Is this the latest software version for Bold 9900 ? Also why isn't an option like "check for update" in my settings ? Meaning i couldn't update my software unless i connect to PC ? I am from india and my phone was imported from US (verizon) unlocked, Can i install BB indian OS through my carrier ? what are the pros and cons if i install indian OS ?
    07-09-16 08:34 AM
    You can use BB Boss v2.2 software (http://forums.crackberry.com/legacy-...-2-2-a-590346/ ) to strip off unwanted files from the Indian OS to install on your PC. And yes, it's always a better idea to update using your PC, particularly if You want to start afresh. If not, You can use the software update option in your phone settings to do an update. If You don't have that option, you'd have to update your PC using the method above to get it.

Meanwhile, You can go to www.berryshout.com to look for a newer OS for your phone. Download it, install it and then use the software I mentioned above to strip it off files You don't need. Afterwards You can install.

Google on how to remove carrier files from an os...

Good luck and let me know if You need any further help

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 08:48 AM