What do you think abou the new iphone Os and blackberry Os
    FOR ME BLACKBERRY's OS BECAUSE NEW DESIGN, NEW WEBKIT, AND THEIR NEW LOOK ON MULTIMEDIA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 02:14 AM
    Flame me if you want... Don't care. I am dumping my 9550 as soon as the Iphone hits the Big Red. If it does. Better apps and saving the apps to the onboard memory. Goodbye. That's enough for me. My Ipod touch KILLS this phone. It just doesn't make calls.

05-24-10 03:18 AM
    Its just true that the iPhone OS and browser just rocks in addition to their massive app store with most great software going free or cheap.
    However where messaging is concerned, the berry tops it.
    It falls back to what you want to use the device for - recreational or messaging.
    I doubt OS6.0 would come close to iPhone OS4 though. I seriously doubt it.
    05-24-10 03:39 AM
    It falls back to what you want to use the device for - recreational or messaging.
    Why does it always have to be either or?
    05-24-10 03:45 AM
    Why does it always have to be either or?
    Because we live in a world of competition. And if every phone was identical, there would be no competition. Each phone OS is approaching the 'How' and the 'What' questions differently. The iPhone approaches it with the Recreational user in mind. The Android approaches it with the Open Source / Trendy user in mind. The BlackBerry approaches it with the Business user in mind.

I am not concerned with how you choose to argue on those three classes. In the end, that's essentially what is happening. And all 3, all 3 OS's do things differently, and as a result (surprise?) each does different things better.

So the question always returns to: What do you want to do with your phone?

And maybe just as important: What is 'okay' for your phone not to do?

And 'All' is not an answer. As much as i'd like to say that apps are a deal breaker, it's just not the case for me. I like adding things to my phone, sure. I like adding functionality, games, whatever. But it simply isn't a deal breaker. A clear signal with no dropped calls, a long battery life, smooth messaging interface and push e-mails are the most important things to me.

What does that all = ? BlackBerry. Would I like it if I had access to 2394723947 apps? Sure. Would I enjoy being able to have a better OS experience in addition to above mentioned criteria? Why not? But if the above mentioned criteria are met, the other stuff is in the 'Frills and Niceities' category that is not a deal breaker.

And that is why it has to be 'either or'.
    05-24-10 09:40 AM
    A clear signal with no dropped calls, That's a network issue, not the phone. Every phone I've ever had on VZW's network acheived this.a long battery life, Battery life isn't that great on an S2.smooth messaging interface COMPLETELY subjective.and push e-mails Blackberry isn't the only one that achevies this. are the most important things to me.

What does that all = ? BlackBerry. Would I like it if I had access to 2394723947 apps? Sure. Would I enjoy being able to have a better OS experience in addition to above mentioned criteria? Why not? But if the above mentioned criteria are met, the other stuff is in the 'Frills and Niceities' category that is not a deal breaker.

That was actually intended to be more of a rhetorical question, but thank you for that answer.
    05-24-10 10:34 AM
    only the Shadow knows!

05-24-10 10:45 AM
    A clear signal with no dropped calls, That's a network issue, not the phone. Every phone I've ever had on VZW's network acheived this.a long battery life, Battery life isn't that great on an S2.smooth messaging interface COMPLETELY subjective.and push e-mails Blackberry isn't the only one that achevies this. are the most important things to me.

That was actually intended to be more of a rhetorical question, but thank you for that answer.

It is not only a network issue, I run 2 phones all the time both on the same network, and there is noticeable difference in signal strength between the phones,

Battery Life isn't great on TOUCHSCREENS doesn't matter iphone or BB, neither has good batterylife, but between the Storm or the iPhone if I HAD to use them, I'd take a swappable battery and bring a second/third battery with me, heck even my Tour I am getting tempted for the second battery as some places I find myself I kill the battery in 4 hours with emails/BBM/ and signal hunting.

As for the OP question, BBOS6 vs iPhone 4G for me it will HAVE to be BBOS6, I can't even entertain the iPhone 4G until they remove iTunes as a requirement, and allow me to use a 3rd party software to control media on my phone, I already need to install a 3rd party software to manage excel /word files on my iPod Touch, which ticks me off, Apple makes great hardware, but they just do everything wrong for my needs.
    05-24-10 10:52 AM
    It's not even an issue of This vs. That. The iPhone OS clearly wins. A theme
    remake from RIM isn't going to even come close to the iPhone OS. Even now.
    05-24-10 12:32 PM
    The OP should have thrown Android OS 2.2 in the mix.

• apps to SD card storage
    • 2-5 times faster OS (JIT)
    • faster browser
    • portable hotspot
    • device to cloud messaging

...and more...

I think all of them will be good. In the end, users who experience either one of the three should be happy.
    05-24-10 12:40 PM
    It's not even an issue of This vs. That. The iPhone OS clearly wins. A theme
    remake from RIM isn't going to even come close to the iPhone OS. Even now.

Do you have any links that support a theme remake? and not a core change? the small video's look that the usability has changed
    05-24-10 01:36 PM
    In regard to reliability of their operating system, Apple wins.
    Apple wil put out 2-4 revisions until their next major upgrade (O/S 5 ?).

RIM will have dozens upon dozens, and very few of them will be considered optimum by a majority of users. There's always some problem or glitch.

Based on history, Apple wins for reliability.
    05-24-10 01:58 PM
    Honestly from a consumer standpoint the Blackberry OS isn't even close, even with its new theme and long awaited webkit.
    05-24-10 02:08 PM
    Once again this all goes down to what you need your phone/OS to do. For some Apple is best and others BB.

Anyways here's a link from youtube better showing OS6

thanks to Questionmark for posting this Vid
    05-24-10 02:11 PM
    Do you have any links that support a theme remake? and not a core change? the small video's look that the usability has changed
    Do you have any links that support a core change? You just said "looks" like.
    Well to me, it "looks" like a theme overhaul. That is all.
    05-24-10 02:20 PM
    Do you have any links that support a core change? You just said "looks" like.
    Well to me, it "looks" like a theme overhaul. That is all.
    agreed a fresh new theme with webkit, and maybe some more media features is about all that this update will bring. Its just RIM trying to keep up with apple and google.
    05-24-10 02:48 PM
    Keep up in what way? Since we all know that it is the leader in market share in north America and also made it top 5 in the world. I wouldn't call that "trying to keep up".

Google and Apple are great phones for users that are looking for the features they provide as first nature. Same as BB it's a great for those that want and need what bb does best.

Did you guys honestly expect that RIM would completely redo a complete OS change? That would have been the dumbest thing a company like RIM could ever do.

OS6 does a nice Job adding much needed things for the more "regular consumer" (WebKit, YouTube, Media) and also keeping the things that the business/power users want from there device.

agreed a fresh new theme with webkit, and maybe some more media features is about all that this update will bring. Its just RIM trying to keep up with apple and google.
    05-24-10 02:58 PM
    Keep up in what way? Since we all know that it is the leader in market share in north America and also made it top 5 in the world. I wouldn't call that "trying to keep up".

Google and Apple are great phones for users that are looking for the features they provide as first nature. Same as BB it's a great for those that want and need what bb does best.

Did you guys honestly expect that RIM would completely redo a complete OS change? That would have been the dumbest thing a company like RIM could ever do.

OS6 does a nice Job adding much needed things for the more "regular consumer" (WebKit, YouTube, Media) and also keeping the things that the business/power users want from there device.
    I guess i wasn't clear enough. OS 6 is RIM's way of keeping up with Apple and Google OS wise which these two companies are clearly stealing away consumers because of their more appealing operating systems since their entrance into the smartphone arena. I never said anything about marketshare or sales. I know where RIM stands save your stats look at my post count im well aware of where RIM stands in marketshare its typed and re-typed on this site everyday. But Apple and Google are clearly winning the hearts and minds of the consumer market, or "regular user" as you call them. Listen to the last podcast with i think it was phonearena and some other sites on the crackberry podcast. listen to what the owner of this site is saying as well as the other sites their sentiments are becoming ever so popular with the blackberry user, and will remain that way with RIMs slow progression. Soon RIM will go back to its roots and only providing their product for coporate america because they can't keep up with this fast paced consumer world.
    05-24-10 03:18 PM
    Really? "look at my post count" LOL post counts mean nothing.
    I do agree with you that Apple and Google are more consumer oriented devices. But from the looks of OS6, it seems that RIM is doing a pretty good Job addressing those needs.

I really don't see RIM going anywhere, Actually see it getting even more popular. If they have so many "consumers" now that user base should increase with OS6 offering people a better broswer, youtube, music ect....

I think most people that left BB was for the browser, from the sound of it RIM has fixed this problem ( still remains to be seen )

Now if it' for apps they are leaving....... i could see why lol

I guess i wasn't clear enough. OS 6 is RIM's way of keeping up with Apple and Google OS wise which these two companies are clearly stealing away consumers because of their more appealing operating systems since their entrance into the smartphone arena. I never said anything about marketshare or sales. I know where RIM stands save your stats look at my post count im well aware of where RIM stands in marketshare its typed and re-typed on this site everyday. But Apple and Google are clearly winning the hearts and minds of the consumer market, or "regular user" as you call them. Listen to the last podcast with i think it was phonearena and some other sites on the crackberry podcast. listen to what the owner of this site is saying as well as the other sites their sentiments are becoming ever so popular with the blackberry user, and will remain that way with RIMs slow progression. Soon RIM will go back to its roots and only providing their product for coporate america because they can't keep up with this fast paced consumer world.
    05-24-10 03:34 PM
    Really? "look at my post count" LOL post counts mean nothing.
    I do agree with you that Apple and Google are more consumer oriented devices. But from the looks of OS6, it seems that RIM is doing a pretty good Job addressing those needs.

I really don't see RIM going anywhere, Actually see it getting even more popular. If they have so many "consumers" now that user base should increase with OS6 offering people a better broswer, youtube, music ect....

I think most people that left BB was for the browser, from the sound of it RIM has fixed this problem ( still remains to be seen )

Now if it' for apps they are leaving....... i could see why lol
    People are leaving for the apps, browser, and the random reboots/ever so annoying loading sqaure. RIMS operating system lacks a certain smoothness about it that Blackberry addicts have come to be used to and just except as oh its just Blackberry. Regular consumers don't like that. For a phone "that just works" The blackberry operating system has a lot of times where "it just isn't working" The more apps you install the slower the phone gets, you don't see that on android or the iPhone.
    05-24-10 03:45 PM
    The "it just works" comments crack me up because that is what I hear from friends who went from a Storm to a droid. They all say that their droid "just works". Not battery pulls required or random restarts. Forget the UI. That is RIMs challenge. Put quickPull and meterberry out of business. When that happens they will have succeeded.

05-24-10 04:36 PM
    Are you ********?
    05-24-10 04:39 PM
    Are you ********?
    I'm sure he isn't, but try to use a different word next time. Maybe one that starts with an "i" and ends with a "t", or even one that starts with a "m" and ends with an "n". Dumb could have even worked. "******" is pretty offensive to some people (not me, but I know others have gotten in some trouble for using this word in the past, just looking out )
    05-24-10 04:53 PM
    I'm sure he isn't, but try to use a different word next time. Maybe one that starts with an "i" and ends with a "t", or even one that starts with a "m" and ends with an "n". Dumb could have even worked. "******" is pretty offensive to some people (not me, but I know others have gotten in some trouble for using this word in the past, just looking out )
    I know but that was seriously one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen. I'll refrain from using such vulgar vocabulary next time.
    05-24-10 05:06 PM
    I know but that was seriously one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen. I'll refrain from using such vulgar vocabulary next time.
    Yea I understand. Post count means absolutely nothing. It never has and never will. Well, for titles only I guess.
    05-24-10 05:46 PM
126 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD