Yah, I have one of the JC Design themes, BOLD Today Plus - BOLD OS 4.6, and I have the same issue. Seems like the font is a little too big now, and there is overlap between the words and the data pane that displays the messages/apps/etc.

I emailed them, but I really don't expect a fix.

Michael
    02-19-09 12:21 PM
    How do I fix the font issue? I have the Bold Cipher SideBar Xtheme and the font was fine before, now the calendar on the some screen is scrunched together. Help please!
    Quoting myself. My theme reverts to the standard theme after each reset.
    02-19-09 12:22 PM
    Yah, I have one of the JC Design themes, BOLD Today Plus - BOLD OS 4.6, and I have the same issue. Seems like the font is a little too big now, and there is overlap between the words and the data pane that displays the messages/apps/etc.

I emailed them, but I really don't expect a fix.

Michael
    Do you have their email address handy??
    02-19-09 12:24 PM
    Alright, so I've been able to reload my most important data (passwords and backberry messenger contacts and basic programs) from my backup...

Now I'll just have to download the programs still missing....man, that was a little too stressful hahaha...oh well....time to check out the new OS
    02-19-09 12:29 PM
    Here is how it used to look:

And now (See how the words are bigger?)

02-19-09 12:30 PM
    Upgraded and everything seems to be working well, signal strength is good as is GPS lock. I have also been noticing that there are some new menu options (such as the Phone (Profiles) section). Not sure if thats new, but I just came from .190 and I don't recall seeing that.
    02-19-09 12:35 PM
    Do you have their email address handy??
    I used the contact link on their website.

Michael
    02-19-09 12:37 PM
    That sucks. Luckily my 3rd party theme is unaltered. But I do see that my GPS isnt working on google maps. With .210 and .216 it used to get the location within a few seconds. And battery life doesnt seem to be improved over .210/.216.
    02-19-09 12:40 PM
    Just upgraded, everything seemed fine until I signed in on windows live messenger and discovered that all my contacts were deleted. Did anyone face this problem beside me?

I went to DM's application loader to check if Windows live was updated or re-installed which doesnt make any sense knowing contacts are irrelevant if either happened, and it said that I have the core application still need to be updated, so I updated but the contacts are still missing :S
    02-19-09 12:43 PM
    Just finished the upgrade to the new OS but do not have a VVM icon? Everything else works great and all my applications including 3rd party all transferred during the install. Was the smoothest and fastest for me so far.
    02-19-09 12:44 PM
    Originally Posted by Savy
    works mac tethering with this version ?

Nope, not for me anyway, downgraded to 167 and checked that it worked there and it did, then updgraded and broke again.
    No problems with Mac tether using .217 - been working perfectly since December.

Haven't had the time to load .237 - will update this post if there's a problem.
    Last edited by taddley; 02-19-09 at 01:03 PM.
    02-19-09 12:51 PM
    I updated from .234 yesterday afternoon, so far its great! after a reboot i was sitting at 49MB been about a day so far and im at 36MB now.. no complaints from me at all..

I did notice a few differences.. in the Phone logs, it now shows all calls in order - say I called Person X at 4:15pm, then Person X called me back at 4:18pm it lists both.. Ive never had this before, usually i would have to click the BB menu button and go to View History to see this..

also, the Blackberry Application Suite seems to be installed, but there is no Icon for it (was this in the Previous builds?!) because Ive never seen it..
    02-19-09 01:17 PM
    I updated last night from 234.

After the battery pull I had 51.8 free memory (I used to get 44)
    After it settles down Im 41.4 (used to be about 35ish)

Battery life - so far its about the same as 234. But will give it more time to get a better average, although I think 185 had the best battery life for me.

Everything else seems to be working just fine. I dont notice a difference with the browser speed like others have. Seems to be the same as 234.
    02-19-09 01:20 PM
    My hotmail stopped working. I've resent service books and logged in to the email setup and saved my preferences again, but no luck. Thoughts?
    02-19-09 01:22 PM

I did notice a few differences.. in the Phone logs, it now shows all calls in order - say I called Person X at 4:15pm, then Person X called me back at 4:18pm it lists both.. Ive never had this before, usually i would have to click the BB menu button and go to View History to see this..
    I dont see this. Mine's still the old way where I have to click on history. I am noticing that a lot of things are different for a lot of people with this OS which I find quite strange. For ex.., font issues (ok depends on theme), browser speed, GPS lock time, call log, battery life...
    02-19-09 01:24 PM
    Cant get slacker to login with this build.Get "login failed a connection with the network cannot be established."
    02-19-09 01:28 PM
    Great Beta! I use to update with the Curve I had, but didn't feel the need for the need for the Bold I have now! More memory, faster response but browsers about the same and I updated from .167. Only updated last night so still checking and battery looks good so far!
    02-19-09 01:30 PM
    Cant get slacker to login with this build.Get "login failed a connection with the network cannot be established."

Slacker works perefectly fine for me, I have full 3G signal. Check if your bars are full and also do a battery pull and try again.
    02-19-09 01:39 PM
    Battery life is awsome on this build.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 01:46 PM
    Hmm I dont know if its a big deal to any of you guys, but I noticed that when you're veiwing the options list and click lets say the letter M it doesnt automatically highlight Memory or MMS, unlike the previous OS's where you can use it to highlight the option you want instead of scrolling.
    02-19-09 01:58 PM
    Quite stable so far, but I haven't had problems with any OS for a while now.
    02-19-09 02:04 PM
    Hmm I dont know if its a big deal to any of you guys, but I noticed that when you're veiwing the options list and click lets say the letter M it doesnt automatically highlight Memory or MMS, unlike the previous OS's where you can use it to highlight the option you want instead of scrolling.
    Mine still does.
    02-19-09 02:04 PM
    much better improvement over .236 faster (might be that I just got a new bold) but hey still I like it.
    02-19-09 02:06 PM
    It works for me
    02-19-09 02:07 PM
    Installing right now. Finally got a chance. I'm so giddy
    02-19-09 02:18 PM
641 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD