Or they will just take the battery out straight away. Uh ohh.

Anyways, I have installed the app on my phone, signed in with my Blackberry ID and done a backup. However, when I sign into the portal with the same ID, it shows that no devices have been linked to the account. Weird?
    In my opinion, is something with the carriers. In my case, I have Personal in Argentina, and all people at Personal that want to use it, get the same situation at the web page.
    03-06-11 11:54 AM
    Is no one else having the issues of being told it can't install because you're on a BES, but you're not? Is there an easy way to remove the IT policy that might be causing a problem?
    03-06-11 01:34 PM
    Is no one else having the issues of being told it can't install because you're on a BES, but you're not? Is there an easy way to remove the IT policy that might be causing a problem?
    I have read it but not sure if anyone found a fix yet...
    03-06-11 01:41 PM
    150mb limited data plan on verizon. gives me the same error others have seen: service plan not supported. Oh well. I'm 100% not upgrading to the unlimited data plan so I guess I won't be using this app unless vzw allows it.
    03-06-11 01:59 PM
    This worked for me. It's post #47 in the thread. Give it a try.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bl...ml#post6111363
    03-06-11 02:19 PM
    Or they will just take the battery out straight away. Uh ohh.

Anyways, I have installed the app on my phone, signed in with my Blackberry ID and done a backup. However, when I sign into the portal with the same ID, it shows that no devices have been linked to the account. Weird?
    Welcome to this exclusive club. Nobody seems to have a clue for this.
    03-06-11 02:39 PM
    played with it a bit and its pretty cool. You can find where it is, insert a message, put a loud ringer on so if you lost it somewhere you can definitely hear it, lock it and create a password for it and wipe it?

Don't know how comfortable I would be if a person stole it and I just walked to their house and said "I know you have my phone, its a BB Bold 9700, now can I have it back please?"
    03-06-11 02:51 PM
    200mb data plan on AT&T, and it works. Really nice so far. I hope that I don't need to use it.
    there are other features aside from the wipe option that i think can come in handy.
    one is the set to LOUD ring, imagine looking for your phone and you don't have any idea on which part of the house you left it..you can use that.. if you don't have another phone in the house to call YOUR phone.
    03-06-11 03:33 PM
    there are other features aside from the wipe option that i think can come in handy.
    one is the set to LOUD ring, imagine looking for your phone and you don't have any idea on which part of the house you left it..you can use that.. if you don't have another phone in the house to call YOUR phone.
    It is more helpful than calling your phone because if you have the phone on silent, calling it will not help.
    03-06-11 04:05 PM
    Can you have multiple devices associated with the same account? I noticed on the Protect web page, there is a listing for "My Devices".

Mike
    03-06-11 04:13 PM
    Can you have multiple devices associated with the same account? I noticed on the Protect web page, there is a listing for "My Devices".

Mike
    yea just use the same user id for each device when setting up the app.
    03-06-11 04:16 PM
    I kinda dissapointed at RIM because they didn't post BB protec for Venezuela, even when we represent more than 30% of the sales in south-america u.u Anyway, can't wait to put my hands on it...
    03-06-11 04:31 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by otongtea View Post
    I am on T-mo 200MB plan and I get this error msg :"Your wireless service plan does not include Blackberry Protect."

Does anybody have the same problem on T-Mo 200MB plan?
    I'm getting the same problem on Verizon's 150 plan
    same here on VZW
    03-06-11 06:34 PM
    Nice, works awesome on my Torch!
    03-06-11 06:59 PM
    Seamus others have posted the same comment. I too have the same issue. I have installed/reinstalled, installed on wifi, done battrey pull - nothing works.

The only thing I can think of is are the folks who are having this also use redirector? I use it to transfer my office email. The only thing i have not done is remove that. Not sure how I do this though. If anyone knows, let me know, that way I will try it out and if it is the issue than at least we know what the problem.
    03-06-11 07:36 PM
    Okay, have a question, does anyone know if the pictures you have set on your contacts are backed up as well?
    a few months ago, i was using BB protect in beta. i recall i deleted a contact on purpose, then restored through the app. it perfectly restored the one missing contact and their facebook pic that was linked to the contact. so im guessing it should.

also, i have a friend that used to have a blackberry and BBM. his BBM pic was associated to my contact list. even though he no longer has a BB or BBM and his contact pic isnt saved on my phone anywhere, the pic still shows as his contact pic. so i would imagine it should be backed up and retored correctly.
    03-06-11 08:47 PM
    I'm on Sprint and I got it downloaded and installed with no problems. BB Protect found my phone (within 3300 meters because it is inside) and I decided not to try the loud ring feature since my wife is right beside me trying to read. But it backed up everything fine and it seems to be working with no problems so far.

In case it matters: I couldn't update my device info for some reason tonite, but I am running OS6 on a BB Style - NOT the Curve. The curve was a couple of phones ago now.
    Last edited by mattb62; 03-06-11 at 09:00 PM. Reason: correction
    03-06-11 08:47 PM
    I kinda dissapointed at RIM because they didn't post BB protec for Venezuela, even when we represent more than 30% of the sales in south-america u.u Anyway, can't wait to put my hands on it...
    i wouldn't worry about that..the whole thing is still in Beta,
    i am confident that they'll be offering this feature to every country where they sell a blackberry.
    other thing to consider is the talk between RIM and the Carriers in your country..that maybe a possible explanation on why Venezuela is not included in the Beta.
    03-06-11 08:59 PM
    Seamus others have posted the same comment. I too have the same issue. I have installed/reinstalled, installed on wifi, done battrey pull - nothing works.

The only thing I can think of is are the folks who are having this also use redirector? I use it to transfer my office email. The only thing i have not done is remove that. Not sure how I do this though. If anyone knows, let me know, that way I will try it out and if it is the issue than at least we know what the problem.

Seamus76, I too am having the same issue.

Gokulesh, my phone doesn't have a redirector on it for office mail. This is a personal phone for me, never been on a BES and I am getting this error. FARK!
    03-06-11 08:59 PM
    Awesome, went smooth and tested all features.
    03-06-11 09:22 PM
    This is a great app!!
    03-06-11 11:14 PM
    Welcome to this exclusive club. Nobody seems to have a clue for this.
    In my case, I just realised that it's only being release on the 19th in my region I think that's the problem for me.
    03-06-11 11:47 PM
    Seamus76, I too am having the same issue.

Gokulesh, my phone doesn't have a redirector on it for office mail. This is a personal phone for me, never been on a BES and I am getting this error. FARK!
    The easiest way to fix this is as follows.

1. Backup your phone using Desktop Manager
    2. Download JL_Cmder (Google it, can't post the hyperlink)
    3. Plug in your phone, and run JL_Cmder, choose "restore factory settings"
    4. Once your phone is restored, use Desktop Manager to restore your contacts, settings, etc... but do not restore everything, you don't want to re-add the BES or IT Service books.

This should work, worked my GF's phone, she was on BES previously.
    JtotheV likes this.
    03-07-11 12:13 AM
    I cannot download the COD files via the jad. Can some kind soul upload the COD files here?

Thanks!
    03-07-11 02:06 AM
    a few months ago, i was using BB protect in beta. i recall i deleted a contact on purpose, then restored through the app. it perfectly restored the one missing contact and their facebook pic that was linked to the contact. so im guessing it should.

also, i have a friend that used to have a blackberry and BBM. his BBM pic was associated to my contact list. even though he no longer has a BB or BBM and his contact pic isnt saved on my phone anywhere, the pic still shows as his contact pic. so i would imagine it should be backed up and retored correctly.
    Thanks for the reply, I just updated to the Telus Official Release of OS 6 for my Bold 9700 and did the restore and perfect, all contact pics remain! Which means BYE BYE Google Sync! No longer a need for it!

Very pleased with this app so far! It's incredible. Works fantastic! Does everything is says BUT the locator is VERY slow and sometimes in accurate from my basement apartment. I know that happens, but scares me if I do actually have my BB stolen!
    Last edited by mhinc; 03-08-11 at 10:45 AM.
    03-07-11 05:34 AM
235 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD