loid shaktee puty
    09-23-08 02:22 PM
    Is it possible to use BBM without a DATA plan, can I just use my texting plan?
    09-30-08 05:32 PM
    When I want to add someone everything works fine until I hit the send button...then I get an invitation from MYSELF showing MY email address?! How do I fix this? HELP!!!
    10-02-08 10:55 AM
    Great information, Trevor that will surely help new users.. I was browsing through the net and want to find some info about the Blackberry Messenger.lucky me I bumped in to this thread.. thanks!
    10-03-08 03:49 AM
    Great information, Trevor that will surely help new users.. I was browsing through the net and want to find some info about the Blackberry Messenger.lucky me I bumped in to this thread.. thanks!
    You bumped into the best place on the internet for Blackberry users, not just for BBM!
    10-03-08 04:41 AM
    Hi, when I send a pic or voicenote through messenger everyone receives them except one friend with att. We can chat back and forth but he doesn't receive any pics of voicenotes I send, any ideas why? Too much data on phone??

Thanks!
    10-04-08 04:02 PM
    Why must it use a data plan, I wish I could use BB messenger with my SMS.
    10-13-08 09:15 AM
    I am having a problem with my blackberry curve 8310
    the story is i bought it from rogers and i unlocked it and now i am using it with vodaphone egypt
    i added the bis service and my emails work and everything works
    now the problem are

1) I can send pins but i can not recieve them ( from canada)
    the weird thing here is that when i pin myself i recieve it
    2) when i add a blackberry messenger contact and the other user accepts i dont recieve anything and the contact is still showing as pending

my question is is there any possiability that pinning is limited and it is not open internationally by all carriers ? What should i look for to address this problem?

Please any help wud be greatly appreciated
    Thank you
    10-14-08 06:48 PM
    Had no idea that was possible, great info.
    10-15-08 01:56 AM
    Ok...

I clicked Add A Contact>Selected the contact from my Address Book>Send to messenger Contact
    Then it goes to a box that says ...EMPTY....
    I don't see receive anywhere ...and it's not allowing me to add a contact.

HELP!?!?
    10-15-08 10:25 PM
    A few people earlier in the thread had posted the same issue. I am having problem with only one person on my contact list. I can send messages to him, and it'd say "delivered", but it never changes to "read". It's been working fine for months with this friend until a few days ago.

I checked with my friend and he said he's got all my messages and replied, but I never get those messages from him. We tried to delete and add again and it's even worse. Because now I simply cannot see him on my contact list at all (I can't receive his add request or accept request messages). He's only having this issue with me as well. Both of our phones are working fine with other friends.

Any one please help???
    10-17-08 03:10 PM
    Hi I have had BB for three months now, and have had no problems, two weeks ago my mother who has a BB in Venezuela (south america), and a friend in Miami,
    (I only have problems with this two contacts) started to show in my contact list in italic letters of the BB MSN and when they write to me I receive it (I live in Spain), but when I write to her back she is not getting my messages, we have both checked our status and we are available, when I write the check mark appears next to my messages but the I don't get the "D" of delivered or the "R" of receive.

I really dont know what to do, I have gone to diferent forums here on internet and none show anyone elsa who is having this problem...

Can anyone help me????????????????
    10-19-08 08:48 AM
    Wow there are a lot of propblems people are having with BlackBerry messenger. Mine has worked flawlessly on 2 of the last 3 bb I owned. Is everyone using the latest version??
    10-19-08 09:57 AM
    why is a blackberry messenger say pending what does that mean? how do I get them into contacts.
    10-25-08 12:56 PM
    I'm having the issue of having to end a conversation to reply to a contact. It's really annoying. I find a simple reboot clears this up.
    10-25-08 01:57 PM
    ok i'm having a problem with black berry messenger!!!
    i cant add other people to my contact list. my boyfriend added me and he is the only person i can add to my contact list. i have tried to add 2 of my friends, and it doesnt work. it jus stores them under pending. its been about a week and nothing has happened! "/ help!
    10-27-08 10:24 PM

Hi.. myself and a group of friends all have blackberrys. We are trying to find information about the BBM icons when you are using the bbm. What do they all mean? like the speakerphone looking icon when ever it appears as if someone is replying but they are not. is there a manual somewhere that we can view all the images/icons?
    11-04-08 08:36 AM
    I think "A" = "answered".
    11-04-08 11:38 AM
    Does your service provider have anything to do with the BBM? I'm trying to add a contact on ATT and I have Sprint. I've tried numerous times to invite by PIN but it never goes through. I also have tried it from her phone and I never get the invite either, any suggestions?
    11-04-08 08:07 PM
    don't think carrier is at question here - I have contacts from other carriers and they work fine.
    11-05-08 02:44 PM
    hi. thanks for a great site. new to blackberry world and just got one thru work 8820 for email only, no phone service, on att. am using blackberry messenger and have set it to notify bbm's only. the alarm is very loud and comes in for 3 times unless i start typing immediately. tried to fix this by editing the profile but am not sure which category bbm is? do not see anything on the list with 3 rings.
    11-06-08 11:09 AM
    My conversations in Messenger seem to only store about two days worth of messages... is there a way to expand that?
    11-15-08 11:35 PM
    ok, I've just read through this entire thread (crosseyed now) and have see two posts with the same question I have with no answer yet.....

I sent a request via PIN to a buddy and was able to add him to my contact list. I sent him a message yesterday and never got a reply from him. I asked him if he got it and he said no. His BBM still has my PIN listed as "pending". I figured once he accepted my invite and was added to my contact list, I should have been added to his contact list also..... is there something he has to do on his end to move me from pending to contacts? He was move to my contact list as soon as he accepted my invite.

Thanks for all the great tips!
    11-17-08 07:48 PM
    A few people earlier in the thread had posted the same issue. I am having problem with only one person on my contact list. I can send messages to him, and it'd say "delivered", but it never changes to "read". It's been working fine for months with this friend until a few days ago.

I checked with my friend and he said he's got all my messages and replied, but I never get those messages from him. We tried to delete and add again and it's even worse. Because now I simply cannot see him on my contact list at all (I can't receive his add request or accept request messages). He's only having this issue with me as well. Both of our phones are working fine with other friends.

Any one please help???

I'm having the same problems.. two of my contacts who are both from Canada who I used to be able to contact on bbm now dont. Messages I type don't have the little d or r by them and those 2 contacts are 'unreachable' ... All my other contacts are fine.
    11-19-08 01:51 PM
    for some reason this is not working for me maybe I am just dumb. But when I open BM it pulls up Current Converation, Contacts and Pending and I have to hit the apps button to get add a contact but then when I select the person from my address book it does not let me add them? Can someone help me please?
    11-20-08 12:58 AM
684 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD