I am talking about all of the above--Not being able to update, as well as the pop-up.

I have also tried the "fix" with changing Home SID and to no avail, it still happens a couple of times a day.

So alas, I love 5.0, just wish Sprint would release something for the Tour to help with the Provisioning Issue.
    Well, that sux (popups several times a day). I have no idea why it happens to some and not others. I think I restored my service books when I upgraded from 4.7 so my PRL stayed at 0. Maybe it's best to downgrade to stock 4.7 from your hybrid, update PRL to the latest one, sync with DM and then upgrade back to 5.0 + hybrid and restore service books after restoring from DM. PRL will be 0 but at least you won't have to deal with popups and AFAIC it does not affect calling.
    12-31-09 10:45 AM
    I'm not sweatin' it! When it comes out, it comes out. And still, I will probably wait a week or two to DL it. Just have to figure that with the long wait and cluster of Tour owners going after it, there will be some issues with it. AS ALWAYS!
    Same here.. An official version will definitely have its own issues and I would like to know whats actually going to be involved before I download it.

When I bought my tour, it came with 4.7.1.40, then I upgraded to 4.7.1.53, 4.7.1.57 and now 4.7.1.61. (and yes, one was a maintenance update) These are all official and all have had and still have an issue for me and others. I get booted out of text input boxes when selecting number lock, as seen here Shift/Alt key kicking out of typing line
    Last edited by dave3825us; 12-31-09 at 11:07 AM.
    12-31-09 10:45 AM
    Well, that sux (popups several times a day). I have no idea why it happens to some and not others. I think I restored my service books when I upgraded from 4.7 so my PRL stayed at 0. Maybe it's best to downgrade to stock 4.7 from your hybrid, update PRL to the latest one, sync with DM and then upgrade back to 5.0 + hybrid and restore service books after restoring from DM. PRL will be 0 but at least you won't have to deal with popups and AFAIC it does not affect calling.
    Again, my demise is the fact that I had the latest PRL before using 5.0.....I love 5.0 and going back to 4.7 is not an option. A good game of Devil's Advocate....
    12-31-09 10:48 AM
    It's out.

No it's not...just kidding.

Made you look, though.
    12-31-09 11:39 AM
    ROFL......nice!
    12-31-09 12:02 PM
    Here's the correct way to deal with waiting for an official launch of OS 5.0:

1) Install and load 5.0.0.230 on your Tour 9630.
    2) Realize there's nothing special about it and you've wasted so much hope on what you expected it to bring.
    3) Continue living your life.
    12-31-09 12:09 PM

2) Realize there's nothing special about it and you've wasted so much hope on what you expected it to bring.

Been there done that, love it, minus the outlined issue.

Thanks for playing.
    12-31-09 12:19 PM
    The ONLY thing I will say is particularly useful about 5.0 is the lack of 552 errors. I will keep .230 loaded for that reason alone.
    12-31-09 12:22 PM

yeah thats how I feel about 5.0 already on my Tour. I'm bored to death of it already. I'm waiting for 5.1 or higher now!
    12-31-09 12:27 PM
    i dont see the big deal in the 5.0 release. i am running .61 and have NO problems with the phone at all...no battery leak, memory issues, signal issues, .552 run exceptions, etc. With the excpetion of being able to say we have an official 5.0, what really is the big deal. the only thing i am waiting on it for is the new sms feature - But other than that i dont really see the necessity other than being able to say i have the latest version out. I'd rather see a new OS with some actual immprovements, and new mods to IMPROVE the phone. I had a storm prior to this tour, and could not wait day in and day out for a new OS - but that was because the phone had so many issues! My tour for one, has been flawless. I guess I'm just prone to the motto, if it's not broke don't fix it.
    Last edited by nikekix; 12-31-09 at 12:36 PM. Reason: mispelling
    12-31-09 12:35 PM
    i dont see the big deal in the 5.0 release. i am running .61 and have NO problems with the phone at all...no battery leak, memory issues, signal issues, .552 run exceptions, etc. With the excpetion of being able to say we have an official 5.0, what really is the big deal. the only thing i am waiting on it for is the new sms feature - But other than that i dont really see the necessity other than being able to say i have the latest version out. I'd rather see a new OS with some actual immprovements, and new mods to IMPROVE the phone. I had a storm prior to this tour, and could not wait day in and day out for a new OS - but that was because the phone had so many issues! My tour for one, has been flawless. I guess I'm just prone to the motto, if it's not broke don't fix it.
    Have you ran 5.0? Based on your response, is it safe to assume--no?
    12-31-09 12:56 PM
    New features aside, the performance increase is incredible. How can someone not see the big deal in that?
    12-31-09 01:19 PM
    Have you ran 5.0? Based on your response, is it safe to assume--no?

yes i ran a 5.0 hybrid on my device for about a week. for the most part it was smooth, but did have some glitches and i'd just prefer to have a glitch free phone until the bugs have been worked out. Now it may have been the version i downloaded but from my experience it wasn't a huge upgrade.

what advantages do you see?
    12-31-09 01:46 PM
    Speak of the devil...just now my precious, innovative, game-changing threaded SMS has stopped working. I can longer open up my texts. I can only see the first three words. Awesome!
    12-31-09 01:56 PM
    I can see if you just installed the base you would only see marginal gains. Install 7.15 over it and enjoy.
    12-31-09 01:57 PM
    yes i ran a 5.0 hybrid on my device for about a week. for the most part it was smooth, but did have some glitches and i'd just prefer to have a glitch free phone until the bugs have been worked out. Now it may have been the version i downloaded but from my experience it wasn't a huge upgrade.

what advantages do you see?
    As listed, no ranking intended:

Load meter on boot
    Threaded sms
    More control over ringer profiles--being able to change default profiles
    Vibrate while ring, standard
    Web browsing is faster, although not super, but much better
    OS operation smoother
    Better reaction time
    Activate theme option after install
    Change theme from wallpaper options
    This one could just be a fluke, but it fells like the screen resolution is better.

Now don't take my list as that being it, I just didn't take the time to think of all of them.

The only negative effect I have experienced based on my use:

PRL resetting to 0
    Phone provisioning randomly after a phone call although it is sporadic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bigbad614; 12-31-09 at 04:38 PM.
    12-31-09 04:20 PM
    I'm now betting on Valentines day..... maybe we should start a pool and the winner gets a new Essex...LOL. I really don't care when they release it, just so it is de-bugged (some what) before they do. Happy New Year to all the fellow CB'ers!!
    01-01-10 06:21 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD