Is it just me or is not having the keyboard lock option suck? Not only is the mute button out of the way, but doesn't work half the time I push it, IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    my mute button isn't working well too, sucks big time! they should let us choose wether we'd like to use that new lock feature or stay with the old one
    02-27-10 02:05 AM
    installing this as I type. hopefully this fixes my choppy radio and multiple clocks I seem to get frequently. thanks to all for the help
    I'm happy to hear this wasn't just a hardware issue on my 9000. I was curious if the radio on 464 was having issues with some folks as I get choppy calls about 1/5 calls and is driving me through the wall!

Updating mine right now...
    02-27-10 03:10 AM
    snverhallen- something seems amiss. 4 apps and less than 20?? those apps shouldn't be taking you down that low. have you ever done a wipe?
    I agree. I'm now going to completely wipe my BB and just install the .509 build completely fresh.

What's the best computer app to completely wipe my 9000?
    02-27-10 04:38 AM
    I agree. I'm now going to completely wipe my BB and just install the .509 build completely fresh.

BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife)
    RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0

also very usefull for saving/restoring your aps
    02-27-10 04:45 AM
    I get choppy calls about 1/5 calls and is driving me through the wall!
    Have the same problem since .411. However, when I activate speaker and then change back to phone during a choppy call the sound was fine!
    02-27-10 04:48 AM

So I just wiped my phone using BBSAK and installed .509 and I now have 22MB's of free app memory with no apps installed. Still seems low to me. What is wrong?

BTW I do have a media card that if 90% full but that shouldn't make a difference should it?
    02-27-10 05:23 AM
    So I just wiped my phone using BBSAK and installed .509 and I now have 22MB's of free app memory with no apps installed. Still seems low to me. What is wrong?

BTW I do have a media card that if 90% full but that shouldn't make a difference should it?
    That's weird!

I recommend to Wipe your BB again with BBSAK. Then reinstall the .509 again and during the wizard, only check the apps you use/need to install.

I am pretty sure you will have a clean boot with approximately 35MB of free device memory!
    02-27-10 05:36 AM
    I upgraded from .464 using Loader.exe and let it back up / restore the phone. All my gmail emails were marked as drafts, and didn't show up in the plug in. So I reinstalled it (via the web), and now I just have a standard inbox (not threads or labels). How can I fix this?

02-27-10 06:48 AM
    Loading it up now. We'll see how this one goes.
    02-27-10 07:03 AM
    Alright, I am running this OS for like 2 hours now.

It is nothing different form my .464 but I am satisfied.
    I upgraded my .464 to .509 with BBSAK cause DM wasn't able to find updated software for my Bold :S

Boot time is little bit faster, WiFi is connecting real fast, like GPS too.
    I have 34MB of device memory free after a battery pull with my apps installed.

The key-lock is found by holding A on the keyboard and unlocked by holding the Mute button.
    But now while holding the Mute button, the phone won't go in Standby Mode but also in Key Lock.. so I think it is still a bug in this OS..

But that doesn't matter, for me it there's no difference btween Standby mode or Key lock..

Great OS so far, but that was .464 already so no difference for me!
    02-27-10 07:11 AM
    where did you buy it? hopefully it was mobihand. if so just log into your account at mobi and the code is listed next to the app.
    I bought mine via BB App World. Log in and you will see your code. But you may have to download directly from Bellshare. App world kept sending me older versions - once I even got version 1 which of course is not "compatible" with a version 2/2.1 license! I giess an ATT Bold with OS 5 "confused" App World.

02-27-10 07:45 AM
    i think the .509 OS is the best right now :-)
    02-27-10 08:34 AM

Did you only install the core apps. (core apps, system software, browser, email setup app, phone) or you have add-on apps. installed too?

02-27-10 09:06 AM
    does bbsak not work on windows 7? im running 7 on vmware on my mac to install this baby and when i press connect on bbsak is says theres no device connected but its being recognized by the os because its in the my computer
    bbsak works on Windows 7. I had to remove my BB password though.
    02-27-10 09:31 AM
    The key-lock is found by holding A on the keyboard and unlocked by holding the Mute button.
    But now while holding the Mute button, the phone won't go in Standby Mode but also in Key Lock.. so I think it is still a bug in this OS.
    Anyone else? Does holding down mute not take your phone to standby now?? Thanks
    02-27-10 09:43 AM
    I loaded the s/w last night. So far I think it's the best one but it still has one major flaw. Call quality on 3G is still garbled.

Aside from that, signal strength, app compatibility, battery life (already seems a lot better and performing a battery pull won't rob you of 25% of your battery strength), no lag.

Browsing in edge is super fast and there's very little memory leak so far.

I wiped my phone, then wiped the OS out with BBSAK and then loaded the .509 with BBSAK as well and did a couple of battery pulls before restoring my info.
    02-27-10 10:16 AM
    Upgraded from .464 with no wipe. Download, install, and performance of OS all smooth as butter. Gained a bit more memory and seems to leak a little less and everything functional. I'm BES, and it even did enterprise activation automatically with no password. It also remembered far more of my settings than in past upgrades. No reason not to upgrade to this.
    02-27-10 10:33 AM
    bbsak works on Windows 7. I had to remove my BB password though.
    And you also need to install BlackBerry Desktop Manager, if you don't have it, BBSAK can't connect...

02-27-10 10:34 AM
    My GPS seems right on with UberTwitter & BeWeather.
    02-27-10 10:54 AM
    that's correct. Seems to also enter enter keylock. I've never used Keylock, only mute. Doesn't seem to adversely affect how I use my phone.

BTW - Best OS yet for 9000! Didn't charge last night, just to see how the battery would hold - - very well (half-charge remained). Mem holding, Wifi the quickest it's ever been, 3g seems normal, and the kicker is I have yet to hear any choppy radio noise (happened about 1/5 the time on prior leak). Happy camper, I am!
    02-27-10 11:12 AM
    My wifi is still messed up.

When I turn it on...it takes a long time to turn white.

If I turn off mobile network and leave wifi on...it connects instantly.

Sometimes when I turn wifi off, the icon in white stays there until I reboot.

02-27-10 11:16 AM
    YES, Holding down mute key also take your phone to standby now... So mute key actually doing multitasking job of kb lock as well as standby.

Here is the event logger entry when I hold mute key..
    Name: StandbyManager
    GUID: c55be13edafdeada
    Time: Feb 27, 2010 22:49:20
    Entering standby mode

02-27-10 11:25 AM
    I love pressing the out of the way mute button 6 times to unlock my phone. Much faster than pressing * + send to unlock.... Thanks RIM

02-27-10 11:51 AM
    YES, Holding down mute key also take your phone to standby now... So mute key actually doing multitasking job of kb lock as well as standby.
    that's correct. Seems to also enter enter keylock. I've never used Keylock, only mute. Doesn't seem to adversely affect how I use my phone.

BTW - Best OS yet for 9000! Didn't charge last night, just to see how the battery would hold - - very well (half-charge remained). Mem holding, Wifi the quickest it's ever been, 3g seems normal, and the kicker is I have yet to hear any choppy radio noise (happened about 1/5 the time on prior leak). Happy camper, I am!
    Can someone please explain clearly the new function of the mute key for lock/standby?

On my phone holding down mute puts it in standby and press it again removes standby...if it now locks, does it also do standby as well? And can I not come out of standby without entering a password?
    02-27-10 11:59 AM
    Nimbuzz hasnt worked for me since .314 and still does not work. Does anyone know a workaround to this?? do i need to set something special up for nimbuzz to work on this os?
    02-27-10 12:03 PM
391 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD