.421 feels slower than my last OS (351 i think)
    12-14-09 01:15 PM
    for me .421 the battery life is the best, i cant believe how much of a difference this OS has made on the Battery life, I am down to under 2.0% per hour according to MeterBerry
    12-14-09 01:28 PM
    Forget this buggy leak and get ready for .423! should be here soon. I hope it's the same build as .405 and not .371/.415/.421.
    12-14-09 01:37 PM
    Forget this buggy leak and get ready for .423! should be here soon. I hope it's the same build as .405 and not .371/.415/.421.
    why not just use .405 if you liked it so much?
    12-14-09 01:49 PM
    why not just use .405 if you liked it so much?
    I will until I find a better leak than .405. Who doesn't want improvements? I want nothing but improvements and not add more bugs to the previous version. Less bugs and improvements and I am in! .405 is not perfect but it has way less bugs than these builds and if .423 will fix those and bring new stuff that's the time.
    Last edited by evorc; 12-14-09 at 02:04 PM.
    12-14-09 02:02 PM
    This OS version has issues with custom themes. Reverie worked fine on .296 but is not liked at all by .421. It is very strange but I was getting an error in the phone app after every reboot until I deleted the Reverie Theme. I did not know that themes could would/could effect applications like that but once I uninstalled it, no more error. Also, it seems that the minor lag I was experiencing in contrast to .296 is gone now that I remove my custom themes.
    12-14-09 02:20 PM
    This OS version has issues with custom themes. Reverie worked fine on .296 but is not liked at all by .421. It is very strange but I was getting an error in the phone app after every reboot until I deleted the Reverie Theme. I did not know that themes could would/could effect applications like that but once I uninstalled it, no more error. Also, it seems that the minor lag I was experiencing in contrast to .296 is gone now that I remove my custom themes.
    You are right as I posted before to give people heads up, this os version is not third party theme friendly. I wonder if it's the new theme options layout, if that's the case I hope it's fixed on .423 or otherwise bring back the old laout that worked before!
    12-14-09 02:28 PM
    im running a third party theme with no problems
    12-14-09 02:40 PM
    found another SMS name issue, when you have one SMS message open and another one comes in it shows up at the bottom (like a message in BBM would when you are typing to someone else) however it shows up as the number and not the name

and the linked contacts to BBM dont seem to work the same way, when a BBm contact is linked and they send you a SMS it does go to BBM anymore it comes in like a normal SMS
    12-14-09 03:17 PM
    I'm having no issues with 3rd party themes...
    12-14-09 03:23 PM
    im running a third party theme with no problems
    +1

No problems whatsoever with 3rd party themes on .421
    No lag, and certainly no 'ugly trails'

.405 was OK for me, but it was a 'step backwards' build with too many old features
    .415 had a terrible radio for Vodafone in the UK, hardly any reception at all causing very poor battery life
    .421 is pretty much perfect for me, with no bugs or issues and great signal strength, hence better battery life
    12-14-09 03:25 PM
    No problems here.
    12-14-09 04:09 PM
    found another SMS name issue, when you have one SMS message open and another one comes in it shows up at the bottom...
    This has happened to me with every 5.0 OS I've used (on several devices) with threaded SMS.

Not major... but it is annoying

Look at it as a kind of 'preview feature' for new texts
    12-14-09 04:40 PM
    Honestly .415 and .421 seem about the same for me minus a few mbs of application memory with .421

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 04:43 PM
    found another SMS name issue, when you have one SMS message open and another one comes in it shows up at the bottom (like a message in BBM would when you are typing to someone else) however it shows up as the number and not the name.
    That was an issue in .415 as well. I hardly ever have that happened so it's not a huge issue.
    12-14-09 06:03 PM
    I was on .421 for a few days and noticed a renewed rash of "call failed" that I hadn't had on.405. I did a test: called myself, left it connected, then sent myself an email, and .421 dropped the call to receive the email (I'm on BIS, not BES). Did this several times to see if it was repeatable, and it happened every time. I then did a full wipe with JL, reloaded .405, repeated the same conditions, saw the emails come in, and the call didn't drop, repeatedly. I'm sticking with .405 for now...
    12-14-09 08:50 PM
    Lemming alert.

You got it! Remember when we'd upgrade to get something positive, like HTML and video? What's the point now? All you get is a memory leak where there wasn't one. I think I'll wait until an upgrade offers something. I'll stick with .330 with it's no dropped calls, solid WiFi and 3g , just a all round stable OS.

Last edited by exelant; 12-14-09 at 09:31 PM.
    12-14-09 09:28 PM
    That was an issue in .415 as well. I hardly ever have that happened so it's not a huge issue.
    ah ok it never happened to me before so i wasnt sure if this was a .421 thing o not, agree its not really a big issue, but it should show the name not the number, would be nice
    12-14-09 09:36 PM
    Going back to T-Mo's stock OS tomorrow. I don't like how the option to combine SMS/Email isn't there in this build, and I'm actually missing some main apps (tasks, memo, etc) that aren't in my applications folder or in the main folder. In any case, I'm just not thrilled about this build, so going back.
    It is there under inbox settings.... choose what shows up in your inbox...
    12-14-09 09:38 PM
    Been running now for ~22 hours. I speak more on battery life tonight but here are my apps:

Google Maps
    Google App
    Facebook
    NFL Launcher
    ESPN Launcher
    CNN Launcher
    CB Launcher
    Midnight Pool II
    Quilck Launc (9700 Version)
    AutoStandby
    BB Maps (with ribbon that lets icon show on menu screen and in theme dock)
    BerryWeather
    VVM
    viigo
    speedtest
    yellowpages
    mycast weather
    DocToGo Premium
    PDF To Go
    Spotberry 2.0
    BOLT
    Berry UnitConverter
    Dictionary.com
    BB App World
    Hypaeron Sliq - 9700
    Fopa7 - TW
    9700-Zen (Custom 9700 Theme)

Custom settings that transferred from 415 to 421:

All my email and SMS/MMS messages came across
    All calendar events came across** (see problem report at the end)
    All contacts came across
    Screen brightness @ 10% (this really saves battery life and you cannot tell from 100%)
    BT:Both bonded headsets came across
    Memory:custom settings came across
    Owner:custom settings came across
    Password:custom settings came across
    Phone Options:custom settings came across
    Screen and Keyboard:custom settings came across
    Spell Check:custom settings came across
    Theme:custom settings came across (did have to rearrange icons)

I still had the calendar bug where my "annual - all day - free time" events went from 1 day to 2 day events. After the upgrade and did a Sync and fixed them all in Outlook 2007 followed by another resync.

There seems to be two issues here. DM data not overriding phone data when set to do so and the calendar changes them selves. Over the last few upgrades when I saw this on my phone I played with the DM Sync settings trying to get PC data to override that on the phone. So far it has not worked. Only a Sync, correction in Outlook 2007 and another Sync fixes it. The adjustment I make in Outlook 2007 is only the start time. FOr some reason these type of events get their start time adjusted from 0000 to 0600. Since they are flagged as a 24 hour event they then span 2 days in the calendar. Adjusting the start time of them all (by doing any entry in each series) one at a time (and I have 50) correct the issue.

This may all be due to me having a start of week set to Sunday with day start and end times of 12AM each. I am not sure when the calendar gets put in vs all the settings but if the events come first before custom calendar settings that would explain this.

Boot Time test: 3m 21s. This is about 1 minute faster than what I was getting on 415. This was tested after after the initial boot post upgrade. IMO that particular boot is not applicable to this test since all your apps are pounding the system trying to register etc... My tests are after all my phone settings are confirmed and all my apps properly registered and setup.

So far no issues with general callp, SMS, email(BIS) or just surfing the net.

More to follow!!!
    Add the latest version of BerryWeather and Bing to my list. No issues for me. The one thing I would like to see is concerning SMS. SMS is not threaded so why not at the thread listing have the option to forward an entire thread via email?
    12-14-09 09:42 PM
    where is possible find berryweather for os 5?
    12-15-09 02:10 AM
    whats the difference between the different firmwares? why should i upgrade from my stock firmware? please some feedback im trying to decide wether to upgrade or not
    12-15-09 06:10 AM
    where is possible find berryweather for os 5?
    I don't think there is one.... Just 4.6 and above. If you purchase it, update notifications are on by default.

12-15-09 07:00 AM
    Add the latest version of BerryWeather and Bing to my list. No issues for me. The one thing I would like to see is concerning SMS. SMS is not threaded so why not at the thread listing have the option to forward an entire thread via email?
    Add WiFi - I must say it is really fast! I have never played with this before until today.
    12-15-09 09:44 AM
    I was on .421 for a few days and noticed a renewed rash of "call failed" that I hadn't had on.405. I did a test: called myself, left it connected, then sent myself an email, and .421 dropped the call to receive the email (I'm on BIS, not BES). Did this several times to see if it was repeatable, and it happened every time. I then did a full wipe with JL, reloaded .405, repeated the same conditions, saw the emails come in, and the call didn't drop, repeatedly. I'm sticking with .405 for now...
    I just tested this and the call stayed connected.
    12-15-09 09:52 AM
294 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD