Hey Everyone,

Downloaded from current Verizon official to 5.0 today and it's a HUGE improvement. My ONLY gripe so far, and I needed to know if anyone has the same issue, is the face that for messages I can't use my uploaded tones. Anyone else have the same issue? I've noticed that there is a "Files" file cabinet located in the Applications folder, and I looked up a tone that is acceptable for an alert (such as a text message) and the extension is .m4a instead of .mp3.

That being said, I use Audacity on my Mac to make my ringtones. Can I export as .m4a on these? If not, where can I make my own tones and save as .m4a?

If you haven't upgraded to 5.0, now is the chance. Do a backup on desktop manager and download it. It's worth it!

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

-brilor04
    01-07-10 10:39 PM
    Quicktime Pro can export m4a files from mp3s.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-07-10 11:16 PM
    Ok. I converted a file in itunes to "apple lossless" and it is saved as a m4a. I sent it to my tour and got it in the ringtones. Went to change the tone for my SMS and it still said invalid tone. If all the others are m4a what's the issue? Anybody know how to fix this?

Also, if you haven't d/l 5.0 yet, I'd suggest backing up your contacts for free with google sync or some other way, because it didn't bring my contacts over and I also had to d/l bberry messenger too. Still lovin it though. Seems quicker, verizon zen ACTUALLY looks good now. Psyched for some 5.0 themes though!

Thanks,

-brlior04

01-08-10 07:19 AM
    Hey Everyone,

Downloaded from current Verizon official to 5.0 today and it's a HUGE improvement. If you haven't upgraded to 5.0, now is the chance. Do a backup on desktop manager and download it. It's worth it!
    Is this official now? 5.0 is out for VZW Tour?
    01-08-10 08:26 AM
    No. Its not official yet. D/l the "unofficial" one and its very good. No issues yt at all

01-08-10 08:28 AM
    Sorry. I misread your intial post and got very excited!
    01-08-10 08:30 AM
    Actually everyone, I just got a phone call and learned none of the ringtones are working. Anyone know why the OS wouldn't accept mp3's as ringtones anymore? If not what would it take? Anyone who's already d/l this help me out! Thanks

-brilor04

01-08-10 10:00 AM
    What's weird is I've done tons of battery pulls deleting and installing programs since installing the new OS. However, I did a battery pull today and all of a sudden everything works. Mega weird. So if you're having issues with a program give it time to settle in and try a battery pull each day.

-brilor04

01-09-10 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD