When I locate device it doesnt give address?? The Sprint total protection app gives the exact address anyone else notice this?
    To locate the phone you would need to know where the mapped location is. Even just the municipality and State would be a great feature...hopefully that will come along soon enough. If they are using a Bing map and able to pinpoint the device, they clearly have the capability to reveal the sddress location as per the map used.
    03-05-11 06:56 PM
    Does not work with encryption enabled. How lame is that. I love having encryption enabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 06:59 PM
    That is the key because it is still in beta so we hope it does nothing but get better.
    Yeah definitely, but like someone else said, there is no password to get into the app so anyone who steals your phone could easily just delete the app. Granted i don't think most thieves are smart enough to do that, but if they done then u are one unlucky sob lol ha ha.

I need that feature cause i know i am very forgetful at times and i know im gonna need that feature one day.

Smrt Guard is my choice until RIM matures this app. Hope everyone elses finds great use with it though
    03-05-11 07:00 PM
    �.� this service doesn't work with tmo

03-05-11 07:11 PM
    �.� this service doesn't work with tmo

Huh? Yes it does. But, not if you have a 200MB plan.
    03-05-11 07:15 PM
    Me to, It says I have no devices set up/

I've tried reinstalling it a second time, but still no joy. Anyone got any ideas how to solve it?
    The same thing with me: have reinstalled the application, registered, made my fist backup, received all messages of success but still not recognized in the web site. Too bad and frustrating.
    03-05-11 08:09 PM
    The same thing with me: have reinstalled the application, registered, made my fist backup, received all messages of success but still not recognized in the web site. Too bad and frustrating.
    Where are you located because support is:

March 5th (North America / Latin America)
    March 19th (EMEA)
    April 2nd (Asia Pacific)
    03-05-11 08:15 PM
    Where are you located because support is:
    Located in Chile, Latin America. May be my carrier... but my device does finds the backups that has uploaded. So it works at least one way, phone to RIM server.
    03-05-11 08:23 PM
    I did all the tests. Sent the phone a message and it took away my phone wallpaper and my BeWeather on my home page.
    03-05-11 09:46 PM
    I am on T-mo 200MB plan and I get this error msg :"Your wireless service plan does not include Blackberry Protect."

Does anybody have the same problem on T-Mo 200MB plan?
    I'm getting the same problem on Verizon's 150 plan
    i have tmobile too and having the same problem. i am in the u.s. and i have a bb bold 9700.
    I'm on VZW with the 150mb plan and I'm having the same problem. I already called the carrier, tweeted to @BlackBerryHelp, and sent feedback relaying my complete and utter disgust at the fact I can't take advantage of this application unless I have an unlimited plan. I called VZW, and they confirmed after speaking to RIM that I am required to have the unlimited BIS plan, and I assume the same is true for TMO.

I'm blown away that a company that touts the data efficiency of it's platform, and makes it clear that you can use a lower priced data plan the majority of the time when you use a BB, will not let you use this service unless you have the unlimited data plan on two of the top 5 US cellular carriers, with VZW being the largest.

I've loved my BB forever, and I've always been an advocate for the platform and what it offers. I feel burned by RIM with this one, I'm not happy right now. It's not enough to cause me to want to switch platforms, but it certainly makes me confused and angry.
    03-05-11 10:18 PM
    Huh? Yes it does. But, not if you have a 200MB plan.
    I have a unlimited data plan

Edit: after much trial and error I got it to work on my tmo 9700 now ill try to get it working on 9650
    Last edited by Suprah; 03-05-11 at 11:24 PM.
    03-05-11 11:04 PM
    It sounds like the same app as smrtguard I have been paying 2.99 a month for this service and if it works the same and is free ill be using this app and getting ride of smrtguard. there are a few features that smrtguard has that i like. like anti spam and virus and sim guard
    03-06-11 12:30 AM
    downloaded the app to my 9000, won't run though, says its not compatible with enterprise server. i'm on bis though....
    same problem
    03-06-11 12:37 AM
    I installed BB protect on my 9700 and I got an error message that this service doesn't work on a BES, but I am not on a BES! I am running OS6. Can someone help me with this?
    I have the same problem
    03-06-11 12:46 AM
    Pretty damn awesome!
    03-06-11 01:30 AM
    I hope the BB protect portal will work soon here in Europe, I can't wait!!
    03-06-11 02:27 AM
    http://n4bb.com/4648/blackberry-prot...se-dates-outed

looks like they were wrong on this one.
    03-06-11 02:54 AM
    I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina and in both phones, the BB 9700 (OS 6 .461 beta) and with the BB 8520 OS 5 official), in web page still get "There are no devices associated with your account".
    Same carrier for both (Telecom Personal).
    Is the carrier? I found three cases with same problem and same carrier.
    Any idea?
    Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by willywall; 03-06-11 at 06:24 AM. Reason: more info
    03-06-11 04:49 AM
    Why is Verizon not allowing BlackBerry Protect to work with its 150 MB data plan? The program can be set to allow uploads only when on Wi-Fi, so what is the point? Is Verizon merely trying to get people to go to its unlimited data plan when there is otherwise no reason to do so?
    03-06-11 06:47 AM
    Okay, have a question, does anyone know if the pictures you have set on your contacts are backed up as well?
    03-06-11 06:49 AM
    I went through the same thing earlier this morning. Apparently RIM has not provisioned the app for use by those who have "limited" data plans. (Common assumption is that this means under 2GB of data.) Regardless of whether you have wifi or not, the app supposedly will not work unless you upgrade to an unlimited/higher rate plan.

Personally, I find this ridiculous. Simply because I'm responsible with my data and refuse to pay for more than I use, I don't get protection and the chance to be equally responsible with my Blackberry? I understand that remote wipes and backups to a remote server handle a LOT of data, but if I've got a wifi connection and I'm willing to participate, I don't think it's up to RIM to make that call.

Sorry folks, big thumbs down from me.
    I am on the 500MB plan with Telus and mine works perfect. So Telus isn't limiting it's users.
    03-06-11 06:58 AM
    Okay, have a question, does anyone know if the pictures you have set on your contacts are backed up as well?
    Not specified:

03-06-11 07:32 AM
    It appears that Buddy Guard or one of the other paid apps would be a better option, plus a regular desktop backup schedule.

RIM failed again.

Although BB Travel seems like a nice addition.
    03-06-11 07:36 AM
    It appears that Buddy Guard or one of the other paid apps would be a better option, plus a regular desktop backup schedule.

RIM failed again.

Although BB Travel seems like a nice addition.
    How has RIM failed? The product is still is beta and can only improve....
    03-06-11 07:43 AM
    I am on the 500MB plan with Telus and mine works perfect. So Telus isn't limiting it's users.
    I'm on an unlimited plan from TELUS but my wife is on the 500MB plan with them also, and it's working great on both our phones.

Seems to me if some have it working on plans that are not unlimited, and other's aren't, that it's more likely the Service Providers that are limiting the app, not RIM. Either that or RIM has hand picked which providers of limited plans they will allow and which they won't, which doesn't seem likely to me at all.

Mike
    03-06-11 07:54 AM
235 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD