no no where I just uninstalled DM, when I reinstall where do I uncheck automatic updates? P.S thanks for the help
    12-12-09 01:57 PM
    do custom install and you will see it there as one of the three options to check....restart your computer after install of new dm and os.

Please go thru this how-to first if not sure what you are doing.

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by evorc; 12-12-09 at 02:06 PM.
    12-12-09 02:00 PM
    I know this might sound a bit silly but has anyone who has installed this OS actually checked the number in the Status once they've installed it or are they just assuming .421 has installed?

I have deleted all other OSs off my PC, installed and reinstalled .421, restarted the PC and reinstalled DM and it is still only installing .351. I don't know what else to do - I've downloaded it from BB leaks, Berry Review and Crackberry's links and it's the same file. I am wondering if this is actually .351 that's been uploaded by mistake..

I've tried installing it with Loader AND DM and no joy.
    12-12-09 02:56 PM
    Just installed .421... works well on Rogers here. Although .415 was very good as well for me.
    12-12-09 03:00 PM
    I know this might sound a bit silly but has anyone who has installed this OS actually checked the number in the Status once they've installed it or are they just assuming .421 has installed?

I have deleted all other OSs off my PC, installed and reinstalled .421, restarted the PC and reinstalled DM and it is still only installing .351. I don't know what else to do - I've downloaded it from BB leaks, Berry Review and Crackberry's links and it's the same file. I am wondering if this is actually .351 that's been uploaded by mistake..

I've tried installing it with Loader AND DM and no joy.
    Yea, I've had the same issue in the past, I narrowed down the cause to when you install a new OS you keep the BB plugged into the computer. I never was able to resolve the issue I had to start using a new computer (or just reinstall windows) to get it working again.
    12-12-09 03:07 PM
    So wierd. I've always unplugged the BB but just reinstalled it again with the BB plugged it in and still won't work. I try to do a manual install and it gives me the option of reinstalling .351 which I now have or downgrading to .321. This is so strange.
    12-12-09 03:15 PM
    soo how is it guys? improvement from .415 or pretty much the same?
    12-12-09 03:16 PM
    pretty solid and smooth. Just the 2 hiccups im having (arabic text... and sms bug).. Im gonna reload the faulty .cod and do some experimenting.

i tried every setting under SMS, also tried a different SIM card, same result.

I tested with the network switched OFF, so it cant be the network.
    Last edited by billybobjones; 12-12-09 at 03:48 PM.
    12-12-09 03:21 PM
    pretty solid and smooth. Just the 2 hiccups im having (arabic text... and sms bug).. Im gonna reload the faulty .cod and do some experimenting.

i tried every setting under SMS, also tried a different SIM card, same result.

I tested with the network switched OFF, so it cant be the network.
    I'm on .421, I've tried to get this to happen, and it's just not there on mine...100% solid on my device.
    12-12-09 03:55 PM
    I have no idea what it is exactly? Its fine on .405. So it must be something RIM changed but it only affects certain devices? But what it is that is triggering it is beyond me.
    12-12-09 03:57 PM
    Anything new besides the new (very awesome) option screen for wallpapers and themes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 04:04 PM
    What about battery? Of course it hasn't been many hours that you've been able to play with it, but hows the battery life been for you guys.
    12-12-09 04:05 PM
    ^^everything seems to be pretty solid. Except as ive said, the issues i reported which are only for people if

a) they have arabic enabled

or

b) have one of the randomly affected devices that the SMS is faulty on.

For b) i have posted a fix that i learned from digitalboy in another thread.

So... i recommend the upgrade.
    12-12-09 04:11 PM
    For those of you who upgraded to .415, in messages, under the menu, there is an option to "Filter Subject" and "Filter Sender". If I understand correctly, this is supposed to set the filter on the BIS. Unfortunately, the do not appear to be uploaded and no matter what I filter, the messages still get forwarded to the BB.

I never noticed the option back on my 9000 so I'm wondering if this is either something new for 5.0 or for the 9700. Has anyone been able to get this filtering function to work, or do you still have to set it up on the BIS interface. About to start installing now, but while I'm doing it, anyone who upgraded want to give this a try to see if this new version fixes this?
    12-12-09 04:11 PM
    why are there never changelogs posted?
    12-12-09 04:16 PM
    Just noticed the restore progress bar just moved a little bit ... so I know its working but just unusual how long its taking.
    After waiting another 15 mins or so I decided to go ahead and pull the plug so to speak ... In doing so It didn't say my phone was going to wipe the info as that was what I was afraid might happen... It just said that it couldn't restore my settings but it did save a backup file ...so long story short i restarted the DM ..and loaded the backup file and all my settings I had was restored with the upgrade... Been running .421 for about 2 or 3 hours now and I must say I have no problems. So I can safely this was another successful update of an OS for me! Can't wait for another .. Lol probably next week LoL

12-12-09 04:17 PM
    I have no idea what it is exactly? Its fine on .405. So it must be something RIM changed but it only affects certain devices? But what it is that is triggering it is beyond me.
    This is getting tiresome now

We all understand you're having problems, but this is an isolated issue and NOT a bug. If it was a bug we'd all be suffering, and clearly we're not.

You have already started your own thread on this subject, so please keep your comments in there and leave this thread for discussing .421 findings.

All you are doing is confusing people.
    12-12-09 04:18 PM
    Lol, checked this morning around 4:45- nada. Around 8:30, I received an alert about the new OS leak. Nice

12-12-09 04:39 PM
    .. and themes that worked flawless with .405 are acting crazy on this build ( when you scroll on the message pop up menu it leaves an ugly trail)...
    .415 also leaves ugly trails behind after scrolling past items in popup menus.
    12-12-09 04:39 PM
    No what is getting tiresome is your inability to use your brain.

Let me run you through this, since you obviously are a little slow..

My device is unlocked and unbranded. The network is off.

Stock OS= NO ISSUE
    OS .344= NO ISSUE
    OS .371= NO ISSUE
    OS .405 = NO ISSUE
    OS .415= ISSUE
    OS .421= ISSUE

Other people also have these issues. On networks such as AT&T, T MObile, DU, ZAIN, WATANIYA, etc...

And No, unless your device shares the same PIN, IMEI and other configurations as mine, they are not the same.

The bug could for all I know be affecting devices that start with IMEI 357xxxxxx or whatever.

It is a software issue, not a hardware issue, and therefore it is a BUG.

If it was an isolated issue, NO ONE else would be having it.

Since people are having this issue, that are not me, then hmmmmm, perhaps it is a BUG.

"A software bug is the common term used to describe an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways" - Wikipedia

I have posted solutions, all you have done is come here and cry about me posting. Get a life dude.
    Last edited by billybobjones; 12-12-09 at 04:50 PM.
    12-12-09 04:42 PM
    No what is getting tiresome is your inability to use your brain.

Let me run you through this, since you obviously dont get it.

My device is unlocked and unbranded. The network is off.

Stock OS= NO ISSUE
    OS .344= NO ISSUE
    OS .371= NO ISSUE
    OS .405 = NO ISSUE
    OS .415= ISSUE
    OS .421= ISSUE

Other people also have these issues. On networks such as AT&T, T MObile, DU, ZAIN, WATANIYA, etc...

And No, unless your device shares the same PIN, IMEI and other configurations as mine, they are not the same.

The bug could for all I know be affecting devices that start with IMEI 357xxxxxx or whatever.

It is a software issue, not a hardware issue, and therefore it is a BUG.

I have posted solutions, all you have done is come here and cry about me posting. Get a life dude.
    i don't have a problem with it! and most people don't that posted here... maybe 3 or 4 out of how many that posted..... it's good you found a fixed! thanks, it will help out whoever else has a problem! but i don't know if i would call it a "bug" lol i'm not sure what to call it, the majority doesn't have problems
    12-12-09 04:47 PM
    QUESTIONNNNNN??????? anyone thats on tmo that was having call drop issues on 3G let me know if its better on this build
    I would like to know this also

12-12-09 04:47 PM
    .415 also leaves ugly trails behind after scrolling past items in popup menus.
    Yeah, I've noticed it in .415 and this one as well.
    Other than that, no issues- so far.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-12-09 at 04:53 PM.
    12-12-09 04:48 PM
    i don't have a problem with it! and most people don't that posted here... maybe 3 or 4 out of how many that posted..... it's good you found a fixed! thanks, it will help out whoever else has a problem! but i don't know if i would call it a "bug" lol i'm not sure what to call it, the majority doesn't have problems
    With the SMS Name bug, where the name wouldnt display, it wa sonly for people who formatted the number in a certain way that were affected.

Just because I do not know the direct cause, does not mean that the problem doesnt exist.

It affects certain people at random. What is the link, I do not know. But there is one, and it exists.

if it was a hardware issue, i, along with everyone else who has complained of this issue, would not have the solution of going back to OS .405 or previous ones to fix it.

Since it does get fixed by using the .cod from a previous OS, it must be something in the .COD of the new leaks that affect only certain people.

I have tried to help others by posting a solution, and I get attacked by people who do not have the issue. Im happy you dont have the issue, but why do you feel the need to attack me for having an issue?

Its quite sad really.

Also here is another bug:

load arabic into your device and try to type the number "9" when inputting a number to text, and try to tell me it is only me that gets the number 6. It is only in this specific input field as well.

the number 9 comes out fine everywhere else. Hence there is a software bug somewhere, not faulty hardware.
    Last edited by billybobjones; 12-12-09 at 05:00 PM.
    12-12-09 04:56 PM
    thanks billybobjones, its a bug, i agree with you. having posted it on every page of this thread, got a bit tiring tho.

what i want to know is, themes and quicklaunch, do they work seemlessly?
    with .415 the graphics were a bit sketchy. does it work flawlessly now with themeS?
    12-12-09 05:00 PM
294 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD