I am on T-mo 200MB plan and I get this error msg :"Your wireless service plan does not include Blackberry Protect."

Does anybody have the same problem on T-Mo 200MB plan?
    03-05-11 02:59 PM
    Well I installed this app and did a battery pull and I can't see any of my BBM contacts at all. I get indications that I have a message and the only way to check them is to check it through messages. When I do a search in BBM I can see contacts but the entire list is gone. Did 2 wipes and all came back but as soon as I do a pull it comes up with an error. Can't remember what it says but this has messed up my BBM. I will try and take a pic of the error message and post it but my BBM is messed up. Im on a Storm 2 using OS 1015. Anybody have the same issues?
    Are you using Leaked or Beta BBM? This is not related to BB Protect it happens on BBM v.6, Beta Zone version and latest leaked extracted from .481. Not on official one. Try few battery pulls list comes back.
    03-05-11 03:02 PM
    My device doesn't seems to be associated with Blackberry Protect. How can this be done? It just doesn't show up on the BB Protect site.
    03-05-11 03:23 PM
    I am on T-mo 200MB plan and I get this error msg :"Your wireless service plan does not include Blackberry Protect."

I'm getting the same problem on Verizon's 150 plan
    03-05-11 03:34 PM
    Are you using Leaked or Beta BBM? This is not related to BB Protect it happens on BBM v.6, Beta Zone version and latest leaked extracted from .481. Not on official one. Try few battery pulls list comes back.

No leaked version of BBM here. I got a Storm 2 so I couldn't upgrade to BBM v6 if I wanted to. This happened right after I installed BlackBerry Protect all 3 times and did a batter pull. Telling me something about a phone error(51) so its terminating the connection or some crap along those lines. I might just have to wipe the phone and don't bother with the app. I dunno but its frustrating.
    03-05-11 03:43 PM
    Any word on if we can download these backups and add them to those from desktop manager? Or a possible update to DM that automatically downloads any backups from the app? Also, NO Encryption support?
    03-05-11 03:45 PM
    The backups are only available online. No compatibility with DM.

I have 500 mb from Bell Mobility. Works perfectly, both online and on the device.

Those that are saying they are told their plan does not support it: do you live in one of the currently supported countries?
    03-05-11 03:49 PM
    It doesn't work with device memory encryption, making it worthless for me.
    +1

Why would RIM make something called PROTECT that requires you to remove some of the protection already on your BB (ie encryption)??
    03-05-11 04:50 PM
    My device doesn't seems to be associated with Blackberry Protect. How can this be done? It just doesn't show up on the BB Protect site.
    Maybe by the 19Th.....

March 5th (North America / Latin America)
    March 19th (EMEA)
    April 2nd (Asia Pacific)
    03-05-11 05:04 PM
    So, I just installed it, and it works great. However, the downside was that in order to allow Protect to work, I had to disable encryption. Not a complete fan of having to do that, but its a sacrifice I can make to use the beta version. Maybe in the official version, that could change????
    03-05-11 05:22 PM
    I want to know how do I find my device if it doesn't give you an actual address? When you logged into the website it shows the area where the phone is located but that's just it. It will be hard to located if it doesn't give you an actual address.
    03-05-11 05:47 PM
    No way it can be that accurate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 05:53 PM
    Great little app.
    03-05-11 05:53 PM
    No way it can be that accurate.

Well it can, and it can't.

I did the locate, and it located my home perfectly.

Maybe for security/legal reasons, it cannot display an address? Just a location
    03-05-11 05:54 PM

This is the same issue I have on my daughter's 9300. The wife and I have unlimited plans with our 9700's, but hers is the 200MB plan.

The other daughter is on AT&T and it installed fine on her 8900. Unfortunately, she figured out pretty quickly that I will be able to track her with this program.
    03-05-11 06:06 PM
    the app is super cool! i tested the features and it works great.
    03-05-11 06:10 PM
    Installed fine on my ATT Torch. All the functions seem to work except the backup. It gets to 98% in the scanning phase and then gives me a NullPointerException error and the backup fails. Anyone else getting this?
    03-05-11 06:12 PM
    Installed fine on my ATT Torch. All the functions seem to work except the backup. It gets to 98% in the scanning phase and then gives me a NullPointerException error and the backup fails. Anyone else getting this?
    Yeah I almost had the same problem, except when when mine was backing up the text messages, its stayed on 99% for what seemed like forever. It eventually finished though.

Its nice that BB is finally offering this to their customers but personally, I still think that Smrt Guard is the way to go. Sure it actually costs, but they offer more in terms of features and functionality to me.

This app is still in its infancy but shows much promise though. Definitely a good options to those who want free protection
    03-05-11 06:27 PM
    What's to keep anyone who steals your BB to either disable or delete the app right on the device? It would be nice if the app was password protected to keep it from being changed or deleted. Other than than it's very nice.
    03-05-11 06:39 PM
    What's to keep anyone who steals your BB to either disable or delete the app right on the device? It would be nice if the app was password protected to keep it from being changed or deleted. Other than than it's very nice.
    It's a good rule of thumb to password protect your BB. It is also recommended by RIM to do so. However, if you haven't, BB Protect gives you the option to lock the device and set a password remotely.
    03-05-11 06:45 PM
    Yeah I almost had the same problem, except when when mine was backing up the text messages, its stayed on 99% for what seemed like forever. It eventually finished though.

Its nice that BB is finally offering this to their customers but personally, I still think that Smrt Guard is the way to go. Sure it actually costs, but they offer more in terms of features and functionality to me.

This app is still in its infancy but shows much promise though. Definitely a good options to those who want free protection
    That is the key because it is still in beta so we hope it does nothing but get better.
    03-05-11 06:45 PM
    When I locate device it doesnt give address?? The Sprint total protection app gives the exact address anyone else notice this?
    03-05-11 06:47 PM
    Hm... You seem to be the exception to the rule. Everyone I've spoken to via Twitter, app world, etc has said that if they have a "limited" plan they're not able to use the service. Even in the app world description, it says that only select plans are able to be used.

I'm not paying 15-20 bucks a month more to use this app. If I wanted that, I'd just pick up the equally useless insurance plan.

Edit: Which carriers are you using?
    I have a Rogers 1GB plan and it doesn't work. On the other hand I also have a Fido 500MB plan and it does work. How does that work?
    03-05-11 06:50 PM
    When I locate device it doesnt give address?? The Sprint total protection app gives the exact address anyone else notice this?
    I was just noticing this as I tested the location finder on BBProtect. Looking to see if there's a feature to show the address nearest to the location. It did show the phone location with almost exact precision. According to the map it says within "4 meters"...the best I could tell it was spot on and better than a 4 meter differential.
    03-05-11 06:50 PM
    I was just noticing this as I tested the location finder on BBProtect. Looking to see if there's a feature to show the address nearest to the location. It did show the phone location with almost exact precision. According to the map it says within "4 meters"...the best I could tell it was spot on and better than a 4 meter differential.
    The location was spot on but I couldnt see the address anywhere. Hopefully it gets corrected.
    03-05-11 06:54 PM
235 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD