Does anyone know if there is an OTA of OS 5.0.0.411 for the Bold 9000?
    12-16-09 01:06 PM
    Not that I know.. you cannot download and install an OS from your BB. Use a PC, download the compressed file, install in PC and then from the PC with BB connected via USB run apploader.exe.
    12-17-09 04:54 PM
    You can update an OS OTA using the utility that's built into the Blackberry. I did it successfully about a week ago on my Bold. I doubt you can do it for 5.0.x since it hasn't been officially released yet.
    12-17-09 05:04 PM
    Yeah, not that i have heard of ever.... ESPECIALLY on beta stuff. I doubt you will EVER see that. As far as i know, the OTA updates are admined by the carriers, so a carrier is not likely to push a beta os.

But i would HIGHLY recommend you give .411 a try. Just download in install with your PC.. Its highly worth the effort.
    12-17-09 05:05 PM
    The primary reason I ask is I don't have a piece of crap. (I apologize... PC). Nor do I even enjoy using one to upload an OS because of the instability factor of Windows products. (Just my opinion).

And, an FYI to those that do not know. OS have had the ability to be OTA'd since the introduction of 4.5 OS. That was the HUGE reasoning for it. But, I do appreciate the feedback.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 01:11 AM
    ^^Oh so I guess your a "MAC" guy....give it a a rest dude....I hope you realize that a MAC....IS A PERSONAL computer...just like a PC that runs windows, So can the MAC which is a PC....the hardware is ALL THE SAME DUDE....
    12-22-09 09:16 AM
    ^^Oh so I guess your a "MAC" guy....give it a a rest dude....I hope you realize that a MAC....IS A PERSONAL computer...just like a PC that runs windows, So can the MAC which is a PC....the hardware is ALL THE SAME DUDE....
    I'm assuming that you've never used a Mac, have you?
    12-22-09 11:45 AM
    You need a PC. If you don't have one, too bad.
    12-22-09 04:31 PM
    rmcmann you fit the stereotypical mac fanboy generalization to a tee with the way you talk about windows. You just made it seem like windows is so unstable that you couldn't log into gmail without a crash or error. Get a clue, use a windows pc instead of listening to what the fanboys have to say, it runs fine, just don't be ******* ******** when using it. That said, i doubt 5.0 has an OTA at the moment, seeing as its in beta form still, wish it did..
    12-23-09 01:30 PM
    Very Simple Answer "You Cannot Download Any OS OTA which is unofficial or Beta, but any OS that is official and given by your Service Provider is the only possibility you can upgrade to"
    Thanks
    12-26-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD