I just installed the New Official 5.0 OS for my BOLD9000 & I lost my password keeper. I want it back. How do i get it back? I tried to reinstall it through the DM but it has is highlighted In Grey & won't let me.
    01-05-10 02:45 PM
    it sounds like a hidden icon. menu to full icon screen>menu>show all/unhide>highlight the greyed out app>menu>show all/unhide
    01-05-10 02:46 PM
    I just installed the New Official 5.0 OS for my BOLD9000 & I lost my password keeper. I want it back. How do i get it back? I tried to reinstall it through the DM but it has is highlighted In Grey & won't let me.
    I had this when I installed the leaked .411 If you go to reload the OS via apploader then look down the list and ensure password keeper's box is checked (mine wasn't). Hopefully it is something as simple as that.
    01-05-10 02:54 PM
    it was fine when i had the leaked 411 now i wiped my phone and installed the official, and how its missing.
    01-05-10 02:57 PM
    Well it will only take 3 minutes or so to see if that is the reason or not. I think mine was fine the first 3 times I installed it (I got a little addicted to doing clean installs to free up memory when I was bored!)
    01-05-10 02:59 PM
    SO how do i do this?
    01-05-10 03:03 PM
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Go to the above link and open the 'Loader' application file. Then it will open the app that loads the OS's on the device. Once you get to the list of what will be loaded and what won't be loaded then in that list make sure that 'password keeper' is checked.

This probably doesn't make much sense but if you try loading the OS you might notice what I mean - I hope.
    01-05-10 03:07 PM
    I got it back, but I'm missing all my saved passwords
    01-05-10 04:29 PM
    That's a good start though.
    Hopefully you have done a back-up of the device. If so then just restore the latest back-up and they should reappear. If you haven't done a back-up then I think you have lost them (unless anyone else knows of a rather clever method of retrieval that I do not know)
    01-05-10 04:34 PM
    i don't want to bck up anything

jsut the passwords. is there a way just to backup the passwords?
    01-05-10 04:36 PM
    It is too late to back-up now. You can restore just the password keeper details. In Desktop Manager when you click 'back up and restore' go into 'advanced' and then pick the latest back-up you have done and then select just the password keeper back-up and load that.
    01-05-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD