As much as I hate to admit it and come to terms with it, and we all know it - there will never be the perfect device. I have both a BB and just purchased and iPhone 4 - 32 GB. I was hoping to drop the BB - but that really isn't going to happen. And the reality is, I'm going to need both because they do two different jobs and there are trade offs with each

The BB is great for emails, long battery life and the basics of what a business user needs and it' not bad a phone (I have AT&T), it's secure (which at times I find to be a PITA), and these last two are big ones for me - and gives you an option for a microSD card AND I'm not bound to a laptop. However it sucks for user experience, applications, it's a little too secure, can't render full-true web pages, the BB browser is crap on a good day, and God help you if try and read a MS Office document on it.

The iphone my all of 1 week of experience with it, has an awesone end-user experience - let's give the devel theire dues; Apple is a Master at this and has been long before the iphone was an ich in...well you get the picture. Anyway, the display is fantastic, it's pretty good for a phone, (lately more reliable than the BB - I said lately), the availability & variety of the apps is a big edge, all in all it's pretty bleeding edge. Now the dirty laundry; I bound to my laptop and itunes; I can live with itunes - but that's still a consumer not enterprise grade application, no microSD card slot, sim card slot needs to be rethought. This one pisses me off - I have to do app development on a Mac and they don't give you a VMWare opition. I actually bought the iphone for app development and leverage it's ability to render web pages for something for work.

There are pros and cons of each and to be honest about a month ago I was set to buy a BB Storm 2. Which by the way is still on the books after the little epiphany above. At the end of the the day a healthy dose of competition is by the phone manufacuters is a good thing for us.
    I can view MS office documents very very easy on mine and even type them up and transfer no problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 10:40 AM
    this says it all
    07-06-10 10:49 AM
    Anything is better the iPhone OS4.0 on a 3G. My phone has constant dropped calls now and laggy as crap. But it is only a 3G, my other iphone that the wife has is on 3.1.3 and NO issues... and it too is a 3G not 3Gs. So clearly an OS issue.
    07-07-10 09:54 PM
    When OS 6 comes out I'll let you know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 05:27 PM
    Anything is better the iPhone OS4.0 on a 3G. My phone has constant dropped calls now and laggy as crap. But it is only a 3G, my other iphone that the wife has is on 3.1.3 and NO issues... and it too is a 3G not 3Gs. So clearly an OS issue.
    Not an OS issue, a hardware issue. The 3G is outdated, that's why it wont run smooth on your device like 3.X will. OS4 requires a little more to run it. Just like OS6 for BB most likely will not run on a lot of older devices because the hardware is outdated.
    07-09-10 05:45 PM
    Not an OS issue, a hardware issue. The 3G is outdated, that's why it wont run smooth on your device like 3.X will. OS4 requires a little more to run it. Just like OS6 for BB most likely will not run on a lot of older devices because the hardware is outdated.
    No, it's an OS issue. Fail.
    07-09-10 09:43 PM
    Personally, I prefer the BBOS. a couple of the reasons I would never buy an Iphone:

I want to have the ability to swap batteries (i.e. extended battery)
    I enjoy being able to change themes
    The freedom to obtains apps from many different sources, not just app world
    The new issues with the antenna and dropped calls
    Steve Jobs personal attitude (he is a smart man, and innovative, but seems like an A**)
    Iphone doesn't have surepress
    i prefer the messaging and push email on my BB
    Lack of true multitasking on the Iphone.
    Being able to use a microSD card (transfer pictures from phone to various photo printing kiosk to print 4x6)

This is just my personal feelings, I do not see that Iphone is really all the great. While they may have been one of the first touchscreen phones to get big, I feel there is to many issues I have with them.
    07-09-10 09:51 PM
    Personally, I prefer the BBOS. a couple of the reasons I would never buy an Iphone:

I want to have the ability to swap batteries (i.e. extended battery)
    I enjoy being able to change themes
    The freedom to obtains apps from many different sources, not just app world
    The new issues with the antenna and dropped calls
    Steve Jobs personal attitude (he is a smart man, and innovative, but seems like an A**)
    Iphone doesn't have surepress
    i prefer the messaging and push email on my BB
    Lack of true multitasking on the Iphone.
    Being able to use a microSD card (transfer pictures from phone to various photo printing kiosk to print 4x6)

This is just my personal feelings, I do not see that Iphone is really all the great. While they may have been one of the first touchscreen phones to get big, I feel there is to many issues I have with them.
    Well spoken, especially the comment about the "pompous a-hole" lol
    07-10-10 06:43 AM
    I'd like to see better-polished UI elements on the blackberry. I think Apple's UI elements look and feel really clean & cohesive. Android's aren't bad - and even they're really focusing on the system-wide UI experience for 3.0.

Blackberry just has to 'look good' and even the latest OS 6.0 builds, while an improvement, aren't there yet.
    07-10-10 07:07 AM
    I'd like to see better-polished UI elements on the blackberry. I think Apple's UI elements look and feel really clean & cohesive. Android's aren't bad - and even they're really focusing on the system-wide UI experience for 3.0.

Blackberry just has to 'look good' and even the latest OS 6.0 builds, while an improvement, aren't there yet.
    Very well said especially about the UI looking better on this new 6.0 build. It does look better but still needs work.
    07-10-10 08:23 AM

And are you a "personal" beta tester for OS 6.0 or are you basing your assumption on leaked pics and videos here and there, if so how can you give a "fair" opinion of what OS 6 is really like if it hasn't been released yet.
    07-10-10 08:24 AM
    It cracks me up that people say they won't buy a phone due to not liking the CEO!! How freaking old are you people? You don't know Mike from RIM. He might be twice the **** Jobs is. You don't know these people.

I buy what I think works the best for me, not based on my iconoclastic view of the world. ROFL

OMG that is funny!
    07-10-10 08:32 AM
    It cracks me up that people say they won't buy a phone due to not liking the CEO!! How freaking old are you people? You don't know Mike from RIM. He might be twice the **** Jobs is. You don't know these people.

I buy what I think works the best for me, not based on my iconoclastic view of the world. ROFL

OMG that is funny!
    LOL I'm laughing right with you.
    07-10-10 08:50 AM
    And exactly how old are you, dbw1000?

There are legitimate reasons for boycotts. Do yourself a favour and google "boycotts in history" or something like that. Some people have their convictions and beliefs, and as long as these fall within moral and legal boundaries, no one should judge them for what they believe in.

Just because you don't hold to certain convictions doesn't mean others can't have their own. Grow up.
    07-10-10 09:14 AM
    And exactly how old are you, dbw1000?

There are legitimate reasons for boycotts. Do yourself a favour and google "boycotts in history" or something like that. Some people have their convictions and beliefs, and as long as these fall within moral and legal boundaries, no one should judge them for what they believe in.

Just because you don't hold to certain convictions doesn't mean others can't have their own. Grow up.
    Hmm let's stick to the subject shall we, and not take this out of proportion. This isn't a debate on ethics and boycotts last time I checked the title.
    07-10-10 09:20 AM
    I agree, my bad =]
    07-10-10 09:40 AM
    It cracks me up that people say they won't buy a phone due to not liking the CEO!!
    I won't buy any phone that Luke Wilson uses, maybe Owen Wilson, but not Luke!
    07-10-10 10:00 AM

OMG that is funny!
    Just as an aside, it's amazing how many people have their own reasons for not buying xyz product from abc company.

It's one thing if you hate a company because they test on animals but are the only one to manufacture the one cancer drug you need.

It's another thing when you are spending your hard earned dollars on a product and make a choice not 100% related to the product. For example a family member doesn't buy bottled water because they are environmentally conciencous. Or another family member doesn't buy top rated makeup products because they test on animals..etc. Or another family doesn't go to a certain food chain to eat their meat products because the CEO condones/condoned deforestation. And the list goes on and on.

I am not interested in apple products because imho they are form over function.
    07-10-10 10:34 AM
    My main reasons for my dislike of the iphone are listed above. The steve jobs jab was more for my entertainment. Granted, if i had solely based my dislike for the iphone on the CEO, then I would be a bit of a moron. I have many reason why I do not want an Iphone. For me, it is just not that great of a fit.
    07-11-10 11:42 PM
    Back on topic:

http://crackberry.com/new-official-b...6-teaser-video

I think things are looking good. Someone mentioned they wanted a better, cleaner UI. It is looking great in this video to me. I am excited to see this run, especially if it hits the Storm2. The pinch zoom and other true multi-touch features a big one I have been waiting for since I purchased the first Storm.
    07-12-10 10:58 AM

OMG that is funny!
    I see nothing wrong with NOT buying a phone because you don't like the CEO, that is the only way you can "vote" for a company is buying it's product, you don't like the leadership you don't buy the products.

I really dislike Sony's business practices, so I avoid buying Sony Products, I'll pay slightly more for a NON Sony equivalent just to not give them my money.

because your world views don't come into play in your purchasing decisions does not make it stupid for someone else to use them.

It is like buying a T shirt, one say "Made in China" the other "Made in USA" they both perform the same function which do you buy? and why?
    07-12-10 12:48 PM
    I see nothing wrong with NOT buying a phone because you don't like the CEO, that is the only way you can "vote" for a company is buying it's product, you don't like the leadership you don't buy the products.

I really dislike Sony's business practices, so I avoid buying Sony Products, I'll pay slightly more for a NON Sony equivalent just to not give them my money.

because your world views don't come into play in your purchasing decisions does not make it stupid for someone else to use them.

It is like buying a T shirt, one say "Made in China" the other "Made in USA" they both perform the same function which do you buy? and why?
    No brainer, the one made in China, as it's half the price of the one that's made in the US.
    07-12-10 02:17 PM
    Back on topic:

http://crackberry.com/new-official-b...6-teaser-video

I think things are looking good. Someone mentioned they wanted a better, cleaner UI. It is looking great in this video to me. I am excited to see this run, especially if it hits the Storm2. The pinch zoom and other true multi-touch features a big one I have been waiting for since I purchased the first Storm.
    Yeah it does look good. I think it's a good refresh, keeps the UI fresh while maintaining the same usability BB users are accustomed to.

Hopefully it runs as fluid on a new device, I remain skeptical about installing OS 6 on older devices, I figure it'll be very similar to iPhone3G's and iPhone3GS's running iOS4.
    07-12-10 02:50 PM

So much for getting back on topic.

What I said was it is funny to me that people believe they know a CEO, can make a decision whether they like that one person, whom the cannot know, and then claim to choose products based on that. I do think it is funny, and I do think there is no way you can know that person. I also think it is funny a person would choose to not buy a product based on one person's supposed personality. It is completely different from made in china or made in the USA.

Now, if you say business practices, company ethical policies, company buying practices, etc, then I agree completely. I rarely if ever shop at Wal-mart due to this. If you say you don't like Apple's stealing of others' trademarks, etc, I agree completely.

My world views do come into my decisions. Liking Steve personally is not a world view, nor is it based in a true understanding or even good information. Public figures are rarely ever known. Their acts or statements may be. I don't choose my music based on liking the band's personalities. If I did, man my selection process would be difficult. The band's practices however are different.

Just one man's opinion. I think it is funny.
    07-12-10 03:11 PM
    Yeah it does look good. I think it's a good refresh, keeps the UI fresh while maintaining the same usability BB users are accustomed to.

Hopefully it runs as fluid on a new device, I remain skeptical about installing OS 6 on older devices, I figure it'll be very similar to iPhone3G's and iPhone3GS's running iOS4.
    Boy I sure hope it is not the same experience as iOS4 on a 3G, which is horrible and bug ridden. I have my fingers crossed for the Storm2 UI being smooth like the video. We shall see!
    07-12-10 03:12 PM
126 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD