12-24-09 01:19 AM
294 ... 101112
tools
    anyone else having distortion from the earpiece even at low volume?
    yes, i since switched back to .351 because of it and other random things that stopped working and needed a reboot to fix.
    12-17-09 01:34 PM
    they might be tuning these 3g radio stack depending on the operator/carrier its intended for which may result to why we are getting various battery life/ signal strengths
    12-17-09 11:22 PM
    That has to be the most ridiculous statement I have ever read here on CB. You've got to be kidding me....??? Is there some unequivocal force that is preventing you from charging your phone when the battery is at 70%??
    Maybe its an OCD thing
    12-17-09 11:28 PM
    whats the difference between the different firmwares? why should i upgrade from my stock firmware? please some feedback im trying to decide wether to upgrade or not
    As I mentioned in an earlier post, not so long ago OS upgrades were done to get something. Two Summers ago we were upgrading to 4.5s to get video camera and HTML email among other things. More recently people upgraded to get 5.0 and cool things like threaded text messages. But these OS releases for the 9700 don't seem to do much.
    I recently dropped my 9700 in a water tank. I was able to get it dried out and working, but I plan to get an insurance replacement because it will never be the same. While I save up the copay, I can play around with this device a little. So I upgraded to .421 today to see if my thoughts on the subject were accurate.
    I have to say that I found I wasn't far off. I got a few additional mb of file free room. That's it. No changes I can see. Reboot time is the same. Opening web pages, same. Overall performance, same. When my replacement device gets here, I won't be upgrading until an OS comes out that offers something good/new. So my advice is there doesn't seem to be any reason to upgrade at this time.
    That said, I understand the excitement of doing an upgrade. Playing with fire and the relief when it comes back without an error, and getting to set everything up again. For those people - have fun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 12-18-09 at 07:22 AM.
    12-18-09 12:20 AM
    I applied a browser fix in order to download large files. That seemed to work just fine however it broke MMS. It would not download pics and when sending a MMS it would fail as well. After a wipe and rebuild MMS is working fine but I have not re-applied the browser fix.

12-18-09 10:11 AM
    After using .421 for a few days, I have decided to go back to .405 because that was the most stable version, and now official by AT&T. It makes perfect sense why they made it official since it worked flawlessly on my AT&T 9700.

.421 caused java errors with BBM, especially with .53, .54., .55, and .56. The best BBM version for me has been .33 and it works flawlessly with .421 but I do miss the image previews and other fixes mentioned.

Based on CX comments about .423, I will wait for that build to leak/released by a carrier and see if that brings anything new to the device.
    12-18-09 10:39 AM
    Couple of questions:

1. Has the SMS ALT+DEL bug been fixed?
    2. Sometimes when viewing a conversation in SMS, I see like static weird black thing on the top of my SMS, dont know how to explain it, but is there an weird bug in SMS?
    3. Are the previews quality for pictures in their folders back to the quality they are supposed to be? I dont have to open them and click "1" to get high quality right? The previews, or when I "slide" through, are lower quality than the normal ones.

Thanks!
    12-19-09 10:53 PM
    I know in .415 the alt+del is fixed, so I assume it's also fixed .421.
    I also know there is still the static weird black thing in .415, have a feeling it's still there in .421.
    12-20-09 03:23 AM
    Does anyone have an issue with geotagging pictures taken with the camera? I have 415 and the pictures are not being saved with the geotags. Hope you experts know what I am talking about

12-20-09 04:43 AM
    Does anyone have an issue with geotagging pictures taken with the camera? I have 415 and the pictures are not being saved with the geotags. Hope you experts know what I am talking about
    You have to save the images full size to keep the geotag data.
    12-20-09 01:06 PM
    I am saving them in the largest resolution. Maybe this is just a bug in 415. I am on the road so can't try 421. When I go to view the PICS and click on the blackberry button then view thw picture file properties It does not say geotagged. On my wife's 8900 It does. I even tried uploading to picasa and it did not recognize the location of the photos.

12-20-09 01:18 PM
    I am saving them in the largest resolution. Maybe this is just a bug in 415. I am on the road so can't try 421. When I go to view the PICS and click on the blackberry button then view thw picture file properties It does not say geotagged. On my wife's 8900 It does. I even tried uploading to picasa and it did not recognize the location of the photos.
    Are you sure the little geotag logo in the bottom right corner of the camera screen was grey and not red?

If it was red, then your current location had not been fully established by GPS.
    Just refresh the GPS (Options > Advanced Options > GPS > Menu > Refresh GPS), and you should be good to go
    12-20-09 01:39 PM
    Are you sure the little geotag logo in the bottom right corner of the camera screen was grey and not red?

If it was red, then your current location had not been fully established by GPS.
    Just refresh the GPS (Options > Advanced Options > GPS > Menu > Refresh GPS), and you should be good to go

Phill , thanks for your help The icon on the bottom right is red. And on my wife it is grey. I went into options and refreshed GPS location. It shows 5 satellites and my lat long. But then when I go to the camera, the icon is still red. By the way. GPS is working in 3rd party apps. Is it 415?

12-20-09 01:51 PM
    Yeap..I'm experiencing the same thing. Guess that's another bug with this F/W.
    I finally figured out what the issue was with my inability to sync with DM after upgrading to this firmware and it had nothing to do with the firmware, per se.

For me, at least, the problem was caused by AP Mobile News. It appeared to be working fine on my BB but once I deleted it, no more sync issues and no more error message from the phone app on reboot. My guess is that the application was corrupted in the restore process, however, I am not going to re-install for a little while yet.
    12-21-09 02:53 PM
    Anyone having issues with FB 1.7 and Myspace 2.0 with this beta? Im still getting errors and the same ol "contact your carrier" BS
    12-22-09 04:53 PM
    Anyone having issues with FB 1.7 and Myspace 2.0 with this beta? Im still getting errors and the same ol "contact your carrier" BS
    theres a data outage thats probably causing that.
    12-22-09 07:39 PM
    I'm kind of sad. I've been working a lot and haven't been able to keep up with the leaks, raining down on the 9700 like I use to. Now I just feel behind. Anyways, just load .421! First impressions are very fast and zippy! I like it. Well see about the battery life, others have been complaining about it. I"m just glad to be current! I will be testing .421 but can't wait for .423! Gosh, it feels good to be a Blackberry user/abuser!
    Furell,

I've just recently upgrade from .344 to .405. Have you run into any battery improvements or degradations? I'm contemplating upgrading to .415 or maybe even .421. What has been your experience so far with .421's battery life..? I's a pity there's no list of changes available for these leaks.... It would sure be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Btw, No problems so far...Great improvement battery-wise when compared to my BOLD

NokJAA!
    Last edited by NOKJAA; 12-23-09 at 11:30 PM. Reason: extra info
    12-23-09 11:28 PM
    .421 battery. life lasts too long. I like to charge my phone when I get home from work and yesterday when I came home it had 70% left with heavy usage. So I'm changing back to .351 later

Tell me ur either lying, joking or...?!?!!! Upgraded from stock .344 to .405. Battery life is way better than BOLD IMHO...Will probably make the jump to .421 just to see if the battery is so much better than .405... Could you give us a list of Apps you have running?

My APPz are:

Blackberry App World
    Amaze
    LaterDude (free)
    WatherEye
    Don't Be bored!
    I Love Blackberry
    BeBuzz (free)
    Empower Central (lite)
    Capture It
    Word To Go (+ Excel and of course PowerPoint)
    Windows Live Messenger
    Gwabbit
    Edocrab
    Gmail Advanced PlugIn
    Yahoo
    and last but not least, QuickPull (free).

Cheers,

NokJAA!
    Last edited by NOKJAA; 12-23-09 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Spelling etc etc.. :-(
    12-23-09 11:37 PM
    Tell me ur either lying, joking or...?!?!!! Upgraded from stock .344 to .405. Battery life is way better than BOLD IMHO...Will probably make the jump to .421 just to see if the battery is so much better than .405... Could you give us a list of Apps you have running?

My APPz are:

Blackberry App World
    Amaze
    LaterDude (free)
    WatherEye
    Don't Be bored!
    I Love Blackberry
    BeBuzz (free)
    Empower Central (lite)
    Capture It
    Word To Go (+ Excel and of course PowerPoint)
    Windows Live Messenger
    Gwabbit
    Edocrab
    Gmail Advanced PlugIn
    Yahoo
    and last but not least, QuickPull (free).

Cheers,

NokJAA!
    My experience was that .421 drained the battery pretty quickly, I installed the offical .405 from ATT and the battery life is much better.
    12-24-09 01:19 AM
294 ... 101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD