I am having a strange issue since installing .421 and I am hoping you guys can help me with it. Everytime I connect my BB to a computer DM crashes while attempting to recognize the BB. Mass Storage mode works fine and I am also able to sync music the memory card through Media Sync without any problem. I have tried both DM 4.7 and 5.0 on different computers and both crash during the process of recognizing the BB. Any ideas?
    12-15-09 02:40 PM
    With .415 my GPS lock in any GPS app was instant and worked great. It was better then any Blackberry or Blackberry OS I have ever used even Garmin handhelds. Now with .421 its back to 15-30 seconds out side and sometimes a miute or 2 indoors (assuming you are on the top floor). I can live with this but 415 was cool.

My theory is that RIM left the GPS running in the background and fixed it due to battery life. Although my battery was not to bad on .415
    12-15-09 03:21 PM
    I can confim that:

1. The Mark Prior Messages as Read function is quick now and not delayed. I dont konw if that was fixed. I think I had 351 or 353 before this.

2. The SMS does come up with the name of the contact. So the - error is someone what. If you have multiple people you are chatting with. Other chats that are coming in are previewed on the bottom. That still has the number without the contact name. But when you click on it to move to that thread the contact name comes up.

So almost there.

Anything else I didnt get a chance to check.

Running on BES 5 on TMO.
    12-15-09 03:30 PM
    .421 battery. life lasts too long. I like to charge my phone when I get home from work and yesterday when I came home it had 70% left with heavy usage. So I'm changing back to .351 later

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 04:53 PM
    .421 battery. life lasts too long. I like to charge my phone when I get home from work and yesterday when I came home it had 70% left with heavy usage. So I'm changing back to .351 later

Haha wow, man. I thought everyone couldn't get enough battery life and you want it shorter hahah nice!

12-15-09 05:23 PM
    Anyone have issues with transferring contact details from another phone via bluetooth? I'm not sure if this is an OS problem, but I'm running .421
    12-15-09 05:34 PM
    I'm not getting good batery life like i did when i bought the phone..... not sure if it's from all the upgrades.... but i had the best when i was on the stock 321.
    12-15-09 09:10 PM

Really???? LMAO!!!!
    12-15-09 10:59 PM

LOL. I wish this were my case
    12-15-09 11:13 PM
    LOL. I wish this were my case
    Ditto! My wife and I are getting rather poor battery life, also had poor battery life on .415

12-16-09 01:56 AM
    I was on .421 for a few days and noticed a renewed rash of "call failed" that I hadn't had on.405. I did a test: called myself, left it connected, then sent myself an email, and .421 dropped the call to receive the email (I'm on BIS, not BES). Did this several times to see if it was repeatable, and it happened every time. I then did a full wipe with JL, reloaded .405, repeated the same conditions, saw the emails come in, and the call didn't drop, repeatedly. I'm sticking with .405 for now...
    After a couple of days of running .415 I noticed a problem with my device holding a UMA connection. On re-boot I kept getting the "net_rim_bb_phone app(54)" error. I figured this was or has something to do with my connection problem. I toyed with it for a bit, wiped and did an install of .421. After a day or so everything went smooth until I ran into the same problem at home (3G and sometimes EDGE with the wi-fi icon lit up) with .415. Meanwhile my wife's Javelin held steady on UMA.

Out in town, 3G connectivity held up pretty well but not as much as I've had it before on some earlier builds. That is what made me downgrade yet again. This time to .405. I'm now sitting in my living room with UMA holding steady, something over the last 2 and a half days I was unable to do. I don't know why I kept getting that error. Googled it and couldn't really find anything definitive.

I wasn't really having any issues with 3rd party apps using .415 or .421. Battery life was good but I can't really pinpoint where the error came from but I'm happy with .405. I hear .423 is on the way. I guess I'll give that one a go when that comes...
    12-16-09 03:09 AM

That has to be the most ridiculous statement I have ever read here on CB. You've got to be kidding me....??? Is there some unequivocal force that is preventing you from charging your phone when the battery is at 70%??
    Last edited by drew4flt72; 12-16-09 at 03:20 AM.
    12-16-09 03:17 AM
    I am having a strange issue since installing .421 and I am hoping you guys can help me with it. Everytime I connect my BB to a computer DM crashes while attempting to recognize the BB. Mass Storage mode works fine and I am also able to sync music the memory card through Media Sync without any problem. I have tried both DM 4.7 and 5.0 on different computers and both crash during the process of recognizing the BB. Any ideas?
    Yeap..I'm experiencing the same thing. Guess that's another bug with this F/W.
    12-16-09 08:20 AM
    is it multilanguage?
    at least can i install my Greek .cods through BBSAk?
    Last edited by lilith240484; 12-16-09 at 09:24 AM.
    12-16-09 08:53 AM
    That has to be the most ridiculous statement I have ever read here on CB. You've got to be kidding me....??? Is there some unequivocal force that is preventing you from charging your phone when the battery is at 70%??
    Fail @ sensing sarcasm

12-16-09 01:48 PM
    Fail @ sensing sarcasm

LMAO now that was funny
    12-16-09 03:54 PM
    I'm downgrading as we speak back to .296, not because of any application problems but battery life. Earlier in this thread CX said .296 was the best for battery. I usually don't complain about battery life or betas but when I can't quite get a full day out of a charge, I'm switching. Didn't have really any issues with .296. I will wait for .423 to come out and hopefully they use the same "antenna stack" I think is what CX said they changed to get the good battery life out of it.
    12-16-09 03:57 PM
    Anxiously awaiting .423
    Part of the reason for the lack of good power management is the firmware you are using. .296 has the best battery life of all versions thus far except maybe .423. If you want the great battery life you had, I suggest going back to .296 or waiting on the next official.
    12-16-09 05:02 PM
    Anxiously awaiting .423
    People say it's just around the corner. I check back everyday hoping for it to come out
    12-16-09 05:51 PM
    I have to agree the battery isn't as stellar on .421, after a few days usage it seems the battery is draining a little quicker, its still very fast, its still the quickest reboot I have had so far.

I have noticed that my phone is switching between GPRS and 3G a lot more as well.

12-16-09 05:56 PM
    I'm kind of sad. I've been working a lot and haven't been able to keep up with the leaks, raining down on the 9700 like I use to. Now I just feel behind. Anyways, just load .421! First impressions are very fast and zippy! I like it. Well see about the battery life, others have been complaining about it. I"m just glad to be current! I will be testing .421 but can't wait for .423! Gosh, it feels good to be a Blackberry user/abuser!
    12-16-09 07:33 PM
    anyone else having distortion from the earpiece even at low volume?
    12-16-09 09:01 PM
    At this point I'm thinking of making a .296 radio based hybrid with .421 java files. Battery life is killing my wife and I.
    12-16-09 09:22 PM
    Fail @ sensing sarcasm

Guilty as charged!!
    12-17-09 02:29 AM
    Yeap..I'm experiencing the same thing. Guess that's another bug with this F/W.
    Thanks, at least I know I'm not the only one.
    12-17-09 09:35 AM
294 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD