Im a UK user and have protect installed ok.
    Just cant use the website which is lame
    03-05-11 12:04 PM
    Look at Post #3.
    03-05-11 12:12 PM
    Look at Post #3.
    umm why? ive already got in installed
    03-05-11 12:14 PM

Strange, I live in the United Arab Emirates, Middle East that is, and I can use it just fine
    03-05-11 12:33 PM
    finally installed! looks great. Oh well I needed to wipe the BB anyway!
    03-05-11 12:41 PM
    great app gotta say
    03-05-11 12:41 PM
    I still don't understand. It's telling me I'm on a BES, but my 9550 is not. Am I missing a setting or something? Anyone?
    Did you get your berry new or did you buy it used?
    03-05-11 01:47 PM
    I guess I will have to install App World to get this, since no one seems to be able to help me with the error message I get when using the OTA link given.

EDIT: Works flawless through App World, so something is up with the OTA linked here on some devices.
    Last edited by BlackBerry Brian; 03-05-11 at 02:33 PM.
    03-05-11 01:48 PM
    it's not working in vodafone in . I already add my device to my account but , in website havent my device
    03-05-11 02:50 PM
    Did you get your berry new or did you buy it used?
    I actually got it used from a girl i work with, and to my knowledge it has never been on a BES. Also, I have wiped it many times during numerous OS upgrades and hybrid installs.

If it had ever been on a BES how would I remove that since my company does not have one anyway. Thanks for the help.
    03-05-11 02:51 PM
    Also from a non-supported country, so my device also doesn't show up on the site. Any news about a fix?
    03-05-11 03:33 PM
    Bold 9700 OS 6 - Telling me that I'm on BES but I'm not using BES. HELP!!
    03-05-11 03:59 PM
    Bold 9700 OS 6 - Telling me that I'm on BES but I'm not using BES. HELP!!
    Same problem here. Anyone have a solution?
    03-05-11 04:10 PM
    Working great here for me. Pretty basic, but damn it works slick. Not too keen on it using BBID though.
    03-05-11 05:00 PM
    I wonder who has client ID 1. Mine is in the 9000 range.
    03-05-11 05:01 PM
    I actually got it used from a girl i work with, and to my knowledge it has never been on a BES. Also, I have wiped it many times during numerous OS upgrades and hybrid installs.

If it had ever been on a BES how would I remove that since my company does not have one anyway. Thanks for the help.
    You can use BBSAK to remove IT policies I think.
    03-05-11 05:41 PM

My experience is something like yours. Used VZW 9650 purchased from Ebay. I activated on a BIS $30 plan. I dont know if the seller used it on BES or not. I upgraded mine to 6.0.0.431 a few weeks ago. Is it possible some BES files/settings survived the upgrade?
    03-05-11 05:51 PM
    You can use BBSAK to remove IT policies I think.
    Thanks. There have been no other suggestions, so I'll give it a shot a littler later and report back.
    03-05-11 06:46 PM
    Thanks. There have been no other suggestions, so I'll give it a shot a littler later and report back.
    You may need to be careful when you restore your backup after the wipe. From what I've been researching in other forums, you have to be careful you don't restore the IT policy along with all your other apps, files, and settings. Good luck.
    03-05-11 07:22 PM
    I've installed BlackBerry Protect v1.0.10.25 from BlackBerry App World and I doesn't run on my BlackBerry Bold 9700 o.s. v6.0.0.448.

When it runs I receive an error message:

Error starting net_rim_bb_dryad:gui: Error loading module
    'net_rim_bb_dryad_gui' VerifyError.

Thanks for your help.

Pablo - Buenos Aires - ARGENTINA
    03-06-11 01:13 PM
    I wonder who has client ID 1. Mine is in the 9000 range.
    Mine's in the 4000 range, It would be pretty cool if someone on CB got client ID 1.

More on-topic, I love this app. I don't plan on losing my phone, but no one ever does. It's nice to know I can lock/wipe/locate it, if I ever do lose it, or if it's just lost in my house, that loud and annoying ringer will definitely help me find it. Everything works awesome, so I'm assuming the wipe works. Someone else can test the wipe :P
    03-06-11 01:46 PM
    If your getting the BES error and your on BIS data plan with your carrier your going to have to reset your BB. Blackberry protect loads fine after you reset.

Be sure to do a backup. Be careful to backup only your PIM and app data. If you do a full backup you may just wind up restoring the IT policy your trying to get rid of.

I did a full disaster backup with BB desktop. Then I did a custom backup, again with BB desktop checking only PIM, app, and data options. (Some options had me scratching my head, but a quick Google search helped to sort it out) I named it 9650_custom to differentiate it from the full backup.

Next I used BBSAK to wipe and reset the handheld (I even did 3rd party app backup. Not necessary but I like being safe). That took 20mins. I reinstalled my custom backup. Everything is running fine....and what do you know Blackberry Protect is now working

EDIT: I got a message directly on twitter from 'Obi' on the Crackberry staff. To see if you have IT policy in place Go to options>status and type 'buyr'
    Last edited by CarFan; 03-06-11 at 03:22 PM.
    03-06-11 01:47 PM
    I've tried downloading from the OS5 link to my Bold 9000 and keep getting a "Download Failed: 907 Invalid COD" error. Anyone else experiencing this?
    03-06-11 07:41 PM
    Same here in Germany.
    Installation on Torch without problems.
    Can up-/download my backups but be unable to use the webface on the blackberry-site.
    Login - ok, but no device, no data, no location tracking possible.

I think the service will offic. start in europe on the 19. March 2011... afaik, still waiting.
    03-07-11 07:09 AM
    Same in Italy.
    App installed without any problem but web site not found my device connected.
    03-07-11 07:40 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD