable.
    12-12-09 05:08 PM
    my shangmail keeps saying "Network error! Please check network setting and signal level!" everything else is working but i dont get emails or txt anymore and it sucks cuz i txt like crazy. had my 8350i for about a year. any other push service?
    Man, same thing started with me yesterday. The blackberry got stuck in a send and receive loop and killed my battery. I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. I even redid my service books. When I went to the shangmail site it showed a error with my email address. I repaired that and the shangmail site has not gotten any of my emails either. So I dumped it.

I went with gmail. I dont use a gmail address so i had to make one. What I did was use the gmail mail fetcher system to fetch my other pop3 email accounts and send them to my new gmail. Downloaded the Gmail app OTA and im back in business.

Gmail fetches every 2-5 minutes it seems. The gmail app does not have push ability's per say. But it does auto refresh. If you leave it running in the background (dont exit via BB key) it will auto refresh every 20 minutes or so. Its better then having to manually check I guess. It will auto refrsh in the forground every 5 minutes also from what I understand.

I set up gmail to get my other emails and send them from another of my address via google servers. Meaning if you tell google to get your aol email, you can set it up to send as aol. It also keeps a copy on the original providers server so I still get all my email in outlook. So im happy with it because I thought I was stuck. Shangmail running a constant push was draining my battery and clogging up my network flow. It was nice getting my email in the message box on my BB. But for all the trouble it causes its a feature I can live without.

Hope this helps.
    12-12-09 05:22 PM
    If your blackberry is still not reading the sim card its possible that its a separate blackberry issue if its a used blackberry. I have run into tons of blackberry that wont read sims, or have call failed errors.

JL_cmder it. Full wipe till error 507. Then reinstall the OS with DM. This should also reinstall the radio software.

The blackberry as it is should at the very least read the sim card and give you calls. If its not and you do the full wipe and reinstall then it might be a defective sim slot. These IDEN BB's in my experience have radio problems over time. On the older models I usually get away with a radio update. On the 8350i I think a full wipe and reinstall is your only option.

Also if its used, it might be a corporate used with a IT policy installed that sets limitations for its use. Many corporations disable text functions because email and phone is there preferred means of business communication.
    What is JL_cmder- I have a 8350i, and when I click on the network connection for mobile device, the green check mark comes up but then disappears. it wont connect to the network so i get no service or anything. Does anyone know what this issue can be.
    12-12-09 06:01 PM
    enear85

It sounds to me that your blackberry has a bad radio. JL Cmder is a software blackberry utility tool that will remove the OS from the device. Then with desktop manager you will have to reinstall it. Download the latest OS update for the nextel 8350i from blackberry and install it on your computer. This will include the radio software. Hopefully a fresh install of the radio will get you up again.

With the older nextel blackberrys I always have to do this because the radio software wont connect to the network anymore. It will say SOS instead of having bars. Gives you call failed errors.

Google JL Cmder and download it. Connect your blackberry and choose option 4. It only takes a few seconds.

That will give you error 507. That means no operating system.

Then disconnect, close JL Cmder and open desktop manager. And update the OS.

You will lose everything and have to do this tutorial all over. But im guessing you have not got anywhere yet anyway with no signal.
    12-12-09 06:50 PM
1,439 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD