It affects certain people at random. What is the link, I do not know...
    You're a little slow billybob, use your brain dude!

DU, ZAIN, WATANIYA, PORTA, OPTUS - do you get the picture yet?

Tinpot carriers
    12-12-09 05:08 PM
    I would like to make a recommendation to users with Google Sync. Unlike me, you might want to think about logging out of Google Sync on your Blackberry BEFORE running your upgrade. When you log out, your device deletes the information on your device's calendar, but keeps it on the Google Server. Then, after the update, log back in and you're back in business. If you don't, you might end up with double, or even triple entries. Also, if you've connected your Calendar to FB, might want to uncheck this and log out on the device.

Then, after the upgrade, before logging into Google Sync and/or FB, make sure you go to Options >> Advanced Options >> Default Services, and select the right default calendar. Otherwise, when everything starts syncing, it might very well be added to the wrong calendar.

In fact, I would strongly recommend that this information be added to:

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    12-12-09 05:12 PM
    Does this build have the main message list options?
    12-12-09 05:15 PM
    Does anyone know why whenever you install a new OS, all the apps that appeared in MyWorld through AppWorld disappear? It's really annoying to have to update each application separately because Appworld no longer recognizes them.
    12-12-09 05:16 PM
    Does anyone know why whenever you install a new OS, all the apps that appeared in MyWorld through AppWorld disappear? It's really annoying to have to update each application separately because Appworld no longer recognizes them.
    alt+ r s t
    12-12-09 05:17 PM
    Running .421 for few hours now. All my apps run smooth. Sms is non-issue, the names appear so long as they are in your address book. I had to download newer bbm, .54 as the one packaged with this leak (.53) does all sorts of wonky shiz. Booting is faster. Batt life doesn't bother me, charger is accessible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 05:20 PM
    Log out and back into your account, and your apps should reappear. Got that from CS when I questioned my apps constantly disappearing after an upgrade. Also, I didn't
    get the "why" question answered either.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-12-09 at 05:22 PM.
    12-12-09 05:20 PM
    You're a little slow billybob, use your brain dude!

DU, ZAIN, WATANIYA, PORTA, OPTUS - do you get the picture yet?

Tinpot carriers
    sorry mate, your showing your ignorance listing optus as a tinpot carrier.

u guys have gone too far OT. why dont we go back to discussing 421.
    12-12-09 05:21 PM
    Does this build have the main message list options?
    Yes, except it is now titled "Inbox Settings". I love being able to separate my BES email from other accounts with this feature, stock .296 didn't have it.
    12-12-09 05:26 PM
    If you go to MyWorld in AppWorld, hit menu, then log in with your PayPal account, it will retrieve your applications that you purchased and repopulate MyWorld. It doesn't bring back the free ones, but that's a small annoyance.
    12-12-09 05:28 PM
    If you go to MyWorld in AppWorld, hit menu, then log in with your PayPal account, it will retrieve your applications that you purchased and repopulate MyWorld. It doesn't bring back the free ones, but that's a small annoyance.
    Yeah, I agree

12-12-09 05:37 PM
    The bug from the previous build where there are duplicate SMS entries for the same person (one that has all outgoing, and the other incoming) is still there.

Alt + enter for language selection fixed now, it doesn't lock the phone.

SMS names show correctly.. as with previous builds which fixed it...

Due to the SMS dupe entry I'm reverting back to .405... each leak seems to just fix one thing.. going to wait till it's like .47x or something
    12-12-09 05:37 PM
    Lol, I'm telling you guys, just go into BB App World and hit ALT+ R then S then T. App world will restart and all your apps will re-appear.
    12-12-09 05:38 PM
    Yes, except it is now titled "Inbox Settings". I love being able to separate my BES email from other accounts with this feature, stock .296 didn't have it.
    Accessible through the options when opening your messages folder right?
    12-12-09 05:43 PM
    Lol, I'm telling you guys, just go into BB App World and hit ALT+ R then S then T. App world will restart and all your apps will re-appear.
    It's all good. Thanks for posting. Next time I need my apps, I'll use it.

12-12-09 05:44 PM
    Wow, that's pretty slick! It even brings back the unpaid ones...thanks, I didn't see your post before I responded...this is the way to go.
    12-12-09 05:44 PM
    Accessible through the options when opening your messages folder right?
    Correct, second item in the list.
    12-12-09 05:45 PM
    Correct, second item in the list.
    Thanks.
    12-12-09 05:46 PM
    I'm pretty sure that my priority apps are not the same as everyone else, but I've found that some apps like Memory Booster and QuickPull haven't really been necessary with the 9700.

Here are the apps that I've found to be working:

AppWorld
    Google Voice
    Flixster
    SmrtGuard
    Google Maps
    Crackberry Store
    Facebook
    SocialScope
    SmrtGuard
    Google Sync
    QuickLaunch (Don't forget to backup and then restore)
    BBM
    WiFi Transfer
    Sling Mobile (not available for 9700. I copied it over from my 9000 when I upgraded hardware and still works)
    Last.fm (another app I copied over from 9700, also works)
    Bolt Browser

Issues:

***DO NOT RUN Opera Mini 5 Beta 2.
    - The only way to access the address bar is with the Enter Key. The trackpad still does not appear to be recognized when clicked. After going to a website, I can only scroll up and down with the trackpad; the buttons I used scroll up and down with no longer work. Also, once I get to a website, I cannot reopen the menu to exit. I had to use BBSAK to kill the process. At least now I can open a webpage whereas with .415, it didn't even like "Enter". Looks like they are 'almost' there. Dunno if it's RIM or Opera that needs to get this working.

***Still getting a certificate error from mobile banking, staying in offline mode.
    12-12-09 06:10 PM
    (slightly off topic)

I'm sure I've said this before, but I'll say it again just in case:

Slacker Radio really needs to get in gear and start storing our listed of cached channels on their server. I'm quite disappointed that whenever I run an upgrade, I have to reselect the stations that I want cached each time.

Has anyone figured out a way to work around this?
    12-12-09 06:14 PM
    ***DO NOT RUN Opera Mini 5 Beta 2.
    - The only way to access the address bar is with the Enter Key. The trackpad still does not appear to be recognized when clicked. After going to a website, I can only scroll up and down with the trackpad; the buttons I used scroll up and down with no longer work. Also, once I get to a website, I cannot reopen the menu to exit. I had to use BBSAK to kill the process. At least now I can open a webpage whereas with .415, it didn't even like "Enter". Looks like they are 'almost' there. Dunno if it's RIM or Opera that needs to get this working.

There is a fix for this. You need to download Opera Mini 5 beta 2 VERSION 4.3. I created thread about this (named "FIX for the Opera Mini 5 Beta 2") and provided a link to the download site (I can't provide a link from my phone).

You will need to download to your PC and install to your phone via DM or BBSAK.

Last edited by oneshortsleeve; 12-12-09 at 06:34 PM.
    12-12-09 06:25 PM
    Still waiting for someone to comment on the 3g on t-mobile is this any better with the drop call?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????
    12-12-09 06:32 PM
    There is a fix for this. You need to download Opera Mini 5 beta 2 VERSION 4.3. I created thread about this (named "FIX for the Opera Mini 5 Beta 2") and provided a link to the download site (I can't provide a link from my phone).

You will need to download to your PC and install to your phone via DM or BBSAK.

Thanks. I deserve that for not looking in the third-party forums section. Sometimes I can forget that it exists. I just kinda gave in and used Bolt instead. Personally, I'm glad that in SocialScope, I can select which browser to open a link in (native, Bolt, or Opera). It's kinda cool.

And for those too lazy to find it, here's at least the link to the internal crackberry post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ope...ml#post4238418
    12-12-09 06:48 PM
    This OS is lightning quick. no hiccups on install, everything went smooth, seem to have gained about 10 MB as well.

all my apps work. would list them, but i think they have already been listed.
    12-12-09 07:05 PM
    can anyone confirm that NIMBUZZ is working...i can't get it to work on .415
    thanks in advance!
    12-12-09 07:08 PM
294 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD