01-06-10 11:57 AM
88 1234
tools
    I'm all for having the most up-to-date stuff, but are some of you 'upgrading' just to be doing so? I'm not seeing (or reading) any benefits of these latest OS versions and leaks to be messing around and wasting time and effort installing them - especially when my phone has performed PERFECTLY right out of the box.

I only bother upgrading when a.) new features are being introduced/implemented or b.) old problems are being remedied. Is either true with this latest round of OS releases?
    11-23-09 05:26 AM
    well since there is no change log from RIM....how would you know what "fixes" are in the latest OS unless some of us install it and report back?
    11-23-09 11:18 AM
    well since there is no change log from RIM....how would you know what "fixes" are in the latest OS unless some of us install it and report back?
    ...touche. lol

I guess if you're willing to do that then it does serve a purpose. (was unaware of the 'change log' thing)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 01:09 PM
    LOL.... what I find funny is that the exact same Operating Systems sometimes perform differently on peoples devices...LOL
    11-23-09 02:40 PM
    LOL.... what I find funny is that the exact same Operating Systems sometimes perform differently on peoples devices...LOL
    THIS right here... as much as I enjoy and am familiar with RIM's systems, it seems that it's pretty hit-or-miss with different individuals. I upgraded once, after there were nothing but RAVE reviews for the new OS, and my phone sucked after that. Had to endure the headache of downgrading. Other times, the complete opposite. And now, out the box, I'm having ZERO issues that many others are dedicating entire threads to in the 9700 section. lol
    11-23-09 04:15 PM
    Can I get a simple answer as far as WHAT the differences are between this .351, .344 and the 'stock' .330?

Thanks
    11-23-09 08:58 PM
    The blackberry media sync isn t working here. I tried different versions of desktop manager also the latest delivered with 9700 on cd still no luck

I also noticed the bluetooth isn t working with BMW anymore
    Last edited by aldo818; 11-24-09 at 08:15 AM.
    11-24-09 02:22 AM
    any working links to download this build. i would love to try it out
    11-24-09 08:58 PM
    hey guys i have installed the software on my comp...deleted the vendor.xml but it wont update.

ive done this many times before (on my 8330) with no problems but im just stumped here

any ideas?
    11-25-09 06:43 PM
    On the SMS issue, I have several contacts in xxxxxxxxxx, (xxx)xxx-xxxx and xxx-xxx-xxxx formats where they always show up named in SMS and MMS when running the .314 ROM. What am I missing?
    11-25-09 11:58 PM
    hey guys i have installed the software on my comp...deleted the vendor.xml but it wont update.

ive done this many times before (on my 8330) with no problems but im just stumped here

any ideas?
    What application are you using to do the update? BBSAK or the loader directly?
    11-26-09 12:00 AM
    Was using loader directly. I ended up uninstalling and redoing it...this time without deleting the vendor.xml file n it worked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 02:50 PM
    .351 omg mine turned blue and green then grew horns and started complaining about something in tongues- is it possessed ?

I hope so !!

is that a side effect or just a feature???
    11-26-09 07:56 PM
    I have to agree with some of the comments here. I played with my Storm OS, because you had to, and every leaked version brought something new to the table. But my 9700 is running great as is. Battery=superb, memory=(compared to Storm 1, need I say more) I'll be waiting to see if an OS comes out to improve or implement a new feature....
    11-26-09 08:48 PM
    I installed it, but when I run desktop manager or the loader app directly, it doesn't see that the system needs updating. I installed and uninstalled several times trying to figure what I'm missing. I'm a T-Mobile 9700 currently running .330. Any other ideas?
    11-27-09 03:31 AM
    I'm re-downloading the build just in case that's the problem
    11-27-09 03:48 AM
    Nope, can't get it to recognize that I need to upgrade. Is my only option to brick my 9700 1st??
    11-27-09 03:59 AM
    is this a leak or an official OS? on CB it says its an official but here it says its a leak... im so confused :S this is weird!!!
    11-27-09 09:59 AM
    I installed it, but when I run desktop manager or the loader app directly, it doesn't see that the system needs updating. I installed and uninstalled several times trying to figure what I'm missing. I'm a T-Mobile 9700 currently running .330. Any other ideas?
    Try disconnecting from the web on your PC if you havent already
    11-27-09 10:05 AM
    so every once and a while bb app world un installs it self when I delete another app ...

wonder why that is
    11-27-09 10:11 AM
    I have to agree with some of the comments here. I played with my Storm OS, because you had to, and every leaked version brought something new to the table. But my 9700 is running great as is. Battery=superb, memory=(compared to Storm 1, need I say more) I'll be waiting to see if an OS comes out to improve or implement a new feature....
    I Have To Concur With You On This one. I'm Running My Factory OS .330 And:
    Battery Life - GREAT
    3G Signal - GREAT
    SMS Showing Names - Yes
    Youtube - Yes (With No Configuration Necessary)
    I Think This Is Going To Be My 1st BB that I Never Upgrade Unless There Is A Release That Makes Some DRASTIC Improvements On An Already Near-Perfect Phone.
    11-27-09 10:28 AM
    Just upgraded to this version From Stock TMO... lets see how it goes....
    11-27-09 12:11 PM
    Anyone know how to stop SMS's from showing up in BBM? I can't seem to distinguish which are sms and bbm messages. I just want each type to show up in their respective places.
    11-27-09 12:14 PM
    With this new upgrade i cant see anyones status message next to there names....
    very weird!

*disregard* takes a while to pull data... just showed up 10 minutes later...
    Last edited by Dbodhert; 11-27-09 at 12:34 PM.
    11-27-09 12:31 PM
    Can anyone please comment on whether the official .351 release fixes the SMS contact info issue (sms threads only show phone #'s....not the contact name in address book).
    11-27-09 01:30 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD