Hi ,

I have downloaded Blackberry protect for my wife and her 8520 on O2. It all went well up till the point where it asks you to do your backup to the server. When trying to do this it said that it couldn't as the feature wasn't supported by her network or network plan. So basically what I am asking is does anybody know what Blackberry protect needs that she might not be getting? She currently has one of the Simplicity monthly tariffs but it has all the right Blackberry add ons as far as I know, all her emails and BBM work ok. I jst want to try and get an idea what might be wrong before I start getting fed rubbish by the network.

Thanks

Andrew

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 08:12 PM
    I have the same problem on my torch, and it says you data plan doesnt support the service. i am currently on the 24month �25 plan with 500 mins.

its absolute ****, if they are not allowin us to use the service, i shall be calling them later today, hopin to sort it out... hopefully it all goes well, else i might consider cancelling my contract.
    03-21-11 09:40 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Its really odd because I am on Orange with a 9700 and its working brilliantly. But its good to know that she is not alone and its not something I have done to her phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 12:50 AM
    i called O2 and they wernt a bit helpful realli, they keep sayin its not their problem and they have never heard of it, they also have no idea what to do about it.
    03-22-11 11:54 AM
    Further info has come out on this issue. There has been a discussion in the o2 forum and it seems that while their is no solution yet the answer seems to lie in the sim card. It seems that if you have a older sim card then its not letting the BB protect connect to something to allow the back up.
    03-23-11 04:55 AM
    03-23-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD