No problem.......no, it does not negatively affect anything. The 8350i latest software version is the 4.6.1.204.
    Do this...press ALT+SHIFT+H...for App Version you should see 4.6.1.204. If it is not that, then use that link to update it.
    I have the newest. Thanks again.

New issue... Does anyone know how to change the setting in google voice so that it doesnt use the country code when it dials out? It uses the +1, & that makes it impossible to use obv because its the same as "smart dialing" & gives you the wrong code voice message when you dial. Thanks.
    09-30-09 10:20 AM
    Ok I just got my blackberry 8350 so can someone point or tell me how to fix this up to use on boost mobile? I know you can get datta by using opra and other therd party stuff
    09-30-09 10:31 AM
    hey, im having a problem with understanding how to use the zip files with my vista.. can u help...( im not that computer smart so if the directions are there, i missed them)
    09-30-09 11:08 AM
    Ok I just got my blackberry 8350 so can someone point or tell me how to fix this up to use on boost mobile? I know you can get datta by using opra and other therd party stuff
    Read and follow the first post in this thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 11:10 AM
    My phone is hit and miss on picture/.gif messaging. Noticed I get the broken red "x" where the picture/.gif image when I receive a message. But when I turn it around and forward it, I can see the picture message before I forward it off. Any ideas? I've got it forwarded now to my email but would like to see the phone take the message. Error code below the "x" reads "Text attachment is missing or invalid"
    Last edited by Sporttrucker; 09-30-09 at 12:38 PM.
    09-30-09 12:13 PM
    i did it and later my battery died and it didnt work so would u have to re do it all the time
    09-30-09 12:41 PM
    hey, im having a problem with understanding how to use the zip files with my vista.. can u help...( im not that computer smart so if the directions are there, i missed them)
    after you download the combined3.zip file do the following, right click it and select extract all files. Then use your desktop manager to install it in your phone.
    09-30-09 01:16 PM
    ok. i got that far.. my gps and facebook works. but the sms and mms wont work. did i do the set up wrong...and by the way thanks for your help. i have waited years to at least have a blackberry and boost
    09-30-09 01:19 PM
    ok. i got that far.. my gps and facebook works. but the sms and mms wont work. did i do the set up wrong...and by the way thanks for your help. i have waited years to at least have a blackberry and boost
    sms it is not an option for 8350i so disregard that, mms is your option, and if you installed the combined books it should work.
    Go to options>Advanced Options>Browser> do you see both options? hotbrowser and browser?
    Last edited by piloso; 09-30-09 at 01:36 PM.
    09-30-09 01:33 PM
    it first i didnt..so i reinstalled everything...it works now..THANKS
    09-30-09 01:56 PM
    I have the telus Mike 8350i from cananda but still could not send text messages do you have any answers?
    09-30-09 02:39 PM
    I can't use my mobile web does anyone else have this problem
    10-01-09 07:59 PM
    I can't use my mobile web does anyone else have this problem
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    10-01-09 08:05 PM
    Okay, here's my situation. I've read the entire thread, but it was weeks ago and I can't remember if it was addressed.

The first device that I owned had issues with the phone, so there were no data services that could be used. Everything was off the Hotspot Browser. I had about 35 apps that ran smoothly through WiFi.

Now, that I am able to use data and the default browser, some of those apps won't open. I have the default browser as hotspot, but they still won't open. When I am denied access, it says that I was attempting to use the default browser.

For the apps that will open, it takes me to the Nextel screen first and I'm using Nextel Online, which I am assuming is the default browser.

So, that's the background for my questions.

1. Is the Nextel logo normal for using the default browser?

2. Isn't WiFi supposed to be the dominant and first source for getting online? Or is it vice versa?

3. If the network data is the dominant and first source, how can I change it back to the way I had it before? I know there are times where I'll need the network, but I'd like to choose those moments.

I've tried editing permissions, but for certain web apps, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I really enjoyed the one touch access of these launchers on WiFi.

Also, are Boosters able to have multiple calendars?
    10-01-09 10:07 PM
    i have a 8350i and im trying to use it with boost i followed every step on the forum and my internet works but i cant send or recieve text can someone help with this issue i repeated the process but still no mms only internet
    10-01-09 10:14 PM
    Hey guys..so based on all said here I bought my BB. Put the battery in before doing anything and it seemed to automatically hook up to Nextel..got nextel logo etc but of course no service. Took OUT the battery got a Boost Sim card which btw came with its own IMEI which originally I used because it started with 00--unlike the phone which started with 01 which the computer activation didnt like much..so anyway no help with all that..still no service..I called Boost Mobile and they actually put the phones original --01 IMEI onto my account (paid in full)..still no service. And most importantly I dont think Im connected to Boost at all..the screen on power up doesnt say Boost and looks like Nextel..says Nextel..Am I supposed to load those combined books before it will say Boost, or should I have had been able to connect up with boost mobile at least for phonecalls before doing the amy thing with the combined books file..which by the way still is confusing as I dont know how to use the BB DM to get the combined 3 file into the BB..Can anyone be of any help to someone whose never used a BB before? Thanks..K.
    Emaildoc (post #764),

Read my post (#596) in this thread and especially the Update at the bottom of it. Most likely your first SIM card is good. I think I went through the same issues and all that a Boost service rep (not you) had to do is "update the SIM" on their system and I got the "sos" to turn into service bars. You can also ask them to "refresh the phone" from within their system, if the SIM update does not do it. Good luck!
    10-01-09 10:31 PM
    Hey,,,thanks for the sticky very helpful...Didnt ever have a problem with doing my other bb..I got a new one and trying again with the service books....Im done everything ....but when i got to host routing table toe register there is nothing there..Please some help me...thanks
    10-02-09 02:12 PM
    Hey,,,thanks for the sticky very helpful...Didnt ever have a problem with doing my other bb..I got a new one and trying again with the service books....Im done everything ....but when i got to host routing table toe register there is nothing there..Please some help me...thanks
    Make sure the sim card is properly installed
    Make sure mobile network is checked on
    Reinstall Service Books
    10-02-09 02:58 PM
    thanks amysharren hi i fix my boostberry 8350i wort 100% Combined3.ipd thanks again
    10-02-09 09:46 PM
    Bump... any ideas? Seems odd that I can't see the MMS but when I forward it I can.

My phone is hit and miss on picture/.gif messaging. Noticed I get the broken red "x" where the picture/.gif image when I receive a message. But when I turn it around and forward it, I can see the picture message before I forward it off. Any ideas? I've got it forwarded now to my email but would like to see the phone take the message. Error code below the "x" reads "Text attachment is missing or invalid"
    10-03-09 12:29 PM
    I have to go to manage connections and turn off nextel and turn it back on and then all my texts come in bulk, other than that internet works fine, outgoing mms works fine, maps does not work gives me error message. any insight on why mms are not pushed to my phone and need to be fetched? this whole 50$ boost bb isnt as simple as it sounded lol
    10-04-09 01:47 AM
    I'm having a couple issues with my boostberry too... I get a "no MMS service record. message cannot be sent" message when trying to send one. I cannot receive any either. I suppose that I should try reinstalling the service books?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jdudeski; 10-04-09 at 08:52 AM.
    10-04-09 07:59 AM
    Do you know if IPD editing can get me anywhere to enable mms and see sender number?
    10-04-09 09:33 AM
    Hey everyone. I've been lurking around for sometime and decided to try this today, but I have Mac. Is it possible to get the service books in Mac format? Cause I've tried opening the one OP handed but it won't open..OP, THNX for your work by the way!
    10-04-09 10:03 AM
    Just curious if anyone else is having problems sending emails? It is so hit or miss that I cant figure out when they are, or arent going through... They are checked & have the "D" like they were delivered, but they never actually are half the time... Any suggestions, or a fix?
    10-04-09 11:51 AM
1,439 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD