thanks i have it up and running now.. works great.. woot woot.. love boostberry
    10-19-09 11:40 AM
    I Just Got My Blackberry Curve 8330 From Sprint On Boost Cdma, But I Need The Service Books In Order For My Browser And Mms To Work.i Would Appreciate Any Help. Thanks In Advance!
    10-20-09 12:45 AM
    I Just Got My Blackberry Curve 8330 From Sprint On Boost Cdma, But I Need The Service Books In Order For My Browser And Mms To Work.i Would Appreciate Any Help. Thanks In Advance!
    Sorry boost does not work with the 8330.
    10-20-09 01:24 AM
    The 8330 will work on Boost Mobile. Watch your PM later today. I will send you the information that others have used to make it work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 07:10 AM
    The 8330 will work on Boost Mobile. Watch your PM later today. I will send you the information that others have used to make it work.

Wow!! please do...thanks!

Marv1227 please disregard my reply to you...I am wrong...well that is good news!
    10-20-09 08:25 AM
    let me know too i want to check it out...
    10-20-09 01:40 PM

I searched a little bit and it seems it is still a work in process, I found a thread in this forum check it out...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/833...ioning-332493/
    10-20-09 08:39 PM
    this is my fist time in this website, do you know if it is a way that i can send and receive text messages from my curve 8350i with boost?????
    10-20-09 11:45 PM
    this is my fist time in this website, do you know if it is a way that i can send and receive text messages from my curve 8350i with boost?????

not to be mean or rude but if u read post # 1 and go from there it would help out alot.... i did it and and my fone work great....

to answer the kuestion yes u can BUT its not sms they send the text as mms... just read and the world shall open up to u!
    10-21-09 12:23 AM
    Hi... i have a 8350i i want to unlock it so i can use it in south America (ecuador) would this post help me? will i be able to use Blackberry messenger.. texts and phone calls?? its really all i want it for... can some one help me please!!! THANX!!!!!! :0)
    10-21-09 10:16 AM
    Just to let everyone know, this information is being sold on Ebay for $10.00!?!?! Tell everyone you know not to be duped, when they can get it for free right here. If you are reading this, then you are ahead of the game. Amazing how some people take advantage of others. I flashed my phone using the instructions and phone works great! Thanks to Amy for such an easy to follow how-to.
    Last edited by grantwelch77; 10-22-09 at 08:49 AM.
    10-22-09 08:47 AM
    I get text messages/ picture mail on my 8350i. As most know, Sprint text = MMS. They don't offer SMS. So your text sending/receiving will be in the MMS format. Not sure if it really matters but I started off with one of the cheapest phones boost offers (think it was around $30) and then bought the 8350i a couple months later. After following instructions by Amy (Thanks for the very easy instructions to follow) I went onto Boost's website and registered my phone IMEI to the 8350i's IMEI listed under the battery. Not sure if some people didn't do their's completly or maybe they just need to do a battery pull. You can send and recieve them. Occasionally I'll get a "Message can not be retrieved" but I wait about 5 minutes click the "Retrieve now" and I'll get it. Some pictute mail I get will end up with a red "x" but I found out if I forward those I can see the message just fine before I forward it to someone. The last one has me confused a bit but whatever.... just glad to get what I got! All unlimited for $50/month. Just my $.02 As mentioned earlier... read though the first couple post to try to figure it out on your own... if all else fails, pull the battery out with the phone still on... wait 30 seconds and put it back in.
    10-22-09 11:36 AM
    Some will say that you can't get MMS on Nextel, but I am a witness to the birth of a new breed of cellular usage - UNLIMITED $50/ Month BlackBerry.
    Way to go Chief - You ROCK!!!!!
    Ken in AZ - PHX
    10-23-09 07:56 PM
    how do u do a master reset on the 8350i?? my phone will work good for a week or so but on a random days the phone acts up with text not being able to send out or text not coming in. and it seems like a delay on the text...?? how can this be fixed???
    10-24-09 06:10 PM
    how do u do a master reset on the 8350i?? my phone will work good for a week or so but on a random days the phone acts up with text not being able to send out or text not coming in. and it seems like a delay on the text...?? how can this be fixed???
    Check your device software...press and hold alt+shift+h...for App version you should see 4.6.1.204.

To do a master radio reset>>>Options>Security Option>General Settings>Menu>Master Radio Reset: password is: 0000....go back to Manage connections and check turn on mobile network.
    Last edited by piloso; 10-24-09 at 06:35 PM.
    10-24-09 06:33 PM
    So I followed the direction and have had my boostberry working for about a month now. The only thing I have noticed is that I can not receive picture text. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?
    10-24-09 11:53 PM
    I recently had the mixed fortune to come by an elderly 7100i from an Ebay Boostberry merchant, under the misapprehension that it would be ready for a simple sim swap and that would be that.

Not so!

Having tried several Boostberry tutorials and found them to be worse than useless, I thought it would be helpful to post here the one (ONE!) method which actually works.

Before you begin there are three important considerations:
    1. First, your BB must be iDEN - example, a Nextel BB.
    2. You must download and install BOTH the current version of Blackberry Desktop Manager AND the Blackberry OS applicable to your model on your PC.

(In my case, this was 7100iEFS_PBr4.1.0_rel525_PL2.1.0.46_A4.1.0.376_Nex tel.exe, because I'm using an old 7100i. Select and download the appropriate OS version from the Blackberry website).

If you omit this, several files necessary for smooth function will be missing, so don't try to cut corners. INSTALL BOTH OF THESE BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
    3. You must download and unzip boostservicebook.ipd (Boost Service Books) to an easy-to-locate folder on your hard drive. I have to report that the Crackberry Combined3 .ipd did not work as promised. It didn't work at all.

Use boostservicebook.ipd and you will certainly have the Blackberry browser, NOL browser, a hotspot browser, and perfectly functional messaging.

Now! Here it is: the Boostberry Method That Actually Works!

I believe this one came from Howard Chui. If you know who wrote it, please ask that very sensible person to take credit here for such good work.

#
    Step 1.

Before upgrading your Blackberry, you will need an active Boost Mobile account. To activate a new Boost Mobile account, you will need your SIM card number, your Activation number and your IMEI number. You can find the IMEI number under the battery.

If you already have an activated Boost Mobile phone, then all you have to do is remove the SIM card from the back of your current phone and install it in your new Blackberry. Log into your Boost Mobile account and choose Update Headset. Enter IMEI number of your Blackberry.

Online Activation

Install your Boost Mobile SIM card in your Blackberry. Go to the Boost Mobile Activation Page. Click the activation link for the plan you want. You also have the option to choose a new number or port a current number to your Boost Mobile Account. If you choose to port a number, Boost will check if your number can be ported.

Then you must enter the Activation number, SIM card number, IMEI number and create an account PIN which will give you access to MyAccount online and on your phone. Fill in your personal information including address and email.

Your Boost Mobile phone will be activated within 2 business hours. Once your phone is active, you will get a confirmation email and text message with your phone number.

Phone Activation

Call 1-888-BOOST-**** (1-888-266-7848) Follow the system prompts to enter the Activation number, SIM card number, IMEI number and create an account PIN which will give you access to MyAccount.

Choose your phone number. You will then receive a Confirmation Number that you can use, with your PIN number, to check the status of your activation online. Your Boost Mobile phone will be activated within 2 business hours. Once your phone is active, you will get a text message with your phone number.
    #
    Step 2

Install Blackberry Desktop Manager on your computer.

Install the Blackberry Operating System on your computer.

Connect your Blackberry to your computer with a USB cable.

Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager. [It will take a moment to recognize your BB for the first time. If necessary, unplug and then reattach the USB cable. Second time around the DM will definitely see your BB]

You might be asked to upgrade your Blackberry.

Backup Your Service Books - Choose 'Backup and Restore'. Then choose 'Restore'. Save the backup to your hard drive

Return to the Main Menu.

#
    Step 3

Close all open applications on your Blackberry. Delete the browser by going to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Browser. Press the scroll wheel and choose delete. Confirm the deletion and choose to reboot your phone.

When the phone restarts, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Books. Then hold Alt + {A/S}{A/S}{B/N}{E/R}{B/N} (QWERTY phones: Alt + {S}{B}{E}{B}). A message reading Legacy SB Restore Enabled should appear on your screen.

Plug in your USB cable to your computer and connect your Blackberry.

Choose Backup and Restore. Under the Backup Section, click the Back up button and save the backup to your computer. Click the Back button to return to the Main Menu.

#
    Step 4

Choose Backup and Restore. Under the Advanced Section, click the Advanced button. Once the screen loads, go to the Device Database column. Scroll down to the Service Books entry. Highlight the entry and click the Clear button.

Go to the Computer Database column and click the File button. Choose Open. Browse and select the Boostberry Service Books from your desktop. Highlight the Service Books entry in the Computer Database column. Click the Right Arrows Button [>>] to sync your Blackberry. A window will pop-up asking you if you want to proceed, click Yes. Once the sync completes, scroll down and confirm the Service Books are listed.

After installing the Service Books, click the Back then Main menu button to return to the Main Menu.

Choose Application Loader. Under the Add / Remove Applications section, click the Start button. Scroll down until you see the Browser entry. Check the empty boxes next to the Browser, JavaScript Package and Help and click the Next button. A Summary window will display your choices, and click the Finish button.

Disconnect your Blackberry from the USB cable and remove the battery. Wait 30 seconds and replace the battery. The phone will automatically restart.

#
    Step 5

Finished, You Now Have a Boostberry

You should have Blackberry Browser, NOL Browser, HotSpot Browser and Help icons available. There should be a Compose MMS option in the Messages application.

If you see these icons, you have successfully installed the Service Books. Your phone should now have full MMS text and data capabilities. If you don�t see the icons, go through the process again.

*Additional note:

You may have different luck using a nice new BB, but I found that installing theme packs on my 7100i screwed the pooch, pretty much.

Though the theme packs I chose installed correctly and were able to be activated, the icons for the NOL browser and Hotspot browser disappeared from the home screen. Oh noes! Now I haz a sad!

Switching back to boring old BB Insight, the NOL browser and hotspot browser icons didn't return. Fortunately it was simple enough to return to Step 3 above and get the old beast back to normal function.

Moral of the story: once you have your Boostberry running, back up your data before you make changes via Desktop Manager or OTA installation. Believe me, I do know better, so I felt like a dumbass :0)

Now running: Opera Mini 4, Google Mobile (with Gmail and Google Maps), Walkie-Talkie.. so yes, if you follow the procedure as stated above you will have MMS and data capability.. it's quite fabulous.
    Last edited by aroaro; 10-25-09 at 02:39 AM. Reason: too long
    10-25-09 02:08 AM
    @ AROARO

the boost service books do work, they work for an 8350i, not an 7100 which is what you were trying to load them on. sorry you had bad luck, but they do work
    10-25-09 08:06 AM
    Hi everyone, I am a new bber,I got a bb from ebay 2 mon ago,thanks crackberry,amy and casper34 a lot. I did fallow #1 post intru and now the bb seen working great but one thing.when I receive email via shangmail, it work. But when I sent email,sometime it work but the sender add isn't my hotmail or gmail,it is
    mynumber+myboostmobile.com whatever it was sent via shangmail or reply.most time I sent to myself by bb but I really not received it. Oh, the bb show me email sent sucee.
    Can anyone help me to fix this?
    Thanksssssssssss a lot.
    10-25-09 11:13 AM
    I did not realize this was so. 7100 is ancient.. so are its capabilities and so are its supporting files.

A bit like me
    10-26-09 05:12 AM
    i was wondering if there was a way to get normal text messages on my blackberry with boost services. it cant send or recieve any text but in a wifi area im able to get online which is a plus but im a big texter and its driving me crazy haha! im guessing nobody can text with this phone..
    10-26-09 03:00 PM
    i was wondering if there was a way to get normal text messages on my blackberry with boost services. it cant send or recieve any text but in a wifi area im able to get online which is a plus but im a big texter and its driving me crazy haha! im guessing nobody can text with this phone..
    I'M using an 8350i and my texting works fine. Did you follow the instructions in the howto?

Last edited by hightack; 10-26-09 at 03:55 PM.
    10-26-09 03:53 PM
    I'M using an 8350i and my texting works fine. Did you follow the instructions in the howto?

and you have boost mobile? no im new to blackberry and crackberry.. where do i find these instuctions at?
    10-26-09 04:25 PM
    How do i send and receve text messages? I changed the iden # on my boost mobile account. The problem i'm haveing is on my reloaded boostberry 8350i i only have the option for SMS messing and not MMS so when i go to the message folder on my phone and hit the menu key the only options i get are "retrieve email", "compose email", "compose pin" and "instant message." What do i need to do to get the "compose text message?" Can someone please help me???
    10-26-09 04:53 PM
    How do i send and receve text messages? I changed the iden # on my boost mobile account. The problem i'm haveing is on my reloaded boostberry 8350i i only have the option for SMS messing and not MMS so when i go to the message folder on my phone and hit the menu key the only options i get are "retrieve email", "compose email", "compose pin" and "instant message." What do i need to do to get the "compose text message?" Can someone please help me???
    Did you complete the process in the first post entirely?

Look in Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Book and see what's listed. If there's only a handful of them listed and not 20-something, you probably didn't complete a step. Just do the whole thing over again and you'll probably be up and running.
    10-26-09 05:05 PM
1,439 ... 3435363738 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD