I made some themes and want to release these for those who want to use the Bold 9900 until the end or for people living in places where G3 isn't
    ending soon. I'm not sure where to put these, I can't make a BBW vendor account.

I am releasing multiple themes. Here is the first one

Berry 7
    Bold 9900 theme releases-berry7img.png
    Gray theme with maroon and light gray. Transparent panels and extra icons. Tested on sim and phone running hybrid OS. Let me know if
    you have a problem with the theme.
    Berry 7 theme at box.com
    06-30-21 06:34 PM
    I made some themes and want to release these for those who want to use the Bold 9900 until the end or for people living in places where G3 isn't
    ending soon. I'm not sure where to put these, I can't make a BBW vendor account.

Berry 7
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	berry7img.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	302.5 KB 
ID:	450908
    Gray theme with maroon and light gray. Transparent panels and extra icons. Tested on sim and phone running hybrid OS. Let me know if
    Berry 7 theme at box.com
    It’s ending for 9900 everywhere in 7+/- months with BIS EOL shutdown
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-30-21 06:45 PM

Berry 7
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	berry7img.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	302.5 KB 
ID:	450908
    Berry 7 theme at box.com
    Note sure if there is a place that archives BBOS stuff much anymore.... CrackBerry started out with hosting files for sounds and wallpaper... but soon learned that was a legal nightmare, as well as a resource issue.

Shuswap has a site for BBOS devices... but he doesn't keep files on it, just links to them (way back machine in most cases... or BBW). But he might know of a site that's still up and caters to this type of content...

But yeah with BIS/BES getting shutdown in a few months, and the lack of interest by most still using a BlackBerry to dilute it's pureness... not sure if there is much interest in these old themes anymore. Was one of the surprises with BB10... lack of ability to create custom themes. But these days there are so many other apps.... themes don't really work.
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    07-02-21 08:05 AM
    I was kind of confused because I thought even 2 years ago themes were still hosted here. Yes the BB10 situation was odd. I remember people making wall papers to fake themes.
    I am confused are the places that are not loosing g3 not going to be able to operate their phone's because of BIS? I know that BB world is supposed to shut down but that won't kill the phone.
    07-03-21 10:14 PM
    I was kind of confused because I thought even 2 years ago themes were still hosted here. Yes the BB10 situation was odd. I remember people making wall papers to fake themes.
    I am confused are the places that are not loosing g3 not going to be able to operate their phone's because of BIS? I know that BB world is supposed to shut down but that won't kill the phone.
    The 9900 would be essentially useless without BIS/BES. Even if 3g were still available, the 9900 would be unable to do anything requiring data without the BlackBerry servers. Think back to the four day global BIS outage in 2011 and what could not be done at that time.
    07-03-21 11:16 PM
    It won't kill the cellular side of the phone as long as 3G is available, but the phone will lose many of its features.

See The Bold Explorer website for some ways around the loss of BIS...

http://darkstar.x10host.com/nibble/index.html

That article is for the 9900 which had BBOS 7.1, but you can extrapolate for older phones that didn't get that far in the OS. For example, the 9800 was stuck at OS 6.
    07-04-21 10:31 AM
    I made some themes and want to release these for those who want to use the Bold 9900 until the end or for people living in places where 3G isn't ending soon. I'm not sure where to put these, I can't make a BBW vendor account.
    Oh, from the section this is posted, back up and look for the section "More For Your BBOS Phone". In there is the "BlackBerry Themes" section. That's where all the themes are posted and are all still there.
    07-04-21 10:43 AM
    Shuswap has a site for BBOS devices... but he doesn't keep files on it, just links to them (way back machine in most cases... or BBW). But he might know of a site that's still up and caters to this type of content...
    Yeah, file hosting violates the terms of service for my free webhosting. They provide a really great free service, so even though I could probably get away with it, I wouldn't.

The easiest thing to do would be to put the files up on a file storage site (like dropbox, box, Google drive, MEGA, etc.), and share a public link. Then you could post the links here (and anywhere else you liked).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-04-21 10:34 PM
    I do have it hosted on an external site, box.com. So should I just put my releases in the theme section? Does the The Bold Explorer also have a theme section or just apps?
    I didn't have a Blackberry back in 2011 when the outage hit. When I got one latter it was an old second hand one and I did not have BIS/BES because I was running on a sim I had from a burner type phone. Later when I had a better phone I never ran BIS though at&t and stayed prepaid non data plans because I didn't need syncing or email ( Looking back I was digitally immature).
    Now I could use it but I didn't know if at&t will let me use it with any of their prepaid plans.
    07-09-21 07:15 PM
    I do have it hosted on an external site, box.com. So should I just put my releases in the theme section? Does the The Bold Explorer also have a theme section or just apps?
    I didn't have a Blackberry back in 2011 when the outage hit. When I got one latter it was an old second hand one and I did not have BIS/BES because I was running on a sim I had from a burner type phone. Later when I had a better phone I never ran BIS though at&t and stayed prepaid non data plans because I didn't need syncing or email ( Looking back I was digitally immature).
    Now I could use it but I didn't know if at&t will let me use it with any of their prepaid plans.
    I could post links to your themes on The Bold Explorer. Just PM me a list or post them here.
    07-09-21 11:05 PM
    DS7
    Bold 9900 theme releases-ds7img.png
    Red and black cheesy male model theme. Black diamond notification icon and extra icons. Tested on sim and phone running hybrid OS. Has a few contrast issues but most of them were fixed.

DownloadDS7 at box.net

I have 2 many 3 more themes left to post.
    07-10-21 05:23 PM
    The Newspaper
    Bold 9900 theme releases-newsp.png
    Dark minimalist inverted newspaper theme. I wish I had the opportunity to make themes sooner. I discovered a few work arounds some of the theming problems in OS7. I figured out how to have an overlay highlight and I discovered what the today-slot-divider and homescreen_mask_l are.
    You can see what homescreen_mask_l does in the screenshot.

Download news paper at box.net
    07-25-21 05:43 PM