thats what i thought but when i used my info from appworld it locked me out
    03-05-11 10:25 AM
    thats what i thought but when i used my info from appworld it locked me out
    Well I set up two phones this morning and it worked fine.... sounds like there are a few bugs out there (it is a beta after all....)
    03-05-11 10:28 AM
    Downloaded and Installed. Checked the BlackBerry Protect Website and tried the features except wipe device of course. and It works perfectly!! Thanks for the OTA link. Because my country is not yet supported but was able to download it thanks to the OTA link.
    03-05-11 10:31 AM
    Downloaded and Installed. Checked the BlackBerry Protect Website and tried the features except wipe device of course. and It works perfectly!! Thanks for the OTA link. Because my country is not yet supported but was able to download it thanks to the OTA link.
    Be a sport and check the 'Wipe Device' for the sake of CB users.....
    03-05-11 10:34 AM
    Great app, and it's free. Played around with it for a bit, and it works perfect. I find the GPS is so quick, and even more accurate than any of the mapping programs. Love to the look and feel of the site, so easy to use.
    03-05-11 10:36 AM
    is the login for this the same as the app world login because i just got locked out for to hours
    Yes, it is the same BlackBerry ID from AppWorld.
    03-05-11 10:47 AM
    ETA: everything works fine after a battery pull. I do still wish that "Locate" would automatically turn on GPS. I normally leave it off since I don't want the battery drain.
    Last edited by PJD642; 03-05-11 at 11:39 AM.
    03-05-11 10:47 AM
    Is there any way of scheduling the backup to happen at a specific time?

Mike
    03-05-11 10:56 AM

Mike
    Does not seem so only daily/weekly/monthly.
    03-05-11 10:57 AM
    if i did a wipe i could just use dm to restore right
    03-05-11 11:00 AM
    You create a login when you install.
    I used my AppWorld login.
    03-05-11 11:01 AM
    Works with everything except "Wipe" (didn't try, obviously) and "Locate". I've got GPS turned on, and Blackstar says it's linked to 8 satellites. BB Protect webpage says "connected" under status, but "Locate" repeatedly says it can't find my phone. Tried waiting 15 minutes, but still won't find it, either through GPS, cell tower, or last known location. Unchecked and re-checked "location reporting" and saved, but still not working.

Gonna do a battery pull and see if that makes a difference when it reconnects to the system.

It'd be nice if "Locate" would automatically turn on GPS. I normally leave it off since I don't want the battery drain.

Yeah, mine wont find the location either and google maps and blackberry maps pics up 8 satellites and hones in immediately...but the ID site won't find the phone...and I have it outside.

Too bad it doesn't do cell phone tower locations so the battery doesn't drain by having gps on all the time.
    03-05-11 11:07 AM

Mike
    I would suggest backing up the first time, or manually through Protect at the time you would want it to back up. It probably will do exactly one week or daily at the same time...so manually do your next back up through protect at the best time for you.
    03-05-11 11:12 AM
    WTF!! doesnt backup emails. sad times
    03-05-11 11:24 AM
    WTF!! doesnt backup emails. sad times
    I hope they implement that later...
    03-05-11 11:25 AM
    I hope they implement that later...
    ah its ok, we dont need it, not like these phones were made for email anyways eh
    03-05-11 11:34 AM
    ah its ok, we dont need it, not like these phones were made for email anyways eh
    03-05-11 11:37 AM
    Yeah, mine wont find the location either and google maps and blackberry maps pics up 8 satellites and hones in immediately...but the ID site won't find the phone...and I have it outside.

Too bad it doesn't do cell phone tower locations so the battery doesn't drain by having gps on all the time.
    It did work for me after a battery pull (edited above post). +1 on the GPS wishes.
    03-05-11 11:41 AM
    Excellent piece of work. What we've all been waiting for. Get this - just for kicks, and since I have a whole day with nothing to do, I tested everything INCLUDING the remote wipe. Worked like a charm. (I did a full backup before, restored after - all good.)
    03-05-11 11:45 AM
    I would understand why they don't have e-mails, but still, I neeed email backup!!!!
    03-05-11 12:03 PM
    Ive got it installed and working fine.
    Just wont recoginse me on the website
    03-05-11 12:10 PM
    After installing the app, I went through set up and got to the main screen but then my status changed to "The service plan for your BlackBerry device does not support this application. Please contact your service provider for additional information or to update your service plan."

I've never had this kind of problem before, I have a 1 GB plan with Rogers. Anyone else get this problem? I reset my phone and still same error.
    03-05-11 12:16 PM
    finally got logged in and it works perfect
    03-05-11 12:28 PM
    After installing the app, I went through set up and got to the main screen but then my status changed to "The service plan for your BlackBerry device does not support this application. Please contact your service provider for additional information or to update your service plan."

I've never had this kind of problem before, I have a 1 GB plan with Rogers. Anyone else get this problem? I reset my phone and still same error.
    I went through the same thing earlier this morning. Apparently RIM has not provisioned the app for use by those who have "limited" data plans. (Common assumption is that this means under 2GB of data.) Regardless of whether you have wifi or not, the app supposedly will not work unless you upgrade to an unlimited/higher rate plan.

Personally, I find this ridiculous. Simply because I'm responsible with my data and refuse to pay for more than I use, I don't get protection and the chance to be equally responsible with my Blackberry? I understand that remote wipes and backups to a remote server handle a LOT of data, but if I've got a wifi connection and I'm willing to participate, I don't think it's up to RIM to make that call.

Sorry folks, big thumbs down from me.
    And1Viper likes this.
    03-05-11 12:37 PM
    VZW 9650, OS6 loaded. BBP tells me I can't use it. It thinks I'm on BES. Any solution for this yet?
    03-05-11 12:40 PM
235 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD