just wanted to comment on battery life, I use MeterBerry and after installing this OS its the first time ive seen the drain on battery for an hour under 3% its actually sitting at 2.0% per hour right now, seems like it may be a little better as ive been on BBM all day
    12-13-09 01:17 PM
    Going back to .405 here. I have the theme issues that were mentioned in this thread. .405 has been the best on my att 9700 so far in the metro detroit area. Now I just need to find a theme I can stick with for more than 2 days. LOL
    12-13-09 01:33 PM
    Whenever I call someone, I see the correct person's fb picture, but someone else's name. I didn't notice this until I upgraded to .421..or maybe I was just paying more attention after the upgrade. Anyone know how to fix this?
    12-13-09 02:11 PM
    Prove it! how is it better? Is it better because it has the sms convo bug now?(don't even tell me there is a fix this problem shouldn't even be in this build in the first place)
    apps/themes that used to work flawlessly on previous build have problems with this build?
    picture previews quality sucks and when you select a pic you still have to press 1?

So how is it better? what the battery life and signal is better? what's your proof? Stop giving people false info.
    Problems I saw with .405:

- If you have the facebook icon within a folder, the notification on the root folder dosen't disappear after you check facebook
    - no Option to filter main message list
    - older theme controls
    - I also noticed that the signal indicator would go completely nuts and show different information between screens. This only happened occasionally.
    12-13-09 02:18 PM
    I just installed .421 from .415 and installed it the same way with the same apps and lost 3mb in memory. Seems to be the same as .415 are there big differences with this and .415?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dicecube; 12-13-09 at 03:01 PM.
    12-13-09 02:56 PM
    Problems I saw with .405:

- If you have the facebook icon within a folder, the notification on the root folder dosen't disappear after you check facebook
    - no Option to filter main message list
    - older theme controls
    - I also noticed that the signal indicator would go completely nuts and show different information between screens. This only happened occasionally.
    -Facebook is still buggy and everyone knows that. This notification problem is fixed on .421? it sounds to me that it is more of a facebook problem.
    -what do you mean by filter message list? separating sms from email?
    -I would rather have the older theme controls and have all themes work than .421 where 4 themes I tried leaves that ugly trail.
    -This is news I never have this problem and I am sure many have not heard this.

The only problems I heard mainly from .405 is that you don't have the option to separate sms from email which is not true the option is still there to either have it theme controlled, combined, or separate. Also the problem that when mp3 player is playing that it stop when receiving sms text which is also not true because I have tested it numerous times.

It seems like I have heard of more problems in this os than I did with .405. I am not here to start a war I am just trying to help people find the best os for them and give them options if .421 is not working out for them. In conclusion we still need more leaks! all the leaks so far have fixed previous bugs and brought out new bugs. We need official os that finally fixes all the bugs and show us new improvements.
    Last edited by evorc; 12-13-09 at 03:01 PM.
    12-13-09 02:59 PM
    -Facebook is still buggy and everyone knows that. This notification problem is fixed on .421? it sounds to me that it is more of a facebook problem.
    -what do you mean by filter message list? separating sms from email?
    -I would rather have the older theme controls and have all themes work than .421 where 4 themes I tried leaves that ugly trail.
    -This is news I never have this problem and I am sure many have not heard this.

The only problems I heard mainly from .405 is that you don't have the option to separate sms from email which is not true the option is still there to either have it theme controlled, combined, or separate. Also the problem that when mp3 player is playing that it stop when receiving sms text which is also not true because I have tested it numerous times.

It seems like I have heard of more problems in this os than I did with .405. I am not here to start a war I am just trying to help people find the best os for them and give them options if .421 is not working out for them. In conclusion we still need more leaks! all the leaks so far have fixed previous bugs and brought out new bugs. We need official os that finally fixes all the bugs and show us new improvements.
    -Facebook notification issue is fixed in .351, .371, .415, and .421
    -Yes I mean either the "inbox options" or the "message display options". These are present in some builds and not others. If I remember correctly, it's not in .405. Not a big deal to me, but some people really look for this one.
    -Yeah this is something that happened eevery once in a while, most people probably didn't notice. Again, wasn't a big deal it was just cosmetic for me. Seems to be fixed in .415. I think this happened to me because I regularly switch between no signal, EDGE, 3G and UMA within minutes, probably confuses the **** out of the radio.

Yeah I agree that we need more builds. I don't discount the problems people are having with .421 either. I think there are either software settings or even hardware differences that are making some devices work better with .405 vs .415/.421.

The only real difference between .415 and .421 is the radio seems to be a little better, but that's just a subjective view, I have no proof.
    12-13-09 03:08 PM
    I checked the application memory again it has jumped up 5mb even with a few apps running in the background

12-13-09 03:30 PM
    Went back to the stock tmo OS after a hour of use. think i'm done with these leaks for a while. Unless their are some drastic improvements on next one.
    12-13-09 03:35 PM
    421 seems to have a hesitation once in awhile for me. Bigges issue though is with BES I can't get to the body of an apt. Header is all there but I can't get it to scroll to the body.

Going to go back to 415
    12-13-09 03:46 PM
    Confirmed, battery life on .421 is terrible in London, ONTARIO with Rogers. lost about 60% over 20 hours with almost no usage. going back to .351
    12-13-09 04:05 PM
    Confirmed, battery life on .421 is terrible in London, ONTARIO with Rogers. lost about 60% over 20 hours with almost no usage. going back to .351
    Move to the other London in France, it'll solve your battery life problems

12-13-09 04:47 PM
    I would like to make a recommendation to users with Google Sync. Unlike me, you might want to think about logging out of Google Sync on your Blackberry BEFORE running your upgrade. When you log out, your device deletes the information on your device's calendar, but keeps it on the Google Server. Then, after the update, log back in and you're back in business. If you don't, you might end up with double, or even triple entries. Also, if you've connected your Calendar to FB, might want to uncheck this and log out on the device.

Then, after the upgrade, before logging into Google Sync and/or FB, make sure you go to Options >> Advanced Options >> Default Services, and select the right default calendar. Otherwise, when everything starts syncing, it might very well be added to the wrong calendar.
    Thanks, I always logout of those two before updating, since I've run into the double/triple calendar entries in the past. Another tip: you can use Desktop Manager to nuke the Calendar databases so when you sync with Facebook and Google Sync, you don't get double entries after an upgrade.
    12-13-09 05:16 PM
    Maybe it's just me but I was having terrible GPS locks with all previous versions including TMO's oem. With BB maps I could only get 4-5 Sat locks and on a good night maybe 6. With 421 I now get a solid lock of 10 and it's very fast. I'm not sure how many I can lock on to but wow that's a big difference. Before this release I couldn't lock in at all in my house and now I can get 6 solid locks indoors. Surely I'm not the only one with this improvement.
    12-13-09 08:23 PM
    I tried to run application loader, it told me to choose the new one i downloaded, but nothing happened

did i do something wrong?
    12-13-09 08:28 PM
    I have had stock Rogers 5.0.0.321 and upgraded to 5.0.0.421.

these are the issues I have so far:

1. Youtube not working in BB Broswer
    2. Windows Live Messenger crashes

Things that work better:

BB Browser seems faster and certain sites look better and the option to change themes screen is new.

Can anyone help with my issues above?

thanks.
    12-13-09 08:37 PM
    Went back to .330. Everything was great on .421, except for the call quality. After two battery pulls, it still sounded like the person on the other end was talking through a wind storm. Even my wife, sitting inside right next to me, sounded like she was calling me from the Arctic circle. Crazy bad static and muffled sounds.
    12-13-09 11:08 PM
    Slight improvement i think so far from .415 to .421. I have no problems with the new OS, but i had no problems with .415 either. Both work flawless just that maybe what .421 is better at is:

battery improvement (according to meterberry my hour discharge is maybe 2% when it used to be 3-4)

and REBOOT TIME is WAYYY faster than .415. I fully reboot in maybe 2 min max 3.

reboot time improvement is enough to upgrade from .415 to .421
    12-13-09 11:42 PM
    Running .421 for 17hr. So far no problems. Everything works, Battery life is better, as well as browser speed. Facebook and Myspace works faster than before.
    No loss in call quality and no SMS bug. I installed it with the vendor xml. Maybe this will do the trick for some.
    12-14-09 06:23 AM
    right ive never updated a BB os before, is it likely to delete all my apps and emails and stuff?
    12-14-09 10:52 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...rocedure-53359

please have a good read through that procedure, only when you are totally comfortable with it, should you have a go.
    12-14-09 10:55 AM
    I have had stock Rogers 5.0.0.321 and upgraded to 5.0.0.421.

these are the issues I have so far:

1. Youtube not working in BB Broswer
    2. Windows Live Messenger crashes

Things that work better:

BB Browser seems faster and certain sites look better and the option to change themes screen is new.

Can anyone help with my issues above?

thanks.
    youtube works for me

what do you mean by MSN keeps crashing? Specifics. I know there's been an issue with msn for a long time where it signs out for no reason. This is dating back to when I used a Pearl 2 years ago so...
    12-14-09 11:01 AM
    I went back to .405 because .421 has much worse battery life IMHO.
    12-14-09 11:34 AM
    ***DO NOT RUN Opera Mini 5 Beta 2.
    - The only way to access the address bar is with the Enter Key. The trackpad still does not appear to be recognized when clicked. After going to a website, I can only scroll up and down with the trackpad; the buttons I used scroll up and down with no longer work. Also, once I get to a website, I cannot reopen the menu to exit. I had to use BBSAK to kill the process. At least now I can open a webpage whereas with .415, it didn't even like "Enter". Looks like they are 'almost' there. Dunno if it's RIM or Opera that needs to get this working.

***Still getting a certificate error from mobile banking, staying in offline mode.
    Had the same issue. deleted opera mini and reinstalled and issue fixed...
    12-14-09 11:39 AM
    that was relatively easy and painless
    12-14-09 12:13 PM
294 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD