Test to see if it takes a certain post count

(this will be 10)

*edit* Nope
    06-13-08 08:51 PM
    So i've read this and various other threads on the topic, but the question has never really been answered. Anyways, I have a Verizon Pearl 8130 fully up-to-date etc... I love BBM because it offers a text format that i desire (like someone mentioned before..the Palm and Iphone text format is more like a chat room, like AIM...something I love) .. Anyways, for the most part BBM works just fine - cross carriers and all.. there is however one contact that i just can't seem to add. I've tried from both of our sets to add to contact list..but it never changes from pending..and as far as i know it's his phone (he can't get his girlfriend or a couple of our other friends to work either.) He has AT&T, and the unlimited blackberry service.

Any suggestions? Could he have an older version of BBM that isn't compatible? So far i've seen this issue mentioned in here a couple times but no one has really said anything about it.
    06-14-08 05:38 PM
    I don't think we get quick answers in this forum theresin. Might do better posting elsewhere
    06-14-08 07:17 PM
    my friend has a blackberry, but he didn't sign up for the mobile web service and i've been trying to add him to my contact list for blackberry messenger and for some reason he says it won't let him. what can i do?!
    06-18-08 07:55 PM
    my friend has a blackberry, but he didn't sign up for the mobile web service and i've been trying to add him to my contact list for blackberry messenger and for some reason he says it won't let him. what can i do?!
    If he has VZW like you do, he is given the option of BIS or BES data packages. I'm gonna take a stab at this and say he doesn't use BES through his work and therefore he got the BIS package. That has all you need to use BB messenger (i would recommend he gets a txt'ing package too if he plans on txt'ing), he can still use BB messenger though without it as it uses data, which is unlimited with VZW. It isn't the same as the traditional phone that you had to subscribe to their mobile web 2.0. You automatically will have unlimited data with their phone, so I don't really understand what you meant by "mobile web service."

I think your friend might not know how to go about adding your PIN or something. I would have your friend check these forums or give him a step-by-step instruction on adding a PIN. If he cant find BB messenger at all, have him click on "show all" on the application menu and it should pop up.
    06-18-08 08:22 PM
    That's odd, first I would say do a battery pull and see if you get both options.

If that doesn't work you could always go into your address book and add a contact with the email/pin you have. Then when you click add you can just click their name instead of use once. Let us know how it works out.
    New to BB messenger...but it only allows for addition via email it seems?
    06-19-08 05:57 PM
    OK, ok , ok....I figured out what everyone is having probs with...i need a promotion to CB abuser or sumthing..

Enter BB messenger--
    Add a contact...your address book should come up...highlight use once...
    -->hit the BB button...
    -->select "Request by PIN"
    --> the rest you can handle!

Good luck!

Paul~
    06-19-08 06:10 PM
    I received an email telling me that someone "Boxxed" has replied to a thread that I have responded to, yet I don't see that reply... It is not here.

How could that be possible?

This is the thread it gave me. I panned on answering the question but now cannot because it is not here.

Freaky!

Anyway, here is my answer to "Boxxed"... My Curve kepad lights up. Unless you are specifying something directly, that is the only thing I can think of.

msblueline
    06-30-08 08:57 AM
    Can anyone tell me if it's possible to have both messenger applications on the same phone? I have a BB 8130 and downloaded Yahoo Messenger when I first got it. BB Messenger icon doesn't show up on my home page, and I'd like to use it also, but I'm not sure if I overrode it when I intalled Yahoo Messenger. Thanks!
    06-30-08 09:06 AM
    I do not believe that you can overwrite Blackberry Messenger with Yahoo messenger.

That would be saying one could not install MSN and Yahoo on their computer for fear that one would overwrite the other.

They are two completely different programs, but the same concept... Messenger.

Try to show all and see if it is hidden.

What theme are you using? Blackberry Messenger shows up differently in other themes.

Try reinstalling it.

msblueline
    06-30-08 02:29 PM
    So... I have a problem. I have an 8830 World Edition. In an effort to clear up memory, I stupidly deleted BB Messenger because I never used it. My step-daughter now has a Berry, and I was going to DL BB Messenger again so we can message w/o using texts. I went to the Blackberry website, and now it's saying that I don't have a device that meets the requirements for the program. How can that be? I KNOW I have plenty of memory - I'm obsessive about clearing off unused programs/media and don't keep ANY messages. As soon as they're read/replied to they're deleted.

What's the deal, and how can I get messenger back?

Well, nevermind. I found it. Downloading the BB Desktop Manager from the BB.com website was my first mistake. I grabbed the software from Verizon and it allowed me to reinstall Messenger easy as pie.
    Last edited by enigmalea; 06-30-08 at 09:21 PM. Reason: All Fixed...
    06-30-08 04:55 PM
    hello hello all! ok... so i have a very quick and simple question. i dont have a data plan with t-mobile. but i am connected to my wi-fi network at home, which allows me to do all the stuff on my phone as if i did have the data plan. so, if im connected right now, and i add somebody, is it possible to use bb messenger over my wi-fi? a simple yes or no, and if its a yes, how do i get it to work? thank u all for reading, if u know about this, id appreciate a response!
    06-30-08 09:26 PM
    not sure if this is allready been asked, but when the inital response comes up and there is just a partial respone with the ... how do you view the whole message. Thanks for your help in advance
    07-01-08 04:21 PM
    i was wondering if you can change the color of the led when you receive a message in bb messenger?

You can do it with javatalk...since my phone is often in silence, i like to see if i got a message via the led and to see if this message is from a pin , bb mssenger or msn messenger..
    07-01-08 08:34 PM
    i've been trying to add a coworker to my BBM and it doesn't seem to work. I have her PIN in my contacts, then I go to BBM and add a contact using my address book.

On my end it shows that I sent a request and it puts her in my PENDING list. But she never see's it. Same goes for her, she will add me to her BBM and I go onto her PENDING list but I don't get anything from her.

She has a T-Mobile Pearl and I have a Sprint Curve... if that makes a difference.

I'm able to add other people with no problem... but we can't figure this out. Help Please
    07-05-08 02:15 AM
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this... I've tried to search the forum but haven't had any luck.

I have a Pearl 8130 and use BB Messenger a lot. For the last month or so, I have noticed that when one of my contacts responds to an active conversation, the response does not appear in the conversation window. I actually have to end the conversation entirely, back out of BB Messenger and go into my Messages app to see what the contact said. I can respond to that message from my contact, but then when they respond again, I have to do the same thing all over again; it happens for every response I receive.

I have tried turning the phone off and back on after about 5 mins, removing the battery and even went into Options in the Messenger App and changed the "Show Conversations in Message List" to No. Nothing seems to fix this issue. Has anyone seen this or have any ideas? Any Help would be greatly appreciated!
    07-07-08 08:06 PM
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this... I've tried to search the forum but haven't had any luck.

I have a Pearl 8130 and use BB Messenger a lot. For the last month or so, I have noticed that when one of my contacts responds to an active conversation, the response does not appear in the conversation window. I actually have to end the conversation entirely, back out of BB Messenger and go into my Messages app to see what the contact said. I can respond to that message from my contact, but then when they respond again, I have to do the same thing all over again; it happens for every response I receive.

I have tried turning the phone off and back on after about 5 mins, removing the battery and even went into Options in the Messenger App and changed the "Show Conversations in Message List" to No. Nothing seems to fix this issue. Has anyone seen this or have any ideas? Any Help would be greatly appreciated!
    I had this happen occasionally with my 8130. I would have to delete the conversation then perform soft reset. My fiance also had the same phone but never had it happen to her.

Got a curve recently and have not noticed it yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 12:13 AM
    I am new to the whole BB life and don't have any friends that have BBs. I would like to try the whole BB messenger/PIN thing, is anyone out there willing to be my BB "friend" so I can try this sucker out?

07-09-08 05:15 PM
    Calling for help! When I try to invite my friend (I have her PIN), a message bounces back to me with my default email address saying that I invited myself! Can anyone lend a hand please in helping me get messenger working?
    OK to PIN me
    07-09-08 09:32 PM
    i no longer receive a notification when i am having a conversation. i have went into profiles and changed it but still nothing. could the reason be because i deleted push to talk
    07-11-08 02:41 PM
    [QUOTE=arcin220;475346]I am new to the whole BB life and don't have any friends that have BBs. I would like to try the whole BB messenger/PIN thing, is anyone out there willing to be my BB "friend" so I can try this sucker out?

Sure! Since u didn't put ur PIN here, I will give u mine. Add me and we can chat.
    Kelizrm
    pin:3018723f

07-13-08 11:16 PM
    I picked up BB Messenger on my own & didn't even need the Manual. Then I jus started checking out the variety of forums out there n began adding in my Contacts. It only took me just a few Seconds and that was when I had my BB Pearl 8130. Now I have both the Pearl and the 8330 Curve.
    07-14-08 08:59 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    07-17-08 04:17 PM
    I think the problem is as follows. When you just add a contact the "regular" way it sends an email request. If both parties do not have BB email active on their phone or have it controlled by their work (maybe work blocks it?) - the connection may not happen. The way around this is by adding a contact via PIN & NOT email (add contact> HIGHLIGHT - do NOT click it "use once"> hit blackberry key> request by PIN. This should fix it. This way you are connecting directly through another BB & not through email. Can anyone confirm this method works??
    07-17-08 11:42 PM
    Does anyone know for sure if the BBM works on "email only" addon from TMobile?!
    07-18-08 01:53 PM
684 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD