thanks! i have one question. everything works smooth , but the only problem i have is that every time i have to take out the battery for something , when it turns back on, i can no longer use the internet and i have to install the service books all over again.

do u know what i need to do to fix it?
    11-28-09 12:15 PM
    i learned that the best way to fix it is by doing a master radio rest... go to menu , options, then scroll down to security options then click on general settings push the bb menu button , then hit master radio reset: the password is 000000
    11-28-09 12:27 PM
    who is starting rumors about BBM? and btw any updates on the facebook issues?
    11-28-09 01:09 PM
    Does anyone know how to download Beejive beta to the blackberry?
    11-28-09 01:24 PM
    11-28-09 02:38 PM
    one quick question, sometimes when i send messages the other person gets them pretty quick but when they reply (certain people) it takes forever to recieve them, also in my boost account page where it says message level on mine it says minimal message level? anyone know why? anyone got this prob too thanks.
    11-28-09 05:39 PM
    the time the other person gets the text is network related, nothing you can do.

minimal level, is your priority... such as urgent read me now kinda deal.
    11-28-09 11:25 PM
    Hey guys, and Amy,
    You've been great at helping me get get my boosted 8350i up and running, and aside from a battery pull every day or so, I'm still really happy with it.

My question is this, will these service books work on a curve with sprint? My girlfriend has a sero, and I was thinking about getting her a blackberry. She wouldn't need push email or pin messaging, so it would be pretty much the same work arounds.

I saw there was a fix by anworm, but it wasn't carrier specific, and I know personally that Amy's service books work for the browser. So it should work for sprint too, right?

Thanks!
    11-28-09 11:33 PM
    Hey guys, and Amy,
    You've been great at helping me get get my boosted 8350i up and running, and aside from a battery pull every day or so, I'm still really happy with it.

My question is this, will these service books work on a curve with sprint? My girlfriend has a sero, and I was thinking about getting her a blackberry. She wouldn't need push email or pin messaging, so it would be pretty much the same work arounds.

I saw there was a fix by anworm, but it wasn't carrier specific, and I know personally that Amy's service books work for the browser. So it should work for sprint too, right?

Thanks!
    check your pms, I will send you the info.
    11-29-09 12:00 AM
    I'm Not new to the Boost Network but definetly new to the blackberry and proud of my BoostBerry, Thank you Very Much for the Info
    11-29-09 09:49 PM
    hello everyone i just recently bought a boostberry 8350i phone and had it activated a couple days ago...but im having problems on getting my phone to work..nothing i mean nothing is working...i cant make calls i mean it rings but it doesnt go thru, i cant use any IM services, texting doesnt go thru and browser is a no go...now i have done a master reset, downloaded the service books called "8350i_ServiceBooks_v3.ipd", checked my connection to see if it was turned on, and also checked my region code..all is right but the phone doesnt work..top right corner of phone has Nxtl...not NXTL...so can anyone help me out? thanks in advanced

ive tried the service books but the last step in which it says to click register

it says registration message queued

this is frustrating i cant get anything to work
    Last edited by KingTaino; 12-01-09 at 01:26 PM.
    12-01-09 04:18 AM
    MAN, I AM FROM BRAZIL, SINCE I STARTED THE UPDATE I AM THROUGH A VERY HARD CHOICE, OR I SEND E MAIL VIA SEND E MAIL (WITH COMBINED 3) OR I JUST SEND MMS (WOTH SOME OTHER SB I GET HERE). I�d like u guys could help me with this mms/sms stuff.
    12-01-09 08:40 PM
    Have any of you Boosters noticed that you can now send attachments through e-mail via Shangmail? I've sent documents and photos as attachments, and they go through and are delivered just fine! Sometimes I have to send more than once, but it will go through. I've sent 3 attachments on one mail with no problems.

Also, mobile photo uploads through facebook 1.6 is now working on my phone. I don't know what changed or when, but it's working!

I'm on an 8350i on Boost, running .313 update, Shangmail 4.5.1, facebook 1.6.

So another thing to check off the list!
    12-03-09 07:02 AM
    can someone help me out , i tried the US version of shangmail firs tbut now came upon this. so let me get this right, i will be able to get messgaes coming to the main inbox where normal BB messages would go? if so thats great. shangmail updated the new site so its navigation is a lil different than whats posted on the chinese tutorial so i dont know where to go to register, if someone can help that will be great!!! thanks . also what service books allow you to seup email on the BB??? i did the boostberry setup everything works fine except i dont have an option to setup an email account...
    12-03-09 03:46 PM
    You cannot set up email on a "Boosted" device unless you use the shangmail option or use gmail. Native email functionality is struictly reserved for those that have a blackberry plan through Sprint/Nextel as native email is BIS/BES dependant. I would suggest that you reread the first post of this thread carefully on how to set up shangmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 04:14 PM
    You totally rock! Girl, your knowledge of the Nextel conversion to the Boost system is second to none. Keep the info flowing.

Gus
    12-03-09 11:37 PM
    hello everyone i just recently bought a boostberry 8350i phone and had it activated a couple days ago...but im having problems on getting my phone to work..nothing i mean nothing is working...i cant make calls i mean it rings but it doesnt go thru, i cant use any im services, texting doesnt go thru and browser is a no go...now i have done a master reset, downloaded the service books called "8350i_servicebooks_v3.ipd", checked my connection to see if it was turned on, and also checked my region code..all is right but the phone doesnt work..top right corner of phone has nxtl...not nxtl...so can anyone help me out? Thanks in advanced

ive tried the service books but the last step in which it says to click register

it says registration message queued

this is frustrating i cant get anything to work

follow the instructions step by step that is posted at the beginning of the thread & it will work.
    12-03-09 11:40 PM
    THIS WORKS AMAZINGGG. But I got 1 question. Is the unlock instructions for just unlocking in general or just Boost? If in general what phones does it apply to?
    12-04-09 01:15 PM
    I have asked this before but never received a response the question was/is how can I get the instant messeges working?
    12-04-09 02:47 PM
    These instructions only apply to the 8350i.

There is no way to enable the native messenger. It is BIS dependent.

12-04-09 04:11 PM
    had my boostberry for over six months now I'm having problems every day i have to do a battery pull 2 to 3 times to get texting to work and every now n then when on a call and get another one i cant answer it or c who's calling me can any one help thanks
    12-05-09 12:50 PM
    I have asked this before but never received a response the question was/is how can I get the instant messeges working?
    BB Messenger uses RIM servers, but you can use Instango to access other instant messengers. It is free.

12-05-09 01:09 PM
    had my boostberry for over six months now I'm having problems every day i have to do a battery pull 2 to 3 times to get texting to work and every now n then when on a call and get another one i cant answer it or c who's calling me can any one help thanks
    Having similar problems. I am having to battery pull at least once a day. My MMS and Internet just stops working. When I pull battery it starts working again. Anyone have any suggestions.?
    12-05-09 08:47 PM
    Long time reader of the site. Just made a account for the first time. I work on BB's independently. Decided to go with the boostberry instead or unlocking my iphone and paying through the teeth on plans. Everything went smooth. Thanks so much for this.

I have done this twice. First time on the OS that was installed out of the box. Then I updated to the latest OS as of 12/6/09. .426 if im not mistaken. And still smooth as silk.

One thing I have seen both times I have done this is I cant send replys via email. I get a email, go to menu, select reply, type, but I have no send option. Only save to drafts. I can send email. The way I have been replying to email is to create a new email for the original sender.

Its not a huge deal but I like to keep the original messages in each email for reference on both sides. From my understanding this is a SB issue and usually a delete and undelete repairs it. I have not tried that because of what we are doing here.

Like I said I get the reply option, but after that I dont get the send option. Any idea? Is this just one of those things that comes along with being a boostberry? Or is there a option I am not enabling?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again thanks for this. Excellent work.
    12-06-09 03:32 PM
    having problems sending text but no prob recieving them. i can't create a text but i can respond to one ........does that make any since? Please help if you can
    12-07-09 03:46 PM
1,439 ... 4041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD