Just installed. Seemed to have fixed my issue where I couldn't open an existing SMS convo. It didn't happen all the time but it was enough to be noticeable.
    12-12-09 11:16 AM
    Wow. They keep coming! I am getting great battery life on .405 so I am hesitant. I tried .415 but my battery was getting killed. I may give this a go today to see what its like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 11:17 AM
    Major improvement for me over .415 is the radio. I'm getting much better reception on .421 now.

...and no, you can't set the number of picture thumbnails, it's still preset to 4.
    12-12-09 11:18 AM
    OMG.....Just got back after getting an early upgrade 9700 from orange and hey presto!! refreshed my crackberry page and there is a new leak.

Not even turned the phone on properly and its getting installed.
    Geez, they gotta start putting up change logs, im tired of looking for what's new
    I second this motion...
    Battery life on .421 is excellent i did 70 txt plus bbm with screen light for about 35 mins still at 98% not bad. this build looks like not a whole lot new but alot of stability improvement fixed certain lags home screen to sms. browser lags look a little improvement. still testing......
    12-12-09 11:22 AM
    I do not love iphone, but ...
    12-12-09 11:25 AM
    Don't yo guys get tired of reintsalling codes, apps, BerryPopup settings, BerryBuzz profile setting, etc.? Or do you guys have a quick way of restoring all that?
    12-12-09 11:29 AM
    ok installed removed vendor.xml file and Enhanced Gmail plugin file......I'k try it out for a few days and report back later on.
    Why remove the Gmail plugin file?
    12-12-09 11:30 AM
    I haven't been a big fan of any OS thus far, aside from the stock T-Mo one; Everybody raved about .415, but I wasn't really diggin' it.

For the people that have given this build a go, I have two quick (rather unimportant) questions; #1) Can you set the # of thumbnails when you're viewing pictures in the gallery? I don't think that past few builds had that option, or I'm a ******. #2) When you're browsing the file folders, are they grey or yellow in this build?

I may give this build a go just to test it out, but I'm somewhat hesitant. Still awesome that so many updates have leaked though.
    1. no
    2. grey
    12-12-09 11:30 AM
    i downloaded it, and i need someone to confrimn or help me i have google sync and i think there is a problem.... i go to sync it to my "default calander" and yes i have the setting set up, but when google sync is done it adds all the calander entires to the "bb groups" spot and NOT to the default calendar, anyone else having that probelm
    Last edited by daniel_martin10; 12-12-09 at 11:36 AM.
    12-12-09 11:31 AM
    I'm still downloading ... its taking longer than usual to download it appears to be stuck on restoring my BBGroups ..its been this way for like 10 plus mins now ...dont wanna pull the plug because it will most likely wipe the phone ... has anyone experienced this problem or am I the only one?
    12-12-09 11:31 AM
    Things I've noticed thus far (comparing to 4.15)

1) Blackberry Maps now works (at&t) The download link for maps (lds_ribbon) is now present on mobile.blackberry.com
    2) Inbox Settings still present
    3) Colored Icons still present (camera)
    4) Thumbnail preview is FAST
    5) SMS/Profile "bug" still present (ie. Set a custom message tone for a contact and it will not play for a SMS however it will play for an email)
    12-12-09 11:32 AM
    Major improvement for me over .415 is the radio. I'm getting much better reception on .421 now.

...and no, you can't set the number of picture thumbnails, it's still preset to 4.
    thank youu
    12-12-09 11:32 AM
    I'm still downloading ... its taking longer than usual to download it appears to be stuck on restoring my BBGroups ..its been this way for like 10 plus mins now ...dont wanna pull the plug because it will most likely wipe the phone ... has anyone experienced this problem or am I the only one?
    Just noticed the restore progress bar just moved a little bit ... so I know its working but just unusual how long its taking.
    12-12-09 11:36 AM
    i downloaded it, and i need someone to confrimn or help me i have google sync and i think there is a problem.... i go to sync it to my "default calander" and yes i have the setting set up, but when google sync is done it adds all the calander entires to the "bb groups" spot and NOT to the default calendar, anyone else having that probelm
    Nevermind i got it... i had to use BBSAK to delete the "bb groups calendar" COD and now it works... weird, but so far i'm liking .421
    12-12-09 11:40 AM
    Just noticed the restore progress bar just moved a little bit ... so I know its working but just unusual how long its taking.
    Yo need to accept some prompts on your BB. I believe that's what apploader is waiting for before it proceeds.
    12-12-09 11:41 AM
    I have a few 9700's running on Rogers and AT&T and didn't have any sms bug on 415. Been using 421 for 2 days and have no sms bug on it either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Co-sign for T-Mobile as well. I have a few running both, and have no issues.
    12-12-09 11:41 AM
    How is .421 compared to .415? Worth changing?
    Not particularly, in my opinion... yet here I am. lol

I agree with the other guy - change logs NEED to be available. I don't mind testing one of my phones, but looking for subtle differences is a bit tedious at times. Especially when you start out with very few-to-no issues from stock and gradually progress.
    12-12-09 11:46 AM
    Can anyone comment on picture viewing quality?
    12-12-09 11:46 AM
    12-12-09 11:51 AM
    i'm semi new to the BB world. but where are these leaks coming from? it said not an official release? are these just open source leaks or are these from RIM? how come when i do an update on my phone it doesn't pick up the leaks?
    12-12-09 11:59 AM
    i'm semi new to the BB world. but where are these leaks coming from? it said not an official release? are these just open source leaks or are these from RIM? how come when i do an update on my phone it doesn't pick up the leaks?
    They are unofficial beta leaks, leaked internally from RIM. They will be 99% stable, but will still have some bugs.

Checking for updates on your phone will not pick them up because they are not official and not carrier specific.
    12-12-09 12:07 PM
    a "leak" is an os that gets out before it is approved by the carriers and is therefore unorficial
    12-12-09 12:08 PM
    i see.. thats makes sense. thanks.
    12-12-09 12:11 PM
294 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD