So much for that happening.........
    12-31-09 07:49 AM
    Imagine that!! LMOA. But wait,, we still have till Midnight,, theres still time.
    12-31-09 07:51 AM
    Yeah, what a joke. The Tour is RIM/VZW/Sprint's red-headed stepchild...
    12-31-09 07:53 AM
    Who said it was being released in 2009?
    12-31-09 07:54 AM
    it shouldn't be long since the tour 2 is so close to being released
    12-31-09 07:56 AM
    I'm confused as well? I'm glad I have bbOSalert though!
    12-31-09 08:00 AM
    As can be expected, BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 will fall before the end of the year, as referenced in the “RIM Launches BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0″ press release that was issued at WES 2009.

* BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 is scheduled to be available later this year.
    12-31-09 08:03 AM
    Well unless rim has figured out the secret to seeing into the future, something may have come up. Her is my question for all the impatient peeps out there, would you rather have a shoty bugggy slow 5.0 now, or wait a few extra weeks for the best product rim can release?
    12-31-09 08:15 AM
    Well unless rim has figured out the secret to seeing into the future, something may have come up. Her is my question for all the impatient peeps out there, would you rather have a shoty bugggy slow 5.0 now, or wait a few extra weeks for the best product rim can release?
    Do not ask the same trivial question that is asked everytime this comes up........If they are releasing it for other devices..........there is not much difference between devices/OS's. That's like Apple or Microsoft releasing MacOS/Windows for only certain computers.........

Give me a break........
    12-31-09 08:18 AM
    May I note the crappy .303!
    12-31-09 08:18 AM
    theres always going to be one Cry baby out of the bunch....
    12-31-09 08:19 AM
    There's no crying........It's called being a consumer--one who uses a product and will critique it.......

It's funny how when someone puts out a statement that isn't positive, there is always some gimp that wants to respond with "cry baby."

Nice....
    12-31-09 08:22 AM
    The majority of these posts will stop if user's would just invest in bbOSalert, it will calm your nerves down quite a bit.

Here is the link: bbOSalert - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Patience is a virtue!
    12-31-09 08:23 AM
    The majority of these posts will stop if user's would just invest in bbOSalert, it will calm your nerves down quite a bit.

Here is the link: bbOSalert - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Last time I checked---forums were used for conversations.......God forbid there be a conversation about this....

One would think that everyone here works for or has a relative that works for RIM........

Don't be so defensive.....
    12-31-09 08:26 AM
    Released tonight or even months from now I bet it is still gonna be buggy as ****. Or at leaast that how it was with the official storm 5.0.328 software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 08:29 AM
    Last time I checked---forums were used for conversations.......God forbid there be a conversation about this....

One would think that everyone here works for or has a relative that works for RIM........

Me work for RIM or have a relative work for RIM, um....sorry I don't have the connections nor am I intelligent enough to work for them. I use that app and it really does help calm the nerves and time spent on different forums looking for info on the next release of an official/hybrid/leaked OS.

How was I being defensive, please explain? I was trying to be nice and letting those who didn't know about this app to look into it.
    Last edited by Tripster; 12-31-09 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Dur!
    12-31-09 08:32 AM
    There's no crying........It's called being a consumer--one who uses a product and will critique it.......

It's funny how when someone puts out a statement that isn't positive, there is always some gimp that wants to respond with "cry baby."

Nice....
    if you want 5.0 so bad.. just download it! whats the big deal??
    12-31-09 08:33 AM
    if you want 5.0 so bad.. just download it! whats the big deal??
    I am actually using irtehun's 5.0 v7.15/191 radio.
    Thanks for the info...

It would be nice to use it and not have provisioning issues.

This thread was not started for me to start an argument, nor was it intended to just b!tch and moan. It was intended for anyone to vent.

If I have offended anyone, please accept my apologies.
    12-31-09 08:47 AM
    you got that right dude, better wait couple month's then get some lame bugged out 5.0 O.S.
    12-31-09 10:01 AM
    you got that right dude, better wait couple month's then get some lame bugged out 5.0 O.S.
    Very true. The version of OS 5 that the Storm 2 shipped with wasn't exactly top notch. It had its fair share of bugs. The latest leak seems to have taken care of all that, but my point is that just because a version was official, doesn't mean it's perfect.

On a side note, I'm betting that anyone who's been on these forums saying "I heard from a rep that OS 5 will be released on such and such date....." will never be seen or heard from again on these boards.
    12-31-09 10:25 AM
    would you rather have a shoty bugggy slow 5.0 now, or wait a few extra weeks for the best product rim can release?

you mean after vzw screws it up?
    12-31-09 10:25 AM
    I am actually using irtehun's 5.0 v7.15/191 radio.
    Thanks for the info...

It would be nice to use it and not have provisioning issues.

This thread was not started for me to start an argument, nor was it intended to just b!tch and moan. It was intended for anyone to vent.

If I have offended anyone, please accept my apologies.
    Are you talking about that PRL popup problem that some have been having? Or not being able to update Sprint PRL? I'm running a v11 hybrid and can't update the PRL, but it doesn't affect my calling in the least. Soooo... while it would be nice to have an official 5.0 now, I don't care all that much as things are pretty good with leaked 5.0 now that most of the major app developers finally warmed up to it. It's important to see the half full side of the glass... on that note, happy New Year!
    12-31-09 10:27 AM
    [COLOR=Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]The majority of these posts will stop if user's would just invest in bbOSalert, it will calm your nerves down quite a bit.
    I cant see myself "buying" an app to tell me things that will be all over this forum in seconds.

I wish I worked for rim
    Last edited by dave3825us; 12-31-09 at 10:44 AM.
    12-31-09 10:35 AM
    I'm not sweatin' it! When it comes out, it comes out. And still, I will probably wait a week or two to DL it. Just have to figure that with the long wait and cluster of Tour owners going after it, there will be some issues with it. AS ALWAYS!
    12-31-09 10:35 AM
    Are you talking about that PRL popup problem that some have been having? Or not being able to update Sprint PRL? I'm running a v11 hybrid and can't update the PRL, but it doesn't affect my calling in the least. Soooo... while it would be nice to have an official 5.0 now, I don't care all that much as things are pretty good with leaked 5.0 now that most of the major app developers finally warmed up to it. It's important to see the half full side of the glass... on that note, happy New Year!
    I am talking about all of the above--Not being able to update, as well as the pop-up.

I have also tried the "fix" with changing Home SID and to no avail, it still happens a couple of times a day.

So alas, I love 5.0, just wish Sprint would release something for the Tour to help with the Provisioning Issue.

I have had this issue from the beginning of the 5.0 leaks.
    Last edited by bigbad614; 12-31-09 at 10:45 AM.
    12-31-09 10:40 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD