I did the same thing. BB abandoned the few remaining users it had. Management there is the WORST!
    05-22-15 11:58 AM
    BB sucks... They just lost another customer. Management at the company is so POOR it is beyond laughable. If they made cars they would screw up the wheel.

BB Traffic and the keyboard was why I still had my curve.
    You're right. The least BlackBerry can do is put a whole team of developers on retooling the entire app (which they need to do because it is a cloud sourced app that no longer has a useful user base, and they need to switch to a new system) to allow the few hundred or so remaining users to continue enjoying this app for free in perpetuity.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    bungaboy and mainely_linux like this.
    05-22-15 12:04 PM
    I think a smarter move would have been for BlackBerry to first port the BlackBerry Traffic app to BB10, and afterward to announce the shutdown of the service for legacy devices. Also providing a way to migrate your BT places over to the BB10 app or at least BlackBerry Maps. I am pretty certain that had they done both of these things, it would have mitigated any customer criticism and provided even more incentive for legacy 9900 users to switch.

You're right. The least BlackBerry can do is put a whole team of developers on retooling the entire app (which they need to do because it is a cloud sourced app that no longer has a useful user base, and they need to switch to a new system) to allow the few hundred or so remaining users to continue enjoying this app for free in perpetuity.
    From where do you get stats like a few hundred or so remaining users? Last I heard there were a high number of legacy users in the millions range.
    05-22-15 12:08 PM
    I think a smarter move would have been for BlackBerry to first port the BlackBerry Traffic app to BB10, and afterward to announce the shutdown of the service for legacy devices. Also providing a way to migrate your BT places over to the BB10 app or at least BlackBerry Maps. I am pretty certain that had they done both of these things, it would have mitigated any customer criticism and provided even more incentive for legacy 9900 users to switch.
    Waze provides far better crowd sourcing traffic info and is already available on BB10. I liked BlackBerry Traffic too, but this thread is ridiculous.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-22-15 12:12 PM
    It's not ridiculous. What is a little ridiculous and with all due respect, is some of the information you are pulling out of your emotional hat. Like the part about a few hundred remaining users. Clearly you don't know what you are talking about.
    05-22-15 12:16 PM
    It's not ridiculous. What is a little ridiculous and with all due respect, is some of the information you are pulling out of your emotional hat. Like the part about a few hundred remaining users. Clearly you don't know what you are talking about.
    Clearly my post was facetious. Only BlackBerry would know the real numbers. Suffice it to say the user base is all using EOL devices, is small and getting smaller quickly.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-22-15 12:26 PM
    Wisepoint says I should drive across town and back to get to destination. 15 miles out of way. Terrible.
    05-22-15 01:10 PM
    So what if anything is option for legacy BB users? Buy an Android phone?
    05-22-15 01:12 PM
    That is a choice. But whining here on CrackBerry is going to get you no wheres, and quickly. How far out of the does Wisepoint say that destination is?
    05-22-15 01:24 PM
    Or get an Apple or BB10. Any modern, non-EOL device will do.

The Palm Pre3 was released the same week as the newest BlackBerry Bold - in Aug 2011. Both OSes were doomed. One dropped mobile entirely, the other is at least taking a crack at staying alive. Which boat would you rather be in?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-22-15 01:47 PM
    Nope, you abandon your customers, you are telling them to look elsewhere. That is what I am hearing.
    No consideration now for BB Classic for me, now I have to join the lemmings with a Droid.
    05-22-15 02:00 PM
    "XP isn't supported anymore, Microsoft is literally Hitler, I'm getting a Mac"

Posted via CB10
    conite likes this.
    05-22-15 02:04 PM
    Yep, I am wasting my time, which basically always happens when you log onto the internet.
    Wisepoint takes me 15 miles out of the way, through and around the entire town. 28 mile trip vs. the 13 mile trip I make everyday. I don't think I could trust them to take me to a destination I don't know. This was just a test but if it screws up this easy one this bad I would be scared to even try using it in a real life situation.
    05-22-15 02:05 PM
    Didn't BB traffic only work in Canada and the US? So the user base really can't be that large.

Having said that, BB could have provided information on an alternative app or something of that sort.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-22-15 02:07 PM
    Apple or Droids boat. BB had a great product, at least 5-8 years ago. Management was incept and the lost out by hesitating. They controlled the smart phone market, then gave it away. Sad as I loved their products and like I said earlier, I bought 9370 curve less than two years ago. Great Traffic App and e-mail features. Since that is what I wanted I was happy. My kids all have Apple and wife as Galaxy. I just don't want a brick in my pocket. Sadly times change.
    05-22-15 02:10 PM
    I tried calling BB. They hung up. That is why I am here. Verizon won't recommend anything. Wisepoint does not seem to work. Looks like I have to check out the Galaxy. Pains me. I would have tried the BB Classic soon, but now F U to BB for what they have done.
    05-22-15 02:14 PM
    Can anybody recommend a good smart phone?
    Since my curve does not have BB Traffic I need a new phone.
    Good for e-mails, with spell check, NOT spell predict. That and size is why I did not switch earlier and bought a new curve.
    GPS, e-mail, and phone are top priorities for me.
    05-22-15 03:07 PM
    That is a choice. But whining here on CrackBerry is going to get you no wheres, and quickly. How far out of the does Wisepoint say that destination is?
    Wisepoint vs Blackberry Traffic, WP, does not lists route options, does not give detailed directions. Seems you just have to believe that where and how they are you sending you is correct. Not sure how voice works either as it is not talking like in BB traffic.
    05-22-15 07:37 PM
    Yeah, I can't believe that BB killed the app and hopes that we will migrate, yet didn't give us a replacement app on the Classic, etc. Does not make business sense. I was going to upgrade to the Classic until I learned there was no point, since I wanted a replacement to Traffic.

I bought an individual Nav unit (Magellen), which promptly had a screen malfunction. I was able to get google maps working, which has some traffic function: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11590955 , but certainly doesn't have all the features that Traffic did.

I never understood why Traffic and BB maps couldn't coordinate - they often gave me different routes to get someplace. A nice integrated app with Traffic features sure would be nice.
    05-22-15 11:28 PM
    Yeah, I can't believe that BB killed the app and hopes that we will migrate, yet didn't give us a replacement app on the Classic, etc. Does not make business sense. I was going to upgrade to the Classic until I learned there was no point, since I wanted a replacement to Traffic.

I bought an individual Nav unit (Magellen), which promptly had a screen malfunction. I was able to get google maps working, which has some traffic function: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11590955 , but certainly doesn't have all the features that Traffic did.

I never understood why Traffic and BB maps couldn't coordinate - they often gave me different routes to get someplace. A nice integrated app with Traffic features sure would be nice.
    Beating a dead horse here, but Google spent a billion dollars acquiring Waze - the single best crowd-sourced traffic app on the planet with by far the largest installed user base by a large margin.

The latest version from Google Play runs great. It provides multiple routes based on current and predicted traffic, and offers full turn by turn voice navigation. Accidents, police traps, construction, and other things to avoid or watch for are clearly indicated too. I'm not sure what else you're looking for.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-23-15 04:57 AM
    Beating a dead horse here, but Google spent a billion dollars acquiring Waze - the single best crowd-sourced traffic app on the planet with by far the largest installed user base by a large margin.

The latest version from Google Play runs great. It provides multiple routes based on current and predicted traffic, and offers full turn by turn voice navigation. Accidents, police traps, construction, and other things to avoid or watch for are clearly indicated too. I'm not sure what else you're looking for.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    "Future Traffic View" and U-Turns would be nice... In Canada we are allowed to make U-Turns at intersections, google maps / here maps / waze don't seem to know this and try to take me 15 minutes out of my way. I don't have enough points so I can't post any links to examples but you can google image search "Future Traffic View" and type these into google maps:

Start: 43.417383, -80.303735
    Destination: 107 Arlington Blvd, Kitchener, ON N2A 2G8

Start: 43.414979, -80.309590
    Destination: 107 Arlington Blvd, Kitchener, ON N2A 2G8

Those 2 routes should make a U-Turn onto the highway at the Pinebush/Franklin intersection. BB Traffic would tell me to do a U-Turn in these cases.
    Last edited by Brett Sanderson; 05-23-15 at 03:15 PM.
    05-23-15 02:58 PM
    I did the same thing. BB abandoned the few remaining users it had. Management there is the WORST!
    BlackBerry thinks the same of you. Abandoning BlackBerry by not upgrading to Classic. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    05-23-15 03:50 PM
122 ... 345