Hello guys

someone gave me a blackberry bold 9900 and I just received the battery but now they are asking me a password for unlocking it.

I have read if I try to enter 10 wrong password they could ask me a blackberry ID and it could be blocked or locked or asking blackberry id or personal information.

it's a phone given by his company and I was wondering how to reset it whithout getting any bad surprised.
    05-20-20 06:42 AM
    Hello guys

someone gave me a blackberry bold 9900 and I just received the battery but now they are asking me a password for unlocking it.

I have read if I try to enter 10 wrong password they could ask me a blackberry ID and it could be blocked or locked or asking blackberry id or personal information.

it's a phone given by his company and I was wondering how to reset it whithout getting any bad surprised.
    That's a BB10 thing, not a BBOS thing. You'll be fine.
    05-20-20 07:41 AM
    Yeah with BBOS a wipe gets you back to "factory", there was no theft protection that you'd have to worry about.

Now if this was a company phone... there could be an IT policy still enabled after a wipe. So you may need to https://forums.crackberry.com/deskto...anager-693936/
    05-20-20 08:31 AM
    Thank's for all the answer guys you are right
    05-20-20 10:05 AM