Hi CB form users, my first post

I've been used to using BlackBerries for a while now, but never updated my OS, i just got hold of my new 9900. ( i know its too late)

My Carrier is Etisalat, Running OS 7.0 Bundle 1465 (v7.0.0.296)
    The Latest Available update as per my BlackBerry Desktop software is 7.0 Bundle 2406

Bold 9900 OS help please?-hyvvu7p.png

I really want to update to the Latest 7.1 OS, but i am unsure which OS is the most stable to try out, so i need suggestions, plus, what is this hybrid people speak about? Heard its much more stable, can i have the best Hybrid OS available for my 9900? Can i have step-by-step instructions on how to install these hybrid OS? I've had a hard time understanding the Berrylicio-us tutorials
    07-07-13 09:06 AM
    Hi CB form users, my first post

I've been used to using BlackBerries for a while now, but never updated my OS, i just got hold of my new 9900. ( i know its too late)

My Carrier is Etisalat, Running OS 7.0 Bundle 1465 (v7.0.0.296)
    The Latest Available update as per my BlackBerry Desktop software is 7.0 Bundle 2406

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HYvVU7P.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	179787

I really want to update to the Latest 7.1 OS, but i am unsure which OS is the most stable to try out, so i need suggestions, plus, what is this hybrid people speak about? Heard its much more stable, can i have the best Hybrid OS available for my 9900? Can i have step-by-step instructions on how to install these hybrid OS? I've had a hard time understanding the Berrylicio-us tutorials
    You can't go wrong with official carrier released. Do the evolution!

Hybrids are unofficial OS releases, created by community members, that combine bits of different OS's (even OS from other devices). Those seek to boost the performance of the device past what official releases can. You'd have to do a little research on which is considered the best at this time.

Loading a hybrid is easy though.
    1. Download and install the base OS. That's the official OS that is going to have the radio file and most of the files needed to make your phone work. Keep in mind though, so hybrids skip this step as they are full versions that already bring the base OS along);
    2. Download the hybrid, paste the hybrid files OVER the base OS (extract everything into the same folde);
    3. Make sure you deleted vendor.xml and then run apploader.exe

And that's pretty much all there is to it.

Have a good time!
    MaxPayne619 likes this.
    07-07-13 10:21 AM
    Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate it, i have a few more questions,

I checked the official blackberry website and found out that my carrier has OS 7.1 also (idk why BB Desktop Manager didn't show this)

Bold 9900 OS help please?-ae6m1yn.png

I want a stable OS, does a hybrid offer that?

Should i use the DoCoMo's 912 as base OS or my carrier's 714 as Base OS ?
    07-08-13 02:33 AM
    It may. Each hybrid behaves a tad different from each other.

For the Base OS, always go with official releases. Then extract the hybrid on top of that.

And welcome to the forums!

Posted via CB10
    MaxPayne619 likes this.
    07-08-13 07:01 AM
    It may. Each hybrid behaves a tad different from each other.

For the Base OS, always go with official releases. Then extract the hybrid on top of that.

And welcome to the forums!

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, so i go for my carriers latest update?

can i downgrade to my orignal OS if i upgrade?

BL requires 912 Base OS, so i should install DoCoMo's OS 912 first?
    07-08-13 09:22 AM
    Hmm, so i go for my carriers latest update?

can i downgrade to my orignal OS if i upgrade?

BL requires 912 Base OS, so i should install DoCoMo's OS 912 first?
    DoCoMo .923 has been a very good base OS for me using the BL Hybrids, download, install and delete the Vendor.xml files and your base OS is good to go.

You can downgrade from any OS, just wipe the phone with BBSAK or BBH Tools and install whatever new OS takes your fancy.
    MaxPayne619 likes this.
    07-08-13 09:56 AM
    I am having a bit of issue here, trying to install 712 and i hit a problem

My BB Desktop Manager has no sign of 7.1 OS, just OS 7, i installed the 712 update from BlackBerry Website into my pc, but how do i start the update process of my phone? I deleted vendor files, started up BB desktop manager (keep in mind i had it already before installing the update (on the pc only) ) and now it still shows me 7.0 update only :S

so how do i do this?
    07-08-13 12:30 PM
    Who said you should use Desktop Software for that pal?

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    MaxPayne619 likes this.
    07-08-13 01:13 PM
    Lmao , i was going to use the BBSAK method (wipe device, load OS) thanks for pointing that out! stupid vendor thing made me wonder loader app was just to wipe device!

Thanks (Y), <3 this forum for its support
    diegonei likes this.
    07-08-13 01:29 PM
    heyhey, welcome to the forums...
    Oh you have great device! dont be fooled by those shinny new Z10 and Q10... Legacy devices are the best. and you have what's
    considered to be "one of the best blackberry devices of all time"... anyway.
    Have you installed any hybrid or found out how to do it? there's plenty of threads in here with OS 7.1 hybrids... they are way better than official releases, trust me... you just have to know what you are doing and you can learn a lot. I started using blackberry a month and half ago and thanks to all these threads i know how they work... and i though it was going to be a pain in the neck
    07-09-13 07:47 AM