After 24 hrs of testing, the battery seems better...but I can't say by that much.
    Has anyone noticed drastic battery increases?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 05:57 PM
    Also i noticed that my BB Messenger takes longer to send, but receives replies extremely quick. The internet does work slightly better, but i'm still bummed that my edge doesn't work well in my lab. Idk i'll give a week.
    02-19-09 05:58 PM
    Very happy with .237 after upgrading from .216
    Memory up from 26meg to approx 38 meg after battery pull. Memory leak has also improved a lot.
    Wifi and 3g browsing also seems a far quicker.
    No problems with any of my apps.
    I use desktop 4.6 to intsall new builds without the problems I experienced with 4.7

02-19-09 06:00 PM
    Just finished the upgrade to the new OS but do not have a VVM icon? Everything else works great and all my applications including 3rd party all transferred during the install. Was the smoothest and fastest for me so far.
    I don't have the VM icon show up either.. How do I fix thsi?

02-19-09 06:04 PM
    Should I use Desktop Manager 4.6 or upgrade to 4.7 for this install? I have the newest version of Docs to Go Premium. I heard that 4.6 will downgrade the app. Anything I should know about 4.7? Have read random issues here.
    02-19-09 06:24 PM
    Should I use Desktop Manager 4.6 or upgrade to 4.7 for this install? I have the newest version of Docs to Go Premium. I heard that 4.6 will downgrade the app. Anything I should know about 4.7? Have read random issues here.
    I've read DM 4.7 is not for Bold.

Use DM 4.6.
    02-19-09 06:26 PM
    just use crackmem or manually delete/change the name of the docs2go file in the os and dm 4.6 won't downgrade the app.

i use dm 4.6 on windows7 for all my os upgrades without a problem
    02-19-09 06:28 PM
    Ok guys...i think youve had enough time, how is the battery life really? Dont just tell me "awsome"...gimmie some times here...and the network conditions under which you got them. Currently im on .234 and My battery may last 12hrs depending on the areas im in, if i stay in an EDGE area constantly (no 3G here) ill get 12-18 hrs of uptime at best, otherwise, if theres a fluctuating signal ill get from 8-12 hrs of uptime.

Hows the time on this beta?
    02-19-09 06:30 PM
    anyone upgrade using windows 7 beta? all of my other upgrades were done on vista. no problems at all. now i have windows 7 beta and my upgrade stops near the end: Task In Progress, Uploading RAM Image. the progress bar never fills all the way up. the first time it stopped it was almost in the middle. and then it did it again. then i uninstalled the blackberry software, reinstalled it, got .237 again, same problem. it was almost to the end, about an inch from it. somebody help. if you know how to fix this, PM me please. thanks in advance.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/do-...ws-7-a-140215/

You should read around ;-)
    Windows 7 is not a good choice yet...
    02-19-09 06:33 PM
    Read the whole thread and may have missed it. I am having an issue with Email notification tones. With .237 I cannot assign separate notification tones for my 3 email addresses. Each time I set one, it sets all of them the same. Anyone else seeing this?
    02-19-09 06:37 PM
    As usual for all the .200 series versions, bluetooth tethering with OS X does not work. It works in all versions from .190 and lower. This version doesn't work either with it.

The radio bars like to bounce up and down quite a bit, and I saw them go to 1 a fair bit, and in 1 or 2 spots on the train saw them go from 5 bars to an immediate 'no service' and then back to bars.

I think for the Rogers network radio modules .125, .162 and .185 were all better.

For speed and battery and stuff, the .200 series are good.

So it's a mixed bag.
    02-19-09 06:41 PM
    As usual for all the .200 series versions, bluetooth tethering with OS X does not work. It works in all versions from .190 and lower. This version doesn't work either with it.
    I posted earlier about OS X tethering.

I've never tried a connection with Bluetooth. USB tethering has worked fine for me.
    02-19-09 06:48 PM
    Mirror links that were sent in are added to the first post
    02-19-09 06:48 PM
    Garz. does Slacker work on this new version?

It is for me
    02-19-09 06:52 PM
    Er...how does one get CrackMem to recognize the new OS? Right now it only sees the last update from my Pearl. Something tells me it would be a bad thing to install an OS from a Verizon Pearl on an AT&T Bold...
    02-19-09 06:52 PM
    Er...how does one get CrackMem to recognize the new OS? Right now it only sees the last update from my Pearl. Something tells me it would be a bad thing to install an OS from a Verizon Pearl on an AT&T Bold...

It would not be a bad thing because it will never load
    02-19-09 06:53 PM
    Well, yes, I rather figured that...just a bit o' mindless humor there. Even so, the question is valid, at least to me.

Disregard. I think I have a handle on it...for now. Thanks.
    Last edited by w_bovine; 02-19-09 at 07:06 PM.
    02-19-09 06:55 PM
    Before installing, use notepad to edit the visual voice mail alx file. Change "required" from true to false. Then when selecting which applications to install, visual voice mail can be un-checked.
    Hi Can the visual voicemail be disabled after installation? Really dont want to go through the entire process again.
    02-19-09 06:56 PM
    SOLID BUILD....Great battery life...and now i want visual voicemail even more since the icon showed up!!!!! Only issue i am having is with the wifi, says it cant find my ip address...
    Last edited by Fmrnyer32; 02-19-09 at 07:03 PM.
    02-19-09 07:01 PM
    I posted earlier about OS X tethering.

I've never tried a connection with Bluetooth. USB tethering has worked fine for me.
    dang I think we were hoping for a bluetooth tethering connection. Guess not sticking to .190
    02-19-09 07:09 PM
    SOLID BUILD....Great battery life...and now i want visual voicemail even more since the icon showed up!!!!! Only issue i am having is with the wifi, says it cant find my ip address...
    battery life is a sh@# house for me. Can't be bothered downgrading OS so i'm just gonna stick with this till i get my first reboot.
    02-19-09 07:25 PM
    battery life is a sh@# house for me. Can't be bothered downgrading OS so i'm just gonna stick with this till i get my first reboot.
    had the same issue with .216
    02-19-09 07:28 PM
    Mine still does.
    Mine does too!!!
    02-19-09 07:45 PM
    After still seeing problems gonna wait and hold at .216, official version and see what AT&T comes up with.
    .221 is the most solid build I've run so far...and, it's an official RIM release too.

I had .237 downloaded and ready to install tonight...but I'm holding off, since the minusses seem to be greater than the plusses so far.
    02-19-09 08:01 PM
    ok just installed a custom theme and there is a homescreen font issue that i hadnt seen before!
    02-19-09 08:06 PM
641 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD